New with BB10.1 MR is:
    Email synchronization: ActiveSync and IMAP email users can adjust syncing preferences to keep emails on their BlackBerry smartphone for an unlimited time period
    So how can I make the changes?
    I have looked through my email account settings & can't find where I can adjust syncing preferences.
    Can anyone tell me how to do it?

thx
    07-30-13 12:41 AM
    You will only see this option when setting up an email account. Delete your current account and set it up again to get the 'Forever ' option.
    07-30-13 01:19 AM
    You will only see this option when setting up an email account. Delete your current account and set it up again to get the 'Forever ' option.
    However you can't delete it until it's been reinitialized with a password. I have a gmail account that only synced email (no calendar and contacts). Now upon reinitializing, it is forcing me to sync all three. I don't want this, so it seems the account is in limbo, as the delete option won't show up until I enter my password and accept the syncing I don't want...
    07-30-13 02:02 AM
    However you can't delete it until it's been reinitialized with a password. I have a gmail account that only synced email (no calendar and contacts). Now upon reinitializing, it is forcing me to sync all three. I don't want this, so it seems the account is in limbo, as the delete option won't show up until I enter my password and accept the syncing I don't want...
    That is a generic Google screen. If your account is set up for email only that is all that will be synced. If you have only a calendar that is all that will be synced.

I have multiple Gmail accounts on my BlackBerry some email, some email and calendar and some calendar only. After reinitializing them, they all function properly and only sync what I have them set up for.
    kw9700 likes this.
    07-30-13 05:43 AM
    Oh so that's like it use to be then. It use to be that you could only set your sync when you set it up. I thought this had changed when they added "forever" because CB said "users can adjust syncing preferences"

So what they should say is users can now set "forever" when they set up their email.

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    07-30-13 10:40 AM
    I deleted one of my Gmail accounts & set it up again. I think we are all confusing what the email setting does. I don't think it's to keep email on the phone. I think it's just for how far back you want it to retrieve emails from when you initially set it up. I took a screen cap. Look at the wording.

Editing BB101 MR email sync preferences-img_00000176.png

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:52 AM
    If this is the case (& I think it is) it kinda sucks. I want my email for more then the past year, but I don't need it for the past decade. I have had this Gmail account since B4 Gmail was made public (was in the closed Beta) That's going to be a lot of emails being DL'd onto my phone.

I wonder what this will do to my Hub's startup time. I'm going to try resetting my hub once my phone is done DL'n my emails. It's been going on for a while & it's still only in March 2012. Just 20,000+ more emails to go....

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:11 AM
    OK well it's finally done. The account now has all my emails since January 1st 2000. It doesn't seem to have slowed down my Hub from starting, though a number of emails take a while to load. It seems that it only has the headers. I don't know if it's still grabbing email contents or if it will leave them with just the headers until needed.

To grab all the emails took hours & was quite hard on my battery. I also noticed the phone got a bit warm.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:05 PM