First of all, I'm happy wit my Q10 and I still do think that it was a very good idea to ditch the iPhone 5 I used before and take a BlackBerry with physical keyboard again. I'm also happy about any kind of Updates to BB10, because it shows that they're working to make it even better.

But yesterday was a hard day for me, because my Q10 let me down in so many ways, and that was just during a business trip with no spare phone in hand. First of all I had huge issues with my cellular connection, which is nothing unusual on my provider (Vodafone GER), but yesterday, I had to decide, do I want to use data services, then I had to enable 3G, but then the phone showed that the voice service is not available, which means I couldn't place or receive calls. Or I had to switch to 2G-only, but then the data service wasn't working. I tried the SIM in the phone of our employee who was driving me and it worked just fine (Samsung toy-phone, uaaargh!).

After switching between calls and data for the whole day, I arrived at home and tried to make some bank transfers, but I couldn't get the Text from my Bank with the mTAN, Text-service wasn't available as well as it seemed, because Texts I did send as a test didn't arrive on the phones I sent it to. After a good frustrated scream and a glass of Johnny Walker Gold Label, I figured out that there was a new update, so I immedietly put the phone on the charger and started the update. After it was finished and the phone had restarted, I got lots of Texts, which did not arrive before. Mostly mTANs, but one critical one, a message from another employee, who is currently in Turkey. He send me the message from a local prepaid card, saying that his German phone is not to be reachable. I didn't save the Turkey number and decided I should go to bed and take care of it the next day.

Today I got up and after breakfast, I wanted to reply to him. Funny thing is, all old Texts are gone today. Not a single Text-Msg is left, the phone forgot every stupid Text-Msg over night. So now I'm quite pissed that I have to reach out for his wife to send me his number there in Turkey. Other stupid thing is that the phone decided that it would be a good idea to suddenly set all the saved passwords for Emails and Calendars to blank, so I have to wait until I'm in the office and one of the IT guys will reinsert my Passwords.

Worst day in Q10 usage for me so far, I had my problems with old BlackBerry legacy devices as well when they didn't want to work as I want, and I had plenty of reasons to be pissed of by the iPhones I used since the 9900 Bold as well, but never did I experience something like what happened to me now with the Q10. I'm really anxious now if I should still use the phone, because maybe something else as worse as this will happen again. I regularly backup my phones data, but its not part of my everyday routine like brushing my teeth or taking a shower.

What I'll do now is to let Vodafone replace the device immedietly and I hope that its really a case of a monday-device. But I think that if something like this will happen again, I'll just smash the phone on the next available wall, return to the much-hated iPhone and say goodbye to the fabolous physical keyboard. Because as far as my experiences are, BlackBerry support doesn't really care about issues at all

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:13 AM
    07-31-13 02:03 AM