I guess the thread title says it all. When I have my headset connected, all notifications (sms, bbm. Emails) can only be heard thru my headset!!!!!!! so if im not wearing the headset I cant hear a notification as long as it is connected!!

HELP!!!
    07-29-13 08:41 AM
    I guess the thread title says it all. When I have my headset connected, all notifications (sms, bbm. Emails) can only be heard thru my headset!!!!!!! so if im not wearing the headset I cant hear a notification as long as it is connected!!

HELP!!!
    This is just one of those things. If it was the other way around, I'd start a thread saying that the phone makes too loud an audible sound when headset is connected.

In this case, the decision (if there was one) where to play audio is based on what's connected. Simple.

I know it'd be a pain to unplug the headset every time to put on and take off the headset, but you do have the indicator light. So it's not a complete loss.
    07-29-13 09:01 AM
    Thanks for the feedback Sajan.

It still doesn't make sense!! Isint there a way to hear the notifications when the headset is plugged in?! This must be the only phone in the world that does this if there is no solution for it....

I need some real help here guys....how can I get around this?
    07-29-13 02:29 PM
    Thanks for the feedback Sajan.

It still doesn't make sense!! Isint there a way to hear the notifications when the headset is plugged in?! This must be the only phone in the world that does this if there is no solution for it....

I need some real help here guys....how can I get around this?
    I understand you don't want it / like it the way it currently is, but how doesn't it make sense?[R]

If you have headphones plugged in, the natural thought is that the user has the headphones on, so the notifications should be played through the headphones, and not through the regular phones speaker... which you wouldn't hear with your head phones plugged in.

I'm sure an option will come out in the future to toggle this if its a big enough issue, but the vast majority of users i'd imagine if headphones are plugged in, they're also in ear.
    07-29-13 02:55 PM
    I understand you don't want it / like it the way it currently is, but how doesn't it make sense?[R]

If you have headphones plugged in, the natural thought is that the user has the headphones on, so the notifications should be played through the headphones, and not through the regular phones speaker... which you wouldn't hear with your head phones plugged in.

I'm sure an option will come out in the future to toggle this if its a big enough issue, but the vast majority of users i'd imagine if headphones are plugged in, they're also in ear.

Not really bro.....I'm sure there are very dew out there who keep on disconnecting their headsets and connecting them once they recieve a call! it just doesn't make sense really....there is no other phone I have used for the last 15 years and more (and I toggle from phone to phone quite often) that hides notifications once u connect the headset...I'm having a real problem with this and can't comprehend that this is the case as a norm in the Q10...

If anyone has a way around this you'll make my day...if there's no way around this then I REALLY hope that RIM addresses this in their future updates
    07-29-13 03:09 PM
    Not really bro.....I'm sure there are very dew out there who keep on disconnecting their headsets and connecting them once they recieve a call! it just doesn't make sense really....there is no other phone I have used for the last 15 years and more (and I toggle from phone to phone quite often) that hides notifications once u connect the headset...I'm having a real problem with this and can't comprehend that this is the case as a norm in the Q10...

If anyone has a way around this you'll make my day...if there's no way around this then I REALLY hope that RIM addresses this in their future updates
    most who use headphones would just pick up the call and talk into the mic on the headphone.
    08-08-13 01:31 PM
    Easy solution is to pull out the headphones out of the phone when you're not using it...if my headphones are plugged in I only wanna hear the sound thru the headphones and vice versa plus we have the flashing led and different colors for different notifications!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:02 PM
    Easy solution is to pull out the headphones out of the phone when you're not using it...if my headphones are plugged in I only wanna hear the sound thru the headphones and vice versa plus we have the flashing led and different colors for different notifications!!!

Posted via CB10
    Interesting post! My issue is that when I have my bluetooth sterio headset on in the gym or anywhere else, there is NO notication at all when a call or message/email comes in. I have to constantly look at it to see what I missed. My Bluetooth headset is the same (Plantronics 903) and on my 9810 torch it worked perfectly but on my Q10 the sound is awesome but there are zero notifications. Very weird (and trust me, I've tried all the different settings), that it won't work.
    08-08-13 08:22 PM
    Interesting post! My issue is that when I have my bluetooth sterio headset on in the gym or anywhere else, there is NO notication at all when a call or message/email comes in. I have to constantly look at it to see what I missed. My Bluetooth headset is the same (Plantronics 903) and on my 9810 torch it worked perfectly but on my Q10 the sound is awesome but there are zero notifications. Very weird (and trust me, I've tried all the different settings), that it won't work.
    That's so strange I get notifications with my headset on must be something in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:26 PM
    Just to clarify, when the headset is plugged in, phone calls do ring on the phone, but all other audible notifications are only heard in the headset.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:32 PM
    Just to clarify, when the headset is plugged in, phone calls do ring on the phone, but all other audible notifications are only heard in the headset.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's true my phone rings through the speakers with headset plugged in

