Hi, i am totally new here and i'd like to ask you some help:
    is there a way to wipe and reset a Z10 without entering the menu? Like it happens for example on a Samsung just by pressing certain phisical buttons?
    Thank you in advance, greatings.
    Stefano
    07-31-13 04:23 PM
    Hello!

I'm not really sure what you mean by not using the menu, but you can do a factory reset on a Z10. To do a Security Wipe (deletes data, files, and apps), go to "Settings," then "Security and Privacy," then "Security Wipe." That is all I know about this at the moment. Is there a reason why you'd like to wipe your phone? I'm not trying to be nosy, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to help you. You can also send a direct message to @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter, and they can give you really good tips on how to wipe your device.
    07-31-13 05:34 PM
    Hi, i am totally new here and i'd like to ask you some help:
    is there a way to wipe and reset a Z10 without entering the menu? Like it happens for example on a Samsung just by pressing certain phisical buttons?
    Thank you in advance, greatings.
    Stefano
    There are two ways to do this - to make it "back to factory" if that is what you hope to do.

If you just want to "reboot" (hard reset) then just hold the power button down for about 10 seconds (the red LED will glow and then eventually the phone wlll power up again. However - this is not a "wipe" but just a "get me unstuck" move).

Method one to WIPE the phone:
    Go into Settings, then Security, and Security Wipe. It will ask you to type "blackberry" to confirm. It takes about 15 minutes because it electronically "shreds" everything on the phone. It is super secure and works very well.

Method Two to WIPE the phone:
    Connect it to your PC or MAC with a USB Cable using Desktop Link. Hit the gearbox icon on the top right of LINK for your PC (not the gearbox icon for the device). There will be an option on the top line of the LINK screen about "Reload Device" and this will replace your current operating system with a Factory version. This wipes your phone, too. This method is normally used if the first method won't work (because you bricked your phone somehow). This method also unbricks your phone.
    07-31-13 07:24 PM
    Hi, thank you Morty2264, but TTune's got an asnwer i was looking for. The problem is i've sent a Z10, amazing device, as a gift to my brother who lives in Italy. By the first setting up of the device he's now stuk at the page where he should be able to choose land and language and probably because he tried to do it at first with a "test dutch sim card" i've sent along the phone he cannot find the way to go any further.
    That's why i wanted to as if there is a way to wipe the phone without to get into the settings menu and to "Security wipe" option.
    Does the "Blackberry Link" option through the desktop work even if the phone wasn't yet linked to the software?

..in the mean time i've suggested him to reboot the phone by pressing 10 secs the on/off button.. and waiting for a response.
    08-01-13 07:14 AM
    Hi,

FYI: You can actually setup the phone with WiFi only - no SIM card is needed (of course you cannot make calls!).

I have not knowlegde about factory resetting a BB10. With legacy BB devices you could use the command line tool "loader.exe /resettofactory".
    The only way with a BB10 would be to download and install a BB10 OS (called an Autoloader version because everything is running automatically with no questions asked, except for a possible device password).

In early versions of the BB10 OS I have seen the initial setup wizard get stuck. Ever since 10.1 came out I have not seen the issue. The workaround was to remove the battery and restart the setup.

Let us know if the workaround works for him.
    08-01-13 07:47 AM
    Thanks.. I told to do it but i'm still waiting to know if it did work. I'll get beack here and tell..

I really hope it's going to work because i truly hope he can use the phone as i think it's amazing.
    08-01-13 02:37 PM
    I don't believe BlackBerry has a recovery menu like some of the Androids, but you can reset and reload the OS by connecting it to a desktop that has BlackBerry Link and pressing reload. No need to access the settings menu.

Correct Mr if there is though.
    08-01-13 03:09 PM
    I don't believe BlackBerry has a recovery menu like some of the Androids, but you can reset and reload the OS by connecting it to a desktop that has BlackBerry Link and pressing reload. No need to access the settings menu.

Correct Mr if there is though.
    The phone, was of course never linked to BlackBerry Link before. Will it work anyway?
    08-01-13 03:25 PM
    The phone, was of course never linked to BlackBerry Link before. Will it work anyway?
    You can use BlackBerry Link any time with the phone. I went a month owning my Z10 before I ever set it up with Link.

However link will require someone with a BlackBerry ID to sign in in order to work with the device ** I think **.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-01-13 03:33 PM
    Hi everyone. We suddendly have a big doubt! My brother is using some kind of mobile modem with a prepaid 3G connection.. We are now just thinking that the "credit" might be zero.. Is it just possible that the setting just get stuck at the land choosing just because it doesn't get any connection to the web? He's going to try this weekend on a regular home wireless connection to see if it works.
    I'm really hoping to solve this because i think Z10 it's an amazing phone!
    08-02-13 03:51 AM
    Ok. Nothing to do with any kind of internet connection. The telephone is stuck at the page where my brother is supposed to choose the land.
    Can someone tell me if BlackBerry Link is able to detect and reset even a phone who was never linked before and it doesn't carry any data with it because it's not set yet?
    08-03-13 10:23 AM
    Ok. Nothing to do with any kind of internet connection. The telephone is stuck at the page where my brother is supposed to choose the land.
    Can someone tell me if BlackBerry Link is able to detect and reset even a phone who was never linked before and it doesn't carry any data with it because it's not set yet?
    I think your brother can use link to reset the phone as others have said. He might have to create a BlackBerry ID though. I think he can do that in link

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 11:14 AM
    Well.. sorry for such a late response.. The telephone it's working well. More than well, and my brother is very happy about it. Only it couldn't really tell me how did he manage to reset it.. As i understood it just starting working well again since he linked it to the pc and BlackBerry Link, without even choosing any reset option..
    Thank you all anyway..
    08-14-13 07:09 AM