so i did the update on my z10 last night. and now ... i cant make calls out .. tells me it cant connect my calls and to try again later .. everything else works great ...i have pulled the battery 3 times now and still nothing ... anyone else have this issue??
    07-30-13 01:18 PM
    which update exactly? what OS are you currently running
    07-30-13 01:26 PM
    back up data and security wipe
    07-30-13 01:29 PM
    07-30-13 01:32 PM
    the newst one .. 10.1.0.4181 it sent me a request to update it ... i waited a few days . i have had to wipe my phone with the last update too ... im not impressed ..
    07-30-13 01:45 PM
    Well I did the security wipe and still nothing. Getting it to load properly was brutal. Had to pull the battery 4 times after and its back to working but no phone calls can be made......i have had many bb's and never had issues. and since I got this phone in Feb only when I did updates have i had issues. Frusterating! have a great day!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:04 PM
    here is an update .. i just spend the last 2 hrs on the phone with my service provider about the issue.. it pin points to .. the calling software is fried from the update... they contacted blackberry tech support for the z10 and they suggested i find an app to use to make my calls on .... hell no... i did not pay for this phone that is 5 months old .... to have to use an app on wifi when i wannna make a call .... i will be getting a different phone tomorrow ... and never looking back to blackberry , they have horrible customers service .
    07-30-13 11:22 PM
    I can't SMS anymore!! Dang not good

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:27 AM
    Can make call - no problems at all....so far all is well...
    07-31-13 01:09 AM
    Just do a debrick from Link or upgrade manually with Sachesi.

It just encountered an error during the software update which is quite rare.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:11 AM
    Anyone with a fix yet? It's been two days of no text messaging and slow Internet.

Phone is broken. As I mentioned in another thread, this is an extension of my PlayBook experience.

Peed off isn't even the word

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 07-31-13 at 10:16 AM.
    07-31-13 07:01 AM
    Do a security wipe

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 07:06 AM
    Do a security wipe

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. My boss will love that.. you must be.one of those little rich kids who don't work.

"can I take the day off work?". ,
    "what's your excuse?". ,
    "blackberry f'd up and my phone is nearly bricked".
    "Get an iphone"

No SMS, no notifications I just realized and nearly no internet!!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 07:53 AM
    Hahaha. My boss will love that.. you must be.one of those little rich kids who don't work.

"can I take the day off work?". ,
    "what's your excuse?". ,
    "blackberry f'd up and my phone is nearly bricked".
    "Get an iphone"

No SMS, no notifications I just realized and nearly no internet!!

Posted via CB10
    Ummm ookay.

It was something that was suggested when people got a similar problem when they installed leaks. Why attack me? Dunno. I was just offering a suggestion.

I do use my z10 for work even though my work provided me with another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:16 AM
    Ummm ookay.

It was something that was suggested when people got a similar problem when they installed leaks. Why attack me? Dunno. I was just offering a suggestion.

I do use my z10 for work even though my work provided me with another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, having a pissy day! My bad... I'm still getting over the playbook debacle and now this

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:46 AM
    Sorry, having a pissy day! My bad... I'm still getting over the playbook debacle and now this

Posted via CB10
    We all get our money moments.

But as others suggested, security wipe might fix the problem. I don't know how you backup your phone. The procedure I do is hooking it to my computer and just drag and drop selected files. I don't trust backup procedure from any software.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:51 AM
    We all get our money moments.

But as others suggested, security wipe might fix the problem. I don't know how you backup your phone. The procedure I do is hooking it to my computer and just drag and drop selected files. I don't trust backup procedure from any software.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm.. never tried that. What files do you drag to you computer? I won't have time to learn how to do a security wipe in the next couple of days but I can surely drag and drop.

Btw, thanks for being kind enough to continue to help..

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:00 AM
    Hmmmm.. never tried that. What files do you drag to you computer? I won't have time to learn how to do a security wipe in the next couple of days but I can surely drag and drop.

Btw, thanks for being kind enough to continue to help..

Posted via CB10

If you have link installed in your computer, just plug your phone in and make sure your wifi is off for windows vista to detect your phone. Open my computer, and you should have 2 new drives under network drives. One being the phone memory, the other being your sd card(if you have one installed). I just drag and drop my music, pictures, videos and documents that are stored in my phone. Can't save sms. I don't worry about my sd card. I can just pull it out but Security wipe only wipes the phone. You will lose apps and any progress in games. I don't care about those.

To do a security wipe. Just go to settings and then you will find the option in security and privacy settings. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

Just a suggestion. I've had my gripe with bb10 especially when the browser ****s up. But I can't pull away from bb10. I knew Playbook was going to be a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:48 AM
    Did the new update. Pretty sure my Z10 is bricked now. Nothing but blinking red lights. 1 longish and then 6 short. Nothing works. Battery pulls, took out sim card and SD card. Tried every way I could think of getting it to boot. Absolutely nothing works.
    08-01-13 02:27 PM
    08-01-13 02:35 PM
    Yep. No calls in or out since trying to upgrade. Talked to my provider and we have tried absolutely everything. I'm a huge supporter of Blackberry, but not at all happy with this. Want this phone fixed and now I'm going to have to send it in. Think I'll start doing my research on other phones and give up the Blackberry altogether. I can't be doing this when I don't have a land line.

And Troublelewis - I agree. I didn't pay for this Z10 the day it came out to use a bloody app to make phone calls. Ridiculous!
    09-02-13 11:21 PM
    I am having the same issue after updating a Z10 to 10.2 . All my applications and text messaging / emails are working but i cannot make or receive phone calls. When i press on the phone icon at bottom left of screen nothing happens. Also if selecting a number from contacts list to ring nothing happens.

Have you managed to get your Z10 working 100% again?
    10-30-13 11:29 AM
    Just an FYI, but I managed to fix my issue with the Z10 & 10.2 .

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-calls-867776/
    10-30-13 04:19 PM
    hi, i am also having the same problem. my blackberry isnt making call, not sending messages and im getting an SOS signal. i talked to my service provider and they refreshed all the settings and yet nothing. i tried restoring from a backup i did in February and still the same issues.. i pulled my battery lots of times and nothing still... afterwards i did a security wipe. when the phone rebooted, im still having the same problems... i tried different sim cards in my phone and still not able to send calls... bb and whatsapp messages only work on wifi... can someone please help me with this issue
    03-06-14 07:02 PM
    What version of BlackBerry OS are you running?

Did you buy your device brand new and direct from the network provider or BlackBerry?

You really shouldn't 'battery pull', that's akin to disconnecting your psu willy nilly on your PC.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:48 PM