With BlackBerry seemingly starting to make a good effort to market the BB10 phones, it seems there is something else they could be doing to benefit from its core of loyal supporters. What do you think about BB10 owners getting a small rebate, or gift package for bringing other customers to BlackBerry? It's a well-tested marketing strategy, and it promotes word of mouth advertising, something BlackBerry needs badly right now.

I just converted one iPhone user to BlackBerry Z10, and she loves it. Activating current BlackBerry 10 owners could add some serious marketing clout to the recovery.

A rebate on the cost of the phone...
    An online gift certificate for accessories...
    Money off the next BlackBerry 10 devices...

...what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:29 AM
    With BlackBerry seemingly starting to make a good effort to market the BB10 phones, it seems there is something else they could be doing to benefit from its core of loyal supporters. What do you think about BB10 owners getting a small rebate, or gift package for bringing other customers to BlackBerry? It's a well-tested marketing strategy, and it promotes word of mouth advertising, something BlackBerry needs badly right now.

I just converted one iPhone user to BlackBerry Z10, and she loves it. Activating current BlackBerry 10 owners could add some serious marketing clout to the recovery.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm I could go for that. I've converted 3 people, had 2 people upgrade from older BlackBerries. And I'm sure I've done more PR in the last few months for BBRY than they have over the past year
    07-31-13 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sure, I've seen company's do that before. Refer a friend program.
    07-31-13 09:36 AM
    valid idea, I've convereted a few folks .....
    07-31-13 09:39 AM
    If only we could organise ourselves and put such a suggestion forward to BlackBerry. Would that be possible? That would be an excellent way for their marketing to penetrate some of the negativity online.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:44 AM
    I suggest BBRY put out a product that just works and doesn't need workarounds waiting and leaks to just function close to what it should.

That would sell a lot more phones.
    07-31-13 10:47 AM
    Yes, maybe they could give out fruit baskets!
    07-31-13 11:00 AM
    Hmmm I could go for that. I've converted 3 people, had 2 people upgrade from older BlackBerries. And I'm sure I've done more PR in the last few months for BBRY than they have over the past year
    That's harsh to yourself.
    You've done more than they have in years in terms of pr

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    07-31-13 11:05 AM
    I've got one of those kbz.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:58 AM