Now, that VZW has let 10.1 out of the dungeon, I'm chomping at the bit to install. Like many, however, I'm unable to backup my App Data with Link, apparently due to some 3rd party apps (what a pain this whole ordeal is). So, can someone tell me exactly what I'm going to lose?

Many thanx.
    07-27-13 10:22 AM
    Now, that VZW has let 10.1 out of the dungeon, I'm chomping at the bit to install. Like many, however, I'm unable to backup my App Data with Link, apparently due to some 3rd party apps (what a pain this whole ordeal is). So, can someone tell me exactly what I'm going to lose?

Many thanx.
    Hi!! Welcome to CB!
    VZW's update is an OTA so you will lose nothing by installing it over what you already have.
    07-27-13 11:53 AM
    If I'm understanding you correctly you are going to be pressing the update button and updating to the latest official build over the air? If so you shouldn't loose anything. A backup is not required when doing an OTA software upgrade, or even really recommended for that matter. I haven't heard of even once instance of anything loosing data during an OTA upgrade.

What you are describing comes into play when people laod leaks, as they have to run an autoloader to load the new OS via USB which wipes the device. If it isn't backed up then they don't get their info back.

To answer your question though, the app data setting contains the files from all your app.. any login information, any settings you would have changed in the app menu's, any level's or srores you've reached in games.. that kind of stuff!!!

EDIT: Thanks for beating me to the punch while I typed out my long and thoughtful response Jaydee! :P
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-27-13 11:55 AM
    Great! Thanx to all respondents!!

(Grrrr. Yesterday I checked and saw that the update was available. Now, I click "Install", and phone says I have the latest software. WTF?!?!)
    Last edited by alphecca; 07-27-13 at 12:25 PM.
    07-27-13 12:13 PM
    Great! Thanx to all respondents!!

(Grrrr. Yesterday I checked and saw that the update was available. Now, I click "Install", and phone says I have the latest software. WTF?!?!)
    A few other users reported that as well, strange. I'm sure it will come back around, but you can try restarting the phone or connecting the device to link to see if it finds the update there.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:32 PM