For a while it seemed like we were getting a new leak almost every day. Now it seems like it has been forever.

I know it is only a few days but since I am Q10 user and cannot use the latest 10.2 leak it seems longer to me.

Why do you think the leaks have slowed?

I am sure since 10.1 MR has now been officially released development of 10.1 has probably slowed down if not ended with only bugs being addressed.

As for 10.2 can we expect to see more leaks soon or has Blackberry called in the plumber to stop the flood?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:05 PM
    Somebody should try and crack there pipes then

Engraved by keyboard beast running 10.2.0.483
    ty88 likes this.
    08-01-13 01:07 PM
    Maybe the os leak team are recharging their sawsall.

Flicked via Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-01-13 01:24 PM
    The are no more water until the Gold SDK gets flushed Down.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 02:54 PM
    I'm jonesing for a 10.2.0.8xx Q10 radio.

Cranky
    FCSC likes this.
    08-01-13 03:24 PM
    Wait for 10.2 gold that's coming this month

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 03:25 PM
    For a while it seemed like we were getting a new leak almost every day. Now it seems like it has been forever.

I know it is only a few days but since I am Q10 user and cannot use the latest 10.2 leak it seems longer to me.

Why do you think the leaks have slowed?

I am sure since 10.1 MR has now been officially released development of 10.1 has probably slowed down if not ended with only bugs being addressed.

As for 10.2 can we expect to see more leaks soon or has Blackberry called in the plumber to stop the flood?

Posted via CB10
    As far as I know there were two leaks last week [a 10.1 MR & a 10.2], I'm not sure at what rate in leaks per week, leaks per day, or leaks per month is "acceptable" to you, but the only reason why we had so many 10.1 4xxx leaks is due to the fact that 4xxx and above were 10.1 MR leaks. Many times we were releasing incremental, slightly incremental leaks at times, of the 10.1 MR versions, now that 10.1 MR has gone official release, it's safe to say we're not going to have many more of those, which made up the majority of what we have been spewing out.

Now on to 10.2 releases since I've discussed 10.1 MR, we aren't going to release things unless the leaks check out well enough, we haven't stopped leaking, there's a good deal that goes into the process... On the team there are many Q users, like myself, as well as a STL100-1 user, we all are waiting for a good radio file for the Q, until then just chill, there's no reason to start a "Why do you think the leaks have slowed?" thread to fuel speculation and nonsense, over a question that has such a simple answer...
    08-01-13 03:34 PM
    Wait for 10.2 gold that's coming this month

Posted via CB10
    Again we recommend against using sdk packages for normal users, a great deal will be missing, so listen closely because you've made a mistake in your words and it'll confuse people quickly...

In August, the month we are in now the 10.2 Gold SDK will be released sometime between now and the end of the month, not OS 10.2 Gold, huge difference, absolutely huge difference....
    08-01-13 03:36 PM
    As far as I know there were two leaks last week [a 10.1 MR & a 10.2], I'm not sure at what rate in leaks per week, leaks per day, or leaks per month is "acceptable" to you, but the only reason why we had so many 10.1 4xxx leaks is due to the fact that 4xxx and above were 10.1 MR leaks. Many times we were releasing incremental, slightly incremental leaks at times, of the 10.1 MR versions, now that 10.1 MR has gone official release, it's safe to say we're not going to have many more of those, which made up the majority of what we have been spewing out.

Now on to 10.2 releases since I've discussed 10.1 MR, we aren't going to release things unless the leaks check out well enough, we haven't stopped leaking, there's a good deal that goes into the process... On the team there are many Q users, like myself, as well as a STL100-1 user, we all are waiting for a good radio file for the Q, until then just chill, there's no reason to start a "Why do you think the leaks have slowed?" thread to fuel speculation and nonsense, over a question that has such a simple answer...
    First off I want to thank the leak team for the work they do. Without you guys and gals many of us would be running very outdated OS that our sorry carriers provide to their customers, especially in the USA. This thread was not started to get on the team about the slow down so need to get on the defensive. As I said in the OP it makes sense the 10.1 leaks would slow down now that MR was released.

As for 10.2 it seems Blackberry is making it more difficult to mix and match files from different OS and make hybrids. It also seems like radio files are harder to come by. Again this is no fault of the hard working elite leak team.

Some people suggest the beta OS are purposely leaked out by Blackberry but some of the changes we have seen happening with the past several leaks would suggest Blackberry is working against the leakers so to speak.

