In history that is.

I have had my Z10 since launch day in Canada way back in February. To say the least I am quite pleased with my upgrade from my Bold 9900.
    Now I have noticed that these forums have been plagued with back and forth banter about BlackBerry's future; let me say this, no one knows what's going to happen to BlackBerry.
    I personally think that both sides have good points. BlackBerry has been doing its best to deliver and climb back to its rightful place at the top. However they also need to get more creative with the marketing and think outside of the box.

What I wanted to say is that no matter what happens, BlackBerry will be remembered. They pioneered the Smartphone and the outcome of that is simply the greatest selection of devices and some pretty outstanding operating systems. There are literally thousands of different phones. (Most are Android though).

So in closing I just want to tell the faithful to stay strong and carry on.
    To the ones who defame BlackBerry with outlandish claims, you should look at your phone and show a bit of respect to BlackBerry. Afterall BlackBerry did create a lot of the great technology we use today.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB10FTW; 07-31-13 at 12:00 PM.
    07-31-13 02:10 AM
    BlackBerry was not finished yet. BlackBerry 10 is just the begun of a new chapter.

Posted via CB10
    BB10FTW and Jerale Hoard like this.
    07-31-13 02:19 AM
    Well OP your post really sounds like an obituary, but the patient is not dead as yet. What I notice is that BBRY is at least putting up a fight to stay alive and not rolling over and dying as some would like.

My Z10 has not yet received the memo that BBRY as a company is not doing well. I bought mine on Canadian launch day and nearly 6 months later I am still happy with it.

To the OP, I still believe that BBRY still has a future and will still be around for the next little while.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    BB10FTW and bb624 like this.
    07-31-13 02:57 AM
    OP Says to stay strong - I think there's been some misunderstanding. Doesn't sound like an obit to me!
    ajst222 and BB10FTW like this.
    07-31-13 09:17 AM
    Well OP your post really sounds like an obituary, but the patient is not dead as yet. What I notice is that BBRY is at least putting up a fight to stay alive and not rolling over and dying as some would like.

My Z10 has not yet received the memo that BBRY as a company is not doing well. I bought mine on Canadian launch day and nearly 6 months later I am still happy with it.

To the OP, I still believe that BBRY still has a future and will still be around for the next little while.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Haha you seem to have misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't saying that BlackBerry is dead, that would be horrid. I was simply making a point that no matter what the future has in store for BlackBerry they will forever live in emphamy.

BlackBerry can't be dead because at the end of my contract I want to buy the Z30 lol

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:12 AM
    To the ones who slander BlackBerry with outlandish claims, you should look at your phone and show a bit of respect to BlackBerry.
    I think you mean "libel" (or at least "defame") because "slander" refers to the spoken word. In any event, I've shown considerable "respect" over the years to BB by buying over a half-dozen of its devices and paying extra for its services. IMO, the company has stumbled badly over the past three years (and BB10 is a far cry from what it needs to regain its footing). In doing so, it lost much of whatever respect I had for it. Respect must be earned.
    TgeekB and BB10FTW like this.
    07-31-13 10:47 AM
    Think of the blackberry 10 as the pearl when they first started we will come out on top again

Posted via CB10
    BB10FTW likes this.
    07-31-13 11:46 AM
    I think you mean "libel" (or at least "defame") because "slander" refers to the spoken word. In any event, I've shown considerable "respect" over the years to BB by buying over a half-dozen of its devices and paying extra for its services. IMO, the company has stumbled badly over the past three years (and BB10 is a far cry from what it needs to regain its footing). In doing so, it lost much of whatever respect I had for it. Respect must be earned.
    When I was typing it out I was thinking about the spoken word but you're right in this context it seems out of place.

I realize that BlackBerry has a long way to go to build BB10 into a state of the art OS but it is only in its infancy. My point was that BlackBerry should be shown a certain level of respect for its accomplishments. BlackBerry made major strides just a few years ago and I think a lot of people are too soon to forget that. It has nothing to do with what they are doing now or what they will do, it's the respect they deserve for what they have done right.
    I can't expect everyone to like BlackBerry and I don't expect them to love them, however over time I have concluded that when you have respect for something it makes your criticism more powerful. You would be speaking from a place of respect rather than being blinded by your own biased feelings. I speak from experience as I had zero respect for Apple and especially Steve Jobs but I realized that ignorance had been my downfall.

I openly accept good and bad comments about BlackBerry's future because it gives us an objective view of what may be ahead and what we should watch for.
    (Of course you need to weed through the fan boy comments and the comments from the haters with to much time on their hands)

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:59 AM
    Blackberry still has a lot of os 6 and 7 users that are still perfectly happy with their phones and will eventually upgrade to BB 10 once something goes wrong Physically with their current phones or some feature in BB10 comes out that they want to jump the gun early.
    07-31-13 12:01 PM
    Think of the blackberry 10 as the pearl when they first started we will come out on top again

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 is definitely a diamond in the rough. My prediction is that BlackBerry 10 will have more success in its first two years than Windows Phone did. Not that, that is a super hard thing to do, but it's still a challenge that BlackBerry must overcome. It's all about baby steps right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:04 PM
    To complete your sentence OP: BlackBerry's going down ....in history as one of the greatest smartphones ever produced.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    07-31-13 12:15 PM
    Blackberry still has a lot of os 6 and 7 users that are still perfectly happy with their phones and will eventually upgrade to BB 10 once something goes wrong Physically with their current phones or some feature in BB10 comes out that they want to jump the gun early.
    Very true. BlackBerry does have to work on getting their message out though. BlackBerry 10 is quite amazing and I don't feel that BlackBerry conveys that message very well. They may have features that are already present that could convince people to switch, but in my experience the problem is that people are unaware.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:29 PM
    To tell you the truth, I don't think people will remember BlackBerry as someone who pioneered the smartphone market.

Most people didn't even know BlackBerry's are/were smartphones. They think a touchscreen is what makes a smartphone. Ie Apple.

But from people that know technology would though. So I guess that's what counts.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    07-31-13 03:07 PM
    To tell you the truth, I don't think people will remember BlackBerry as someone who pioneered the smartphone market.

Most people didn't even know BlackBerry's are/were smartphones. They think a touchscreen is what makes a smartphone. Ie Apple.

But from people that know technology would though. So I guess that's what counts.
    I can definitely see where you're coming from and I agree. I guess I was being optimistic thinking that I could help people dig deep into their brains and actually show some intelligence lol.

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor likes this.
    07-31-13 03:27 PM
    Long live Blackberry forever!

BB Z10 rocks.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    07-31-13 03:42 PM