I don't know if there is a perfect solution, but here's my list of priorities:

1. Have my email address show up as [email protected] with no mention of gmail, hotmail, etc.
    2. Ability to view old emails! I thought the new update would allow me to keep at least 90 days of gmail, but as soon as I set it up, it knocked me back to 30 days.
    3. Full sync of calendar and contacts

Currently I have Gmail, but only item 3 works flawlessly. For some reason, my email address shows up as [email protected], and I can view only 30 days of emails. So I'm looking to switch, but can any of the services give me all 3 requirements? Thanks for the help.
    07-27-13 03:04 PM
    For me outlook, but others will disagree.

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-13 03:10 PM
    You can only set it to 90 days when adding the account. If you really want that, remove your Gmail account from the device and set it up again. When you see Advanced at the bottom of the screen (may have to hide the keyboard for this) hit it. At the bottom of the Advanced settings screen, you'll have the option to set it to 90 (or forever).
    07-27-13 03:13 PM
    So far at work I've been unable to get any BB10 device to allow access to ALL my mail in ALL my folders. This has been extensively tested with Yahoo, Live, and Gmail. We've wiped devices and started fresh, checked, rechecked, and triple-checked every setting under the sun, done Google searches, etc., and....nada. At this point, there is no apparent way to get a BB10 device to sync (give access to) all of your mail in all your folders. However, this works just fine on Android, WP, and iPhone. It was quite a blow to me when I discovered this. Here's hoping that BlackBerry will remedy the situation before the end of the year. As it stands, our sales of BB10 devices are already bottoming out since the initial rush. This doesn't help.
    07-27-13 08:04 PM
    Google Apps for business is where it's at. Set it up with your domain and setup the email as if it was using active sync on an exchange server. PM me if you want more information.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-27-13 08:07 PM
    Use Hotmail.com (now Outlook.com). It uses EAS so can sync what you want for however long you want.

Posted via CB10
    robkd and ALToronto like this.
    07-27-13 10:08 PM
    Outlook.com is the way to go.
    07-27-13 10:18 PM
    Agree. Outlook.com is the best. You can sync "forever" and every folder.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-28-13 12:10 AM
    So far at work I've been unable to get any BB10 device to allow access to ALL my mail in ALL my folders. This has been extensively tested with Yahoo, Live, and Gmail. We've wiped devices and started fresh, checked, rechecked, and triple-checked every setting under the sun, done Google searches, etc., and....nada. At this point, there is no apparent way to get a BB10 device to sync (give access to) all of your mail in all your folders. However, this works just fine on Android, WP, and iPhone. It was quite a blow to me when I discovered this. Here's hoping that BlackBerry will remedy the situation before the end of the year. As it stands, our sales of BB10 devices are already bottoming out since the initial rush. This doesn't help.
    I had zero issue accessing all folders set up with my Outlook.com account.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 01:11 AM
    Outlook.com is the way to go if you only use one email address. If you need a catch-all so you don't have to make an account for every alias, you'll need to stick with gmail.
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-28-13 01:23 AM
    I vote for Outlook. Works perfectly for me on Z10.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-28-13 01:36 AM
    I had zero issue accessing all folders set up with my Outlook.com account.

Posted via CB10

Are you also able to access all the mail in those folders? (Specifically, mail older than 90 days.) that's where I hit a wall, even with a Live.com address. Otherwise, everything else was fine.
    07-28-13 07:02 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Has anyone actually tried switching ALL their email from Gmail to Outlook? I have about 2000 messages in my inbox, and probably twice or three times that many in various folders. What are the chances that everything will get transferred without a hitch?

And once you've switched, do you still keep Gmail? Is there a good reason to keep a duplicate mail service?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ALToronto; 07-28-13 at 08:41 AM.
    07-28-13 08:31 AM
    Google Apps for business is where it's at. Set it up with your domain and setup the email as if it was using active sync on an exchange server. PM me if you want more information.

Posted via CB10
    I think I just found a glitch in CB10 - I can't PM from the app.

So Google for Business does sync forever? Is this why their free service is so half-assed? I've been considering upgrading, but there is still the problem of my email address showing up as @gmail.com rather than as @mydomainname.ca. This is a problem only on my phone, desktop Gmail shows the correct address. Does the premium service fix that too?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:41 AM
    Outlook is awesome and works great for me. Just love it. and plays nice with my Blackberry.
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-28-13 10:04 AM
    I think I just found a glitch in CB10 - I can't PM from the app.

