I�ve just received my Q10, I moved from a Blackberry 9900, its very smooth OS and a very premium looking device. However I�ve got to admit there are a few aspects of the device that I am disappointed in.
    � In my emails and in my browser there is no word wrap, which I rely on heavily. I know a lot of you try and defend bb10 by stating there is the �reader� function, however when it comes to the sites I visit the most including forums, the reader merely shows the first post and of course there is no reader function for my emails. ( I used to make fun of my colleagues that constantly had to scroll left to right on their s4�s and Iphones and now Im in the same camp!)
    � The fact that Twitter is missing the multi account feature, again, something that featured on my bb 9900 which is again something need for work purposes.
    � Facebook missing the chat feature, a know a lot of you say well everything is featured in the hub, however the basis of the facebook chat function is not only to IM individuals but to see who exactly is online, hence an instant response, something again featured on my previous bb 9900. (are you starting to see a pattern?)
    � The facebook app does not feature access to �pages� which is needed for my work something featured on my bb 9900 or even a share button which is a feature found on bb�s competition iphone, s4 etc.
    � The app catalog is worse than bb 9900, ie. No shazam or google maps ( although bb maps on q10 is an excellent replacement)

I�m sure most of the features on the app side can be resolved, however im sure with no word from bb on the word wrap feature, the one feature I heavily relied on, is most likely not coming back which is something I wish reviewers would have commented on. In all honesty this phone seems more of a downgrade than an upgrade.
    07-26-13 11:08 PM
    I'm with you Jameal_c

I've seen the same thing with this new Blackberry - all the great functions which made it a great work horse and social communicator have gone. These may sound minor, but for me were incredibly helpful functions - For heavens sake - the alarm doesn't work if you switch it off overnight in a vain attempt to preserve the ridiculously low battery life! And what useful phone takes about 4 minutes to switch on to a functional level?!
    These are just 2 of many many functions which have been lost. I'm too annoyed to list them all.
    My love affair is well and truly over and I will tell all who care to listen to avoid this Blackberry like the plague. They deserve to fade off into the sunset. In the process of trying to be a smart phone they've become stupid.
    LudwigvonKast and yyzberry like this.
    07-27-13 12:29 AM
    BB10 is not as cohesive as iOS, its like the departments dont communicate with each other...
    if only I could get a management position in the company, I could perhaps do something than letting engineers run the business
    07-27-13 12:31 AM
    BB10 is not as cohesive as iOS, its like the departments dont communicate with each other...
    if only I could get a management position in the company, I could perhaps do something than letting engineers run the business
    I often wonder about that myself... What would it really take to whip everyone into shape? I can't pretend to know what it looks like behind their closed doors, but given their track record I'd have to imagine things could improve
    07-27-13 12:38 AM
    Wow....where to start with this thread...

1) "Q10 is a downgrade from BB 9900": Let's compare the specs:
    -640 x 480 pixels screen
    -286 PPI
    -Single core 1200mhz processor
    -768 RAM
    -8GB Internal storage
    -5megapixel camera with no auto focus

now lets compare the Q10:
    -720 x 720 pixel screen
    -328 PPi
    -Super AMOLED screen
    -Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHZ DUAL CORE processor
    -2GB of Ram
    -16GB internal storage
    -8 MP camera, 2 MP front facing camera

Is there really any reason ton continue the comparisons....

2) "Twitter is missing multi account support"
    This is just wrong. Both the official Twitter for BB10 app and 3rd party apps like Blaq support multi account support.

3) No Shazam app for BB10: Yes there is no Shazam app for BB10 but lets compare Shazam for the 9900 to SoundHound for BB10. Shazam stop supporting their BB app a long time ago. it doesn't have nearly half of the features that SoundHound for BB10 has.

4) App support is better for the 9900 on BBOS than the Q10 with BB10?
    Really, have you actually looked at BlackBerry World? The app support for BB10 is MUCH better for BB10 than BBOS. So many apps that would have never came to BBOS due to OS limitations are now supporting BB10. The BB10 ecosystem will continue to grow and already has more than 120K apps.

I understand that everyone has a different perspective, but a lot of your reasoning for being disappointed with the Q10 isn't even close to accurate.
    07-27-13 12:53 AM
    I bet text wrapping will come. That's little comfort now though. If that's your deal breaker then maybe go back to the 9900?

Twitter now has multiple accounts. It was patched recently.

I use the Web mobile facebook, which works really well in the browser for me.

Why turn the phone off at night? Plug it in and set it to bedside mode. The boot time is significantly shortet than the old devices. You can shut off the cell service too, which will save loads of battery if you can't plug it in.

The OS is continually being upgraded and if you youtube 10.2 you will see that lots of features are being added on short timescales. Everyone has their favourite feature that hasn't made it in yet and RIM can only address so many at once. This phone has been far more useful for me than my old 9900. But to each their own.

