Hi friends,

I need a little help...

I'm up to buy a BB Z10 and want to keep it protected right from the first day.
    That's something I have ever done with all my BBs and until now it was really easy for me.
    On all my devices with physical keyboard I just used soft silicon cases with screen protector, which gave me the best compromise between protection and "not too thick".
    But this is my first full touch device and it has the biggest footprint I have ever used and there are also a lot of cases where I could need a little help.

I found 4 and I'm not sure:

1) "Case-Mate Barely There":
    Which looks really good IMO, but I'm not sure if the protection is really good, because not all edges are covered and it's a hardshell?
    Any experiences with that?

2) "Incipio BB-1000 Feather Case":
    Also looks good, but is it enough protection?

3) "Incipio BB-1013 Dual Pro Case":
    It's a 2 layer case: Silicon and a hard shell, should have great protection - but is it too thick to handle?

4) a "normal" Silicon Skin Case from Ebay:
    Maybe makes the device looks cheep and might not tight enough?

Any experiences with one of these above?
    Any recommendations or?
    Or other cases?
    Or which ones do you use?

It would be great to get a good compromise between the "original beauty" of the Z10 and protection!

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!!!!!

Slash82
    07-30-13 10:57 AM
    The original BlackBerry z10

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:58 AM
    Seidio Active case and holster combo plus a Verizon screen protector provides the best combination of protection and size for me. Previously tried just the BlackBerry holster, which is great but provides no protection when outside of holster, and the Otterbox Defender, which interfered with using gestures on my Z10 .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by k3cub; 07-30-13 at 01:25 PM.
    07-30-13 11:00 AM
    Thank you for you superfast replies!

Got any links for me or "detailed" product names, so that I could see them on pics?
    07-30-13 11:01 AM
    Thank you for you superfast replies!

Got any links for me or "detailed" product names, so that I could see them on pics?
    Just do a search for Seidio Active Case and Holster on Amazon.com or look at the cases section in the CrackBerry store and you should find it with details without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:10 AM
    I have screen protector on front and blackberry transform on back which transforms into a stand to watch movies YouTube or music love mine.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:18 AM
    I use this same Seidio Active case/holster combo and highly recommend it. It's got dual-layer protection but isn't impossible to remove when it comes time for a fresh battery swap. I also tried the Seidio Surface series and the Otterbox. Surface wasn't enough protection for me and the Otterbox seriously interfered with the swipe functionality of my Z10. It also comes in several fun colors, which is always a plus! :-)
    07-30-13 11:24 AM
    I have the Studio Surface case and it is great. It is on sale today here on CrackBerry. It gives good protection without a lot of bulk. You can also get a holster for it. Highly recommend the Surface case.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-30-13 11:25 AM
    I've had the Incipio Ovrmld on for 5 months now. Dropped it twice and no issues. I'd recommend this one
    07-30-13 12:49 PM
    Case-Mate Tough Case (Black/Black) (CM025192) for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Hard Cases | CrackBerry Canada

this is a great case, and you get two for $35. with my screen protector already there it is perfect protection

This is almost the same as the Barely There case, but has one feature that is MUST HAVE for me... the case creates a lip above the phone so that when you place it face down the glass does not touch the surface. So if you drop your phone and it lands face down on a flat surface the chances are it will be protected.

And for $5 more you get TWO cases and MORE protection
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    07-30-13 01:02 PM
    The blackberry transform hard shell!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:11 PM
    Another vote for the Seidio Surface case. If you just want a silicone case, have you looked at the Crackberry Crunk case?
    07-30-13 01:31 PM
    Get the BlackBerry transform hard shell case. I have tried many cases and this is the best one as it does not add any width to the phone. The corners are well protected and it transforms to a sweet kickstand to watch videos. Plus, it also comes with a screen protector! My second choice would be the CrackBerry Crunk case silicone skin.
    07-30-13 01:36 PM
    I use this same Seidio Active case/holster combo and highly recommend it. It's got dual-layer protection but isn't impossible to remove when it comes time for a fresh battery swap. I also tried the Seidio Surface series and the Otterbox. Surface wasn't enough protection for me and the Otterbox seriously interfered with the swipe functionality of my Z10. It also comes in several fun colors, which is always a plus! :-)
    I also like the Seidio Active with the holster. I like that it also has covers for the ports and camera to help keep dust and dirt out. I don't use the holster all of the time but it's nice to have when I need it.

It depends on how rough you are with your phone. Not necessarily you but where & how you'll be using it.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:49 PM
    Just do a search for Seidio Active Case and Holster on Amazon.com or look at the cases section in the CrackBerry store and you should find it with details without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    Highly recommended! Here's a link: Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HK3BBZ10K-BK ACTIVE Case with Metal Kickstand and Holster for BlackBerry Z10 - Combo Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-30-13 02:59 PM
    live life on the edge, go naked.....

with the phone i mean
    07-30-13 03:01 PM
    I also highly recommend the Ghost Armor screen protector... I had it installed at a mall kiosk. Was using ZAGG, but that scratched so easily. The Ghost Armor screen protector seems impervious to everything!
    07-30-13 03:05 PM
    I'm not quite that ballsy so I use the Poetic bumper
    07-30-13 03:07 PM
    Keep in mind that those cases do not really protect the screen (nor keep the device locked).

That said, expect some pocket pictures going no Twitter (happened to me, I kid you not!).

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:08 PM
    I'd recommend the active case mentioned above (but I skipped the holster) or the case mate tough case. I have both and they are great.
    07-30-13 03:18 PM
    Check out these amazing Z10 cases. Here is the link: BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by tan_okan; 08-06-13 at 10:27 AM.
    07-30-13 03:23 PM
    love my poetic. also like that when I skin the back of the phone from Dbrand it can still be seen. super thin which is a blessing, tried 3 screen protectors so far and all were junk. ill try ghost armor next
    07-30-13 03:30 PM
    Poetic Atmosphere or Borderline case via ebay. TPU toughness and slim enough to not get in the way. Just add a screen protector which may or may not come with it and you're set. Oh yeah, the price is WAY cheaper than the big name companies.
    Attached Thumbnails Which case for the Z10? Help needed-t2ec16h-zce9s4g4we-brzlpnpv2-60_12.jpg   Which case for the Z10? Help needed-t2ec16f-zoe9s5nc2-1brt8v-vdkg-60_12.jpg  
    Last edited by MOE BEATs; 07-31-13 at 12:42 AM.
    jza2349 likes this.
    07-30-13 11:33 PM
    I recommend the seido active case... I also use the zagg invisible shield dry which covers the back and the screen...

Which case for the Z10? Help needed-20130422_101436sedio.jpg

Which case for the Z10? Help needed-20130422_101307sedioo.jpg

Posted via Z10 from Outer Space Station
    07-31-13 12:03 AM
    Try the barely there or the feather case. I'm using a 2 layer $20 case I got at my local mall so the 2 layer stuff will definitely be enough protection along with a screen saver my friend has the barely there and she says it's amazing and would recommend

Posted Via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    07-31-13 12:04 AM
39 12