Today, I tried connecting my phone to my Laptop and to my surprised, it says the following error:

"USB device not recognized". The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."

So I thought its just some drivers issue and I reinstall my BB Link. Still not working. I did try to do a battery pull on my Q10, Security Wipe, Restart my PC, change USB detection on Q10 settings, and all still not working.

The device however charges fine WITH a standard wall charger but not through a standard USB port. I tried connecting to other PC and they all are not able to connect to the device.

So I suspect its the phone but after a security wipe, I am still not able to get it to connect to my Laptop.

I remember on the old BB 7.1, there is a menu in the engineering screen where you can set your USB type but the Q10 doesn't have that menu anymore.

Any help? I hate to claim warranty on this device as it will take 2 or more weeks to get it fixed.

- Charles
    08-02-13 12:18 AM
    Today, I tried connecting my phone to my Laptop and to my surprised, it says the following error:

"USB device not recognized". The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."

So I thought its just some drivers issue and I reinstall my BB Link. Still not working. I did try to do a battery pull on my Q10, Security Wipe, Restart my PC, change USB detection on Q10 settings, and all still not working.

The device however charges fine WITH a standard wall charger but not through a standard USB port. I tried connecting to other PC and they all are not able to connect to the device.

So I suspect its the phone but after a security wipe, I am still not able to get it to connect to my Laptop.

I remember on the old BB 7.1, there is a menu in the engineering screen where you can set your USB type but the Q10 doesn't have that menu anymore.

Any help? I hate to claim warranty on this device as it will take 2 or more weeks to get it fixed.

- Charles
    Try changing your USB connection to "connect to Windows" at Storage and Access.
    08-02-13 01:22 AM
    Try changing your USB connection to "connect to Windows" at Storage and Access.
    Done that. Still the same.

- Charles
    08-04-13 12:55 PM
    I got this fixed. Basically its a hardware issue. One of Integrated Circuit was shorted. Its fixed now and its all working well

- Charles
    08-07-13 12:39 AM
    Hi, Please I have the same problem how do I get it fixed
    08-07-13 05:05 AM
    I got this fixed. Basically its a hardware issue. One of Integrated Circuit was shorted. Its fixed now and its all working well

- Charles
    How do I get this problem fixed, I have the same problem
    08-07-13 07:55 AM
    Hi please do I have to claim a warranty for this issue

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 01:12 AM

- Charles
    Hi,I have the same issue with my Q10,how do I get it fixed,am I to claim a warranty or something, thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:28 AM
    Hi,I have the same issue with my Q10,how do I get it fixed,am I to claim a warranty or something, thanks

Posted via CB10
    In Indonesia where I got my phone, claiming warranty can take up to 1 month! They offer 2 years warranty but its a silly warranty program!! So for me, the shop basically open the phone up, cut one of the connector (pin) on the IC. I know its not a good way to fix it but its done within 30 minutes compared to 1 month.

But I don't know where you are from so I can't help you other than telling you to claim your warranty!

- Charles
    08-09-13 01:31 AM

- Charles
    Its actually a windows technical issue there is another program that has usb drivers interacting with bb link usb drivers.

Completely uninstall bb link. reboot computer, do a disc check and disc error correction, then reboot again, install bb link and plug blackberry device in...this usually fixed usb issues.
    08-21-13 09:37 PM
    Its actually a windows technical issue there is another program that has usb drivers interacting with bb link usb drivers.

Completely uninstall bb link. reboot computer, do a disc check and disc error correction, then reboot again, install bb link and plug blackberry device in...this usually fixed usb issues.
    Yes usually but not mine

- Charles
    09-10-13 10:25 AM
    Man I might gave the same issue

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 12:09 AM
    I had the same issue and it brought me here. As I was reading I decided to try a different usb cable going from my computer to the phone. That did the trick, so may solve someone else's problem as well.
    11-28-14 11:09 AM
    Sorry for invigorating this old thread but I had this issue today on two win10 computers trying to connect a z30.
    This new driver file fixed it. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    Last edited by Boight; 10-20-16 at 11:19 AM. Reason: fix link
    10-18-16 09:22 AM
    I have the same problem, which brings up another question, do we really need to use a USB connection if we can connect to Link and Blend through WiFi?
    08-03-17 08:01 PM