Posted on my Q10
    yellowhammer likes this.
    07-27-13 12:54 AM
    @BlackBerry4LifeVince. You didn't address my first point, instead you went off on a tangent defending blackberry defiantly like you own a part of the Blackberry' company. I'm sorry but 'fanboys' annoy me, iv just spend a good month fending off attacks from ios and galaxy s4 fanboys defending my choice of adopting the BlackBerry 9900 and now Q10. Every company has their downfalls that's why we have OS updates to build on mistakes, however what nobody in their right mind does is justify downgrades. In my post I wrote that in terms of apps I'm sure these will be corrected however in terms of word wrap, blackberry I'm sure announced the 'reader' as the replacement which hardly works on forums I go on where only the first post is shown and it most defiantly does not work on emails for which my work is very email heavy and hence to not have word wrap feature in emails is very detrimental to many including myself
    yyzberry, thedose and Legal Eagle like this.
    07-27-13 07:16 AM
    I just found out I can't email the notes I make in remember, I make a ton of notes on my blackberry through out the day and email them when needed, am I doing something wrong? Again this is a feature that was evident on my BlackBerry 9900
    yyzberry likes this.
    07-27-13 07:55 AM
    @BlackBerry4LifeVince. You didn't address my first point, instead you went off on a tangent defending blackberry defiantly like you own a part of the Blackberry' company. I'm sorry but 'fanboys' annoy me, iv just spend a good month fending off attacks from ios and galaxy s4 fanboys defending my choice of adopting the BlackBerry 9900 and now Q10. Every company has their downfalls that's why we have OS updates to build on mistakes, however what nobody in their right mind does is justify downgrades. In my post I wrote that in terms of apps I'm sure these will be corrected however in terms of word wrap, blackberry I'm sure announced the 'reader' as the replacement which hardly works on forums I go on where only the first post is shown and it most defiantly does not work on emails for which my work is very email heavy and hence to not have word wrap feature in emails is very detrimental to many including myself
    The main point you made was that the 9900 (a phone with less specs in EVERY category) was a downgrade when compared to the Q10. You can't even logically argue this point. A phone can not be an upgrade over another phone with less memory, less internal storage, and a worse camera and OS. The facts don't make me a fan boy. If this thread was titled properly about issues with email or word wrap that be fine. But you're the genuis, who made the bold statement that the 9900 was a downgrade over the Q10.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    yellowhammer and PJD642 like this.
    07-27-13 09:52 AM
    I just found out I can't email the notes I make in remember, I make a ton of notes on my blackberry through out the day and email them when needed, am I doing something wrong? Again this is a feature that was evident on my BlackBerry 9900
    With a note open in Remember: Select all --> Share --> choose email account

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 likes this.
    07-27-13 09:59 AM
    The main point you made was that the 9900 (a phone with less specs in EVERY category) was a downgrade when compared to the Q10. You can't even logically argue this point. A phone can not be an upgrade over another phone with less memory, less internal storage, and a worse camera and OS. The facts don't make me a fan boy. If this thread was titled properly about issues with email or word wrap that be fine. But you're the genuis, who made the bold statement that the 9900 was a downgrade over the Q10.

I'm curious how is it a downgrade! I'm miffed!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:01 AM
    For heavens sake - the alarm doesn't work if you switch it off overnight
    Those old BB's won't even turn off properly, they just hibernate. You have to yank the battery to actually turn it off - ridiculous. When you turn off a Q10 it powers down completely, no battery pull needed. That's why it has to be on for alarms to work.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:13 AM

if you actually read what he wrote you'd understand he meant a downgrade in productivity not hardware specs..
    07-27-13 10:14 AM
    Dear Jameal,

I'm really happy I came across this post. You are 100 % right about the lack of word wrap for emails being unacceptable. I had no idea
    that that was the case. I was seriously considering giving the Blackberry another chance with a Q10 purchase but now I'm having 2nd thoughts.

If it's any consolation I did find a workaround here.

BlackBerry 10 Word Wrap - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Scroll down for a link to the script on Github.
    07-27-13 10:21 AM
    I agree with OP.

And specs have nothing to do with it, its ease of use functions that are now all gone. Yes the OS is fantastic, but what BB os was known to do very well isn't there. Good hardware and a new os is great - but i do feel that majority of us felt the mass difference during the switch and it wasnt for the better.

I'll say this, the new os7 device that is to be released with bb10 type features will be very popular.
    yyzberry likes this.
    07-27-13 10:25 AM
    @rayzian thank you I couldn't have said it better myself, of course I didn't mean in terms of hardware as that would be ridiculous, I'm sure majority of the people who read this thread understood my meaning, it's basic English, if I had meant hardware I would have listed hardware being a disappointment.

@yellow hammer I tried that but it only copied and pasted first few paragraphs (my notes are extremely long) what I did do in the end is copied it into an email that I composed and then sent it. Again, with my BlackBerry 9900 I would with a click of a few buttons, send from my memo app, which comes built in.
    07-27-13 10:26 AM
    @rayzian thank you I couldn't have said it better myself, of course I didn't mean in terms of hardware as that would be ridiculous, I'm sure majority of the people who read this thread understood my meaning, it's basic English, if I had meant hardware I would have listed hardware being a disappointment.

@yellow hammer I tried that but it only copied and pasted first few paragraphs (my notes are extremely long) what I did do in the end is copied it into an email that I composed and then sent it. Again, with my BlackBerry 9900 I would with a click of a few buttons, send from my memo app, which comes built in.
    So do you enjoy talking to yourself? I enjoy my Q10 and