I searched the posts and could not find an answer. If it's been answered perhaps someone can just point; I understand to change from the 30 day limit I have to delete the account and reset it up with infinite. Are my current emails deleted? Do the repopulate when I add the email account back? Is this a risky move with the latest MR 10.1xx? Any noted issues with emails after the new release?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:09 PM
    For my acct at least, all emails in my hotmail/outlook acct have been pushed to my device

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.810
    08-02-13 12:14 PM
    I did exactly that: namely, just change the setting to forever. Not a problem... although did take over a day to process "mark all prior as read". There's no need to delete your existing account.

Here's what happened when I did it:

On my Z10, just after the 10.1 "MR" upgrade was done, I noticed the "Sync Timeframe" options now included "Forever". I have 2 email accounts, one from hotmail and one from my home isp. I decided to set the forever option on my home isp email account. Within moments I had over 1000 unread email messages going back a few years. I just put the phone down and let it churn thru all that old stuff. But when I needed to use the phone or an app, it worked fine, including the hub. My current emails were all there, still marked "read". Only the older messages being added to the phone were now marked as "unread". I just ignored that. I used the "mark all prior messages as read" a few times. By the next day, I was back to zero unread messages.

All in all, I have to say, it ran smoothly. And I really like having all those bold messages on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:32 PM
    OP,
    Note that for the most popular free accounts (i.e., Gmail via IMAP; Outlook.com via EAS) you shouldn't end up with a ton of Unread mail -- unless it's unread on that base account.
    I would, however, suggest looking at how much email you've accumulated before syncing all messages. Before I did the "forever" sync, I cleaned up my two accounts and ended up blowing away about 15,000 messages on one account alone. They were outdated promos, newsletters I could easily find online, meeting acceptances going back years, and so on.
    If your email account is in better shape than mine was, just go for it. BB users have been griping about not having true 2-way sync like this for years. Now it's here, let's take advantage of it.
    08-02-13 04:30 PM
    Thank you all for your informative post. I will make the change.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 05:00 PM
    Any nasty battery life issues from doing this?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-02-13 06:23 PM
    Any nasty battery life issues from doing this?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Only the initial sync kicks the battery. When I re-add my email accounts after installing a leak, I set up the account, then plug it in and watch a movie or some such activity. You probably also want to be on WiFi at the time, too unless you have a generous data plan. Depending on how much email you're syncing, you could end up spiking your data allowance.
    08-02-13 06:33 PM
    I cannot change my Gmail to forever. Any tips?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 06:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    The first question is, what OS version are you running? This will only be available when you are running 10.1.0.4xxx..
    08-02-13 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you have the proper OS version, you can't "change" it, you have to delete and re-add the account.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-02-13 07:30 PM