Just trying to get people ideas as to why they think the slow down is occurring as I thought that is what a forum is all about. Calling a valid discussion "non sense" is not necessary and may deter others from posting valid comments which is something we should avoid in Crackberry Nation.
    08-01-13 04:10 PM
    As for 10.2 it seems Blackberry is making it more difficult to mix and match files from different OS and make hybrids. It also seems like radio files are harder to come by. Again this is no fault of the hard working elite leak team.
    BlackBerry is not making it more difficult to "mix and match files"... BlackBerry is simply upgrading many components big time, there are inherent dependency issues, that's normal, it has nothing to do with radio files, "mixing and matching", et cetera...

Some people suggest the beta OS are purposely leaked out by Blackberry but some of the changes we have seen happening with the past several leaks would suggest Blackberry is working against the leakers so to speak.
    Well, "some people" happen to be extremely wrong... a lot... These 10.2 leaks have been builds for the A-series, therefore, without radios for the Z and Q... It really is that plain and simple, there are people who have tried conspiracy rumors and such, but that doesn't mean they should be listened to...

Just trying to get people ideas as to why they think the slow down is occurring as I thought that is what a forum is all about. Calling a valid discussion "non sense" is not necessary and may deter others from posting valid comments which is something we should avoid in Crackberry Nation.
    Anyway who reads what I write around here will know I call things out the way they are, if I call it nonsense it certainly is nonsense... to me at least... Getting ideas from others isn't a bad thing if it is constructive. However, if I can simply answer the questions you posed, as they have been answered by many throughout these threads either by people who are on the leak team, or who just stay "up-to-date" on what's going on, then there's not more to see... This forum does not exist to foster rumors and dissemination of bad information, what I have done, is give you correct, factual, to-the-point information to answer the question you posed: "Has BlackBerry fixed it's pipes?" There is no discussion to be had here...
    08-01-13 04:21 PM
    The OS Elite Team members have stopped leaking? There are meds for that, you know. Maybe a visit to the urologist would be convenient...

Waiting patiently for a 10.2 Full OS for my STL 100-1!
    08-01-13 04:31 PM
    The OS Elite Team members have stopped leaking? There are meds for that, you know. Maybe a visit to the urologist would be convenient...

Waiting patiently for a 10.2 Full OS for my STL 100-1!
    I like your style
    SteelHelmet likes this.
    08-01-13 04:32 PM
    BlackBerry is not making it more difficult to "mix and match files"... BlackBerry is simply upgrading many components big time, there are inherent dependency issues, that's normal, it has nothing to do with radio files, "mixing and matching", et cetera...
    Completely agree with this. Happens on all early builds of a new product.

Once sdk gold hits this should settle down to a large degree, though maybe not completely. Can't have developers making apps that won't work on the actual 10.2 release.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and accuberryedwin like this.
    08-01-13 04:36 PM

FYI: The MR has been pulled in certain parts of the world due to the SMS bug. No words about when it will be re-submitted to the carriers for a new TA.
    08-01-13 05:00 PM

Well, "some people" happen to be extremely wrong... a lot... These 10.2 leaks have been builds for the A-series, therefore, without radios for the Z and Q... It really is that plain and simple, there are people who have tried conspiracy rumors and such, but that doesn't mean they should be listened to...

Anyway who reads what I write around here will know I call things out the way they are, if I call it nonsense it certainly is nonsense... to me at least... Getting ideas from others isn't a bad thing if it is constructive. However, if I can simply answer the questions you posed, as they have been answered by many throughout these threads either by people who are on the leak team, or who just stay "up-to-date" on what's going on, then there's not more to see... This forum does not exist to foster rumors and dissemination of bad information, what I have done, is give you correct, factual, to-the-point information to answer the question you posed: "Has BlackBerry fixed it's pipes?" There is no discussion to be had here...
    Thanks for taking the time to say all of that so clearly and coherently. Everyone read this. Twice. Three times if you are a little dense.

Sorry for quoting the whole post... felt necessary.

Posted via CB10
    walt63, ghundiraj and Mecca EL like this.
    08-01-13 05:40 PM
    FYI: The MR has been pulled in certain parts of the world due to the SMS bug. No words about when it will be re-submitted to the carriers for a new TA.
    Can you provide some confirmation for this claim?
    08-01-13 05:48 PM
    FYI: That's what the OS Leak team has been saying since we've been leaking 4xxx 10.1 builds. Since we haven't thoroughly beat the hell out of the topic yet and explained it I'll will do so here for the benefit of all who stumble across this.

For those of you who have not experienced what jpvj is talking about, it can be a hassle for those who rely heavily on SMS. It's annoying yes, does it affect the performance of your device: no. Essentially in the process of reorganization and updating to the "logical" structure of the OS, BlackBerry has chosen to move about several databases, as a result one of the databases tied to the storage of SMS messages has been affected. As of right now there's no reason to believe that we should expect this to be fixed. The structure that has been changed remains changed in 10.2, which is why I personally don't like calling it a bug anymore, I just call it growing pains...

