I keep reading about how people associate BB with the old, boring phones. And I keep reading about how BB marketing has failed. I'm not in marketing, but I think BB needs to send a new message. What I would like to see is a "We've Changed" campaign.

The first ad could be a guy getting thrown out of his house by his girlfried and her saying "I'm sick of you being boring and difficult to deal with!" He sadly walks away and checks his BB Torch for any text messages. A few weeks later he show up at the house with his new Z10. She sees the phone, hugs him, and they go in together. The tagline "BlackBerry. We've changed. Give us another chance."
    08-01-13 07:01 PM
    Um, sorry, not exactly the best message. Comes off as begging.

"Please take me back. Pweety please "
    08-01-13 07:06 PM
    The tagline "BlackBerry. We've changed. Give us another chance."
    That's not an ad campaign. That is what a drunken husband says after beating the crap out of his wife for the fiftyleventh time and right before she clicks the manual safety off.
    08-01-13 07:07 PM
    That's not an ad campaign. That is what a drunken husband says after beating the crap out of his wife for the fiftyleventh time and right before she clicks the manual safety off.
    That was just too funny. I can't stop laughing.
    08-01-13 07:20 PM
    Well, I won't go with that message. But the need to explain that BlackBerry is completely new is critical.

There is something about admitting that bb7 was the old generation.

One thing BlackBerry could do, is make fun of itself in this process. So that it admits that the old BlackBerry did run out of life, but that the new one is a rocket. They really need to get attention and get that message across.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    08-01-13 07:25 PM
    I do think that there is a change needed, but saying it that way isnt the best idea. There needs to be a UNITED worldwide message about BB10, and it needs to have a particular focus. It cant just be the commercials that they have now, they are all over the place. The Verizon Q10 commercial isnt bad, but other than that they are terrible.http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pre...l-hits-youtube

is the single best commercial I have ever seen about BB, and it wasnt even done by them lol
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-01-13 07:27 PM
    Should i feel bad for laughing at this? guess since it was meant as a joke and not an actual thing its ok
    08-01-13 07:28 PM
    I actually pulled this from one of CrackBerry's articles awhile ago

"What's happening with BlackBerry is a lot like the girl who dates her high school sweetheart. He's a bit chubby and a bad dresser, but he's great at conversation. Eventually a new kid comes along. He dresses better, looks better and steals her heart for the moment. But after a while, something just isn't quite right. The girl isn't able to communicate with the new guy like she used to communicate with her old chubby boyfriend.

Summer holidays come and go, and the girl goes back to school in September. To her surprise, the once-chubby kid has been working out, and he's dressing a lot better. Yet he's the same sweet guy that communicates with her so well. Her heart is captured again, and she's back to her first love. ("BlackBerry is Back" by CrackBerry)"

This could be a good marketing commercial.

Posted via CB10
    ultra07, bbfan1040 and theRock1975 like this.
    08-01-13 07:30 PM
    How's Keep Moving working so far?

Like I said, I'm not in marketing and probably for good reason. But people need to know that BB10 is not anything like BB7.....
    08-01-13 07:34 PM
    I guess we're talking about chris brown?

Posted on my Q10
    08-01-13 07:35 PM
    wow, your username is pretty accurate then isn't it?
    08-01-13 07:36 PM
    I do think that there is a change needed, but saying it that way isnt the best idea. There needs to be a UNITED worldwide message about BB10, and it needs to have a particular focus. It cant just be the commercials that they have now, they are all over the place. The Verizon Q10 commercial isnt bad, but other than that they are terrible.Must watch BlackBerry Pre-Super Bowl Commercial hits Youtube! | CrackBerry.com

is the single best commercial I have ever seen about BB, and it wasnt even done by them lol
    That is the first time I have seen that and THAT is impressive.

p.s. that other thing, yeah, it was meant to be comical
    08-01-13 07:43 PM
    The ideas are cool!
    08-01-13 08:01 PM

"What's happening with BlackBerry is a lot like the girl who dates her high school sweetheart. He's a bit chubby and a bad dresser, but he's great at conversation. Eventually a new kid comes along. He dresses better, looks better and steals her heart for the moment. But after a while, something just isn't quite right. The girl isn't able to communicate with the new guy like she used to communicate with her old chubby boyfriend.

Summer holidays come and go, and the girl goes back to school in September. To her surprise, the once-chubby kid has been working out, and he's dressing a lot better. Yet he's the same sweet guy that communicates with her so well. Her heart is captured again, and she's back to her first love. ("BlackBerry is Back" by CrackBerry)"

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully HS sweetheart guy wasn't such a doormat that he took her back after she ditched him for the pretty boy.
    08-01-13 08:45 PM
    * Slowly backs out of thread...*

Swiped On My Zed10
    h20work and bp3dots like this.
    08-01-13 08:47 PM
    I think the perfect ad for Blackberry to relaunch would be to use this clip from Chariots of Fire. Here is the Youtube link (sorry for the commercial at the start. The commercial just runs from the start to the 32 second. Then there is a voice over - Blackberry 10, the race for the best smartphone is far from over and we have not conceded defeat.

08-01-13 11:37 PM
    Domino's Pizza had a campaign here in the US that said basically "Our pizza stunk. We fixed it." It went on to describe the things it changed. It was brilliant and resulted in a huge sales spike.

P.S. Domino's pizza still stinks.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 05:18 AM
    How about a slogan like "Tools not Toys"

I'm kidding.
    h20work likes this.
    08-02-13 05:50 AM
    Domino's Pizza had a campaign here in the US that said basically "Our pizza stunk. We fixed it." It went on to describe the things it changed. It was brilliant and resulted in a huge sales spike.

P.S. Domino's pizza still stinks.

Posted via CB10
    A spike, yes. It's one thing for marketing to convince people to plunk down $10 or whatever to try out a "new and improved" pizza -- they eat it one night, it's gone, and their wallets won't really notice. It's quite another for marketing to convince people to pony up $200 for a "new and improved" phone that they're going to be stuck with for two years.

BlackBerry's worst enemy in the marketing department is the perception that a BB is the most unhip smartphone one could possibly buy. That's what any ad campaign should attack.
    bp3dots likes this.
    08-02-13 06:52 AM
    See next page
    Last edited by tmichaelmorrissey; 08-02-13 at 07:10 AM.
    08-02-13 06:59 AM
    I think the perfect ad for Blackberry to relaunch would be to use this clip from Chariots of Fire. Here is the Youtube link (sorry for the commercial at the start. The commercial just runs from the start to the 32 second. Then there is a voice over - Blackberry 10, the race for the best smartphone is far from over and we have not conceded defeat.

I really like this video concept alot: Perhaps the tag line at the end might be; BLACKBERRY IS BACK LIKE NEVER BEFORE, CHECK OUT OUR NEW AMAZING PHONES. WE ARE BACK AND READY TO RUN WITH THE BEST

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 07:03 AM
    A spike, yes. It's one thing for marketing to convince people to plunk down $10 or whatever to try out a "new and improved" pizza -- they eat it one night, it's gone, and their wallets won't really notice. It's quite another for marketing to convince people to pony up $200 for a "new and improved" phone that they're going to be stuck with for two years.

BlackBerry's worst enemy in the marketing department is the perception that a BB is the most unhip smartphone one could possibly buy. That's what any ad campaign should attack.
    Marketing can't turn a bad product into a good one but it can get consumers motivated.

The bb10 phones are good products so good marketing should drive sales beyond just a spike.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 07:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    This concept would make for an excellent marketing piece. BlackBerry, are you listening?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 07:16 AM
    The "Keep Moving" tagline has certainly worked against BlackBerry. As consumers have kept moving right past BlackBerry to iOS or Android. There is no question BlackBerry needs better marketing. "Keep Moving" is right up there with "Amerture Hour is Over"
    08-02-13 07:33 AM