So Google for Business does sync forever? Is this why their free service is so half-assed? I've been considering upgrading, but there is still the problem of my email address showing up as @gmail.com rather than as @mydomainname.ca. This is a problem only on my phone, desktop Gmail shows the correct address. Does the premium service fix that too?

Posted via CB10
    Two thoughts:

A. Every major smartphone platform EXCEPT BlackBerry will allow you to access all of your email in all of your folders. It doesn't matter whether you use Google (free or paid - I've used both), Yahoo, Outlook.com, et al. As far as I'm aware, without an enterprise setup (BES), BlackBerry just won't give you the access you are looking for right now.

B. Have you searched Google's Help/Support files? I've usually found them to be excellent, and I don't recall having issues with a personal domain with Gmail on my phones. Otherwise, I suggest seeing whether a friend with an alternate smartphone platform will allow you to setup that account on their phone for testing purposes. That should give you the definitive answer. If it also doesn't work on their phone, you have a Google settings issue, not a phone issue.

Best of luck!
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-28-13 10:30 AM
    Are you also able to access all the mail in those folders? (Specifically, mail older than 90 days.) that's where I hit a wall, even with a Live.com address. Otherwise, everything else was fine.
    Yep, just a quick browse of one of them to confirm and I have all email as far back as I have saved online showing up in my folders on my device.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-28-13 10:45 AM
    Although I haven't tried it, I can select any or all of my Hotmail folders to sync. As far as I know, EAS gives you much of the same functionality as BES.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-28-13 11:26 AM
    Well, I made the jump to Outlook (or Hotmail, I guess it's the same thing now - doesn't matter, I'm using my own domain). Going by the online help files, it should have been easy and painless to port all my old Gmail emails over to Outlook using a 3rd party service called TruSwitch. However, TruSwitch is no longer providing this service. Does anyone know how to transfer entire folders over to Outlook?

I tried posting this question on the Microsoft community discussion board, and for some reason, it wouldn't let me post. I'm getting a funny feeling about this entire exercise - I hope the pain is temporary and in the end, worth it.
    07-28-13 08:48 PM
    to import your old emails: http://www.labnol.org/internet/impor...outlook/24518/

haven't tried it myself, but it looks like it'd work.
    07-28-13 09:10 PM
    Can't "see" what your're seeing, but on my Z10 I do see the following. If I choose settings, then accounts, then pick Yahoo, if I scroll to the very bottom of the screeen there is an option for "Edit Folder Settings". This picked up all my Yahoo folders, as well as AOL (don't use Gmail). The Z10 then gives the option to turn folder sync on/off for these folders, then there is a check box by each of the "subfolders" as to whether I want to include them routinely in sync.

Can you report if you are seeing this, and if so, if it is just a matter of the folders not appearing or sync'ing, or do you not have the "Edit Folders Settings" option.

As others have noted, if you want to go back 90 days you have to specify when first creating the account. This is pretty easy to do by deleting the account, then re-adding it (but you do have to hide the keyboard on the Z10 and scroll to the bottom of the screen to see this option. Annoying, but it works.

I don't have a BES 10 setup, though hope to in the future. I do have an account with microsoft [email protected], but am not using it yet: I don't believe this impacts my Yahoo or AOL account.
    07-28-13 09:22 PM
    The beauty of Hotmail\Outlook is that it uses EAS so you can sync everything--no time restriction. Although, I thought I read somewhere on here that IMAP will sync forever in a future update.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:48 PM
    For me outlook, but others will disagree.

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. Outlook will work best for what you need.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:53 PM
    The beauty of Hotmail\Outlook is that it uses EAS so you can sync everything--no time restriction. Although, I thought I read somewhere on here that IMAP will sync forever in a future update.

Posted via CB10
    Ah hah! This is the info I was wondering about. So, apparently, BB currently won't sync IMAP forever. That makes sense for what we've experienced. And what a ridiculous oversight by BlackBerry! It would be different if they weren't claiming to be working on making a phone more computer-like....http://m.thespec.com/news-story/2232...ptop-rim-boss/
    Or, if every other platform on the market wasn't already doing so.
    07-28-13 11:07 PM
    Well it's coming, it's coming. In some future update. Coming out sometime. ~

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:19 PM