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:45 PM
    Come on, this is so far from optimal that it almost pisses me off how people dismiss the issue. Who wants to plug the headset in and out all the time? Never mind the wear and tear on the jack and plug, since when do people plug the headset in to take a phone call and then pull them back out to be able to hear notifications? That's just simply ********! I talk on the phone alot and I'm almost always out moving about or in front of my desk. When a call comes in, 9 out of 10 times I'm gonna wanna talk through the headset so that I can carry on with what I'm doing. You mean to say I need to choose between (1) plugging the headset in and out or (2) miss the audio notifications and keep looking at my phone every 2 seconds like a witness running from the mob or (3) cut my self off from my surroundings by always having the headset connected and in my ears???
    ******** if you ask me....

We're all here because we love/like blackberry, but why defend a so obviously ******** feature and dismiss a person who asks/complains about it? I've been a BB user for over 7 years, going through atleast one-two new models per year and it has NEVER worked like this before! And it has never worked like this on any other brand of phone before, and currently doesn't work like this on any other brand!

It's one thing to innovate, but don't try to fix something that aint broke, this is just ********!
    Cherry El Beblawy likes this.
    08-10-13 06:01 AM
    you said exactly what I wanted to say! this is utterly useless! how can bb update the freaking software and resolve this mess?
    10-26-13 03:10 PM
    I Must say its quite a relief to see someone with some brains left!!! this BB community has been BLINDED by the Q10 in a manner that does not let them see the obvious and acknowledge that there are some stupid silly issues with the phone. This phone has made the BB community into an apple community, blind loyalty despite the crappy service and silly downfalls. im a blackberry lover as much as you guys are but hey, the Q10 is missing some very very basic features like this STUPPIIIIDDD headset thing!!!!!!
    10-27-13 02:17 AM
    What do you expect it to play through??? Obviously through the headset since you have them connected duh.
    ?
    10-27-13 03:11 AM
    What do you expect it to play through??? Obviously through the headset since you have them connected duh.
    ?
    My point exactly. You've become like Apple fans! Duh you say?! Mate, wake up. This is crazily unheard of. EVER. Like I said, I would live and die for a blackberry. But that will not stop me from pointing out the stupiddd about the Q10 until RIM sort this shiitt out. Word of advice: don't be blindly loyal, be constructively loyal.
    10-27-13 03:29 AM
    ?
    My point exactly. You've become like Apple fans! Duh you say?! Mate, wake up. This is crazily unheard of. EVER. Like I said, I would live and die for a blackberry. But that will not stop me from pointing out the stupiddd about the Q10 until RIM sort this shiitt out. Word of advice: don't be blindly loyal, be constructively loyal.
    10-27-13 03:29 AM
    What's the problem ? It's plays audio though what ever option that is selected. You want audio just on the phone don't connect a headset. If your busy and require your hands to be free you connect a headset. Wired... and if you need something louder your pair it to via bluetooth headset \ speaker or car entertainment system.
    10-27-13 03:50 AM
    Umm ok simple idea and I didn't see anyone mention it, so what about just turning vibrate on?

I wouldn't really expect my phone to make sound come from anywhere besides the headphones, if I had a set plugged in. Or any audio jack for that matter. I would expect the sound to come out of whatever speaker the audio jack is connected to. But that's me

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-27-13 04:07 AM
    You people that keep posting that it is so obvious to only hear the sound through the headset, where were you the last 15 years when ALL blackberry phones worked the exact opposite of what you are acting like is normal now?

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved? I can't believe whoever built the new phones didn't seem fit to copy all of the old features before revamping.
    02-14-14 02:48 PM
    help when I plug my head phones into my speaker on my bbz10 it plays on my phones speaker and not the headphones it just completey ignores my headphones HELp
    05-31-14 11:05 PM