Anyway, for anyone who has read through the 4xxx leaks you would have know that this was a known issue. For those of you who didn't read through and waited for the official OS I feel bad for you. For those of you who did read through the 4xxx leak threads and knew about this, but didn't know why, I hope this helps. For those of you who knew all of this and none of this is new then cool beans....

Now back to jpjv because I haven't terrorized you enough yet: Where has this been pulled, I'd like proof...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-01-13 05:54 PM
    Honestly, I don't know why this topic would need to be discussed in this thread. It has been issued before in several BB 10 Leaked/Beta OS threads. Anyone who is up to leaks instead of waiting for carrier updates has read about the SMS issues. So, if you've experienced this bug, what I politely recommend to you is to switch back to your previous working software and do your homework first before throwing embarrassing FYIs
    08-01-13 06:15 PM
    Mozilla will find the little critters
    08-01-13 06:25 PM
    FYI: That's what the OS Leak team has been saying since we've been leaking 4xxx 10.1 builds. Since we haven't thoroughly beat the hell out of the topic yet and explained it I'll will do so here for the benefit of all who stumble across this.

For those of you who have not experienced what jpvj is talking about, it can be a hassle for those who rely heavily on SMS. It's annoying yes, does it affect the performance of your device: no. Essentially in the process of reorganization and updating to the "logical" structure of the OS, BlackBerry has chosen to move about several databases, as a result one of the databases tied to the storage of SMS messages has been affected. As of right now there's no reason to believe that we should expect this to be fixed. The structure that has been changed remains changed in 10.2, which is why I personally don't like calling it a bug anymore, I just call it growing pains...

Anyway, for anyone who has read through the 4xxx leaks you would have know that this was a known issue. For those of you who didn't read through and waited for the official OS I feel bad for you. For those of you who did read through the 4xxx leak threads and knew about this, but didn't know why, I hope this helps. For those of you who knew all of this and none of this is new then cool beans....

Now back to jpjv because I haven't terrorized you enough yet: Where has this been pulled, I'd like proof...
    Are you saying that I should be seeing sms problems with the 810 leak? Have not seen any problems so far....
    08-01-13 06:34 PM
    Are you saying that I should be seeing sms problems with the 810 leak? Have not seen any problems so far....
    Where the f* did I say anything about 810?!? I mentioned 10.2 once only to discuss that there are no further issues if people wish to go to a build were the translation between the previous version and the "current versions" isn't an issue... I mean seriously read and tell me where I said anything about 810
    08-01-13 07:53 PM

Could it be that BBRY is preparing the OS when 10.2 hits; By making some small changes to 10.1 to accommodate whatever 10.2 brings?
    08-01-13 09:05 PM
    Could it be that BBRY is preparing the OS when 10.2 hits; By making some small changes to 10.1 to accommodate whatever 10.2 brings?
    No what we've seen is that 10.1 MR has brought a significant update to 10.1 as expected [some not visible to the user], and also as expected 10.1 MR is not BlackBerry's end game. When OS 10.2 becomes available officially to everyone, which for some might be months off, worse case scenario close to 2014 with some carrier testing [again hopefully that's worst case scenario], OS 10.2 will mark for the most part the full realization of what BlackBerry 10 should look like/should have looked like at launch. There isn't much in the way of "preparing for OS 10.2" per se, you have to understand for those who were the first VZW Z10 owners in the U.S., officially they didn't even get 10.1 until last week, trust me they are not going to be first in line for 10.1 MR, but for those who refuse to use even the safe leaks, that is what those individuals will be stuck with, it's almost like self imposed hell...

Regardless that's the full explanation, so let me summarize the answer to your question: No BlackBerry is not preparing for OS 10.2 with 10.1 MR, there is absolutely nothing on the inside or outside to suggest that. It's just trying to get "things" to people as soon as possible, as quickly as possible, given everything that occurs in the official update channels. That is the sole reason we are seeing 10.1 MR even being discussed, and why we are differentiating the 4xxx builds and higher from the rest.
    08-01-13 10:05 PM
    it's almost like self imposed hell...
    Almost?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-01-13 10:10 PM
    Almost?

Posted via CB10
    I put that in so as not to offend those who feel righteous for sticking to official OS updates haha!

Some people I think intentionally don't want to install a leak to fix their issues because they want to have the ability to complain that they "shouldn't have to"
    toobs623 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-01-13 10:12 PM
82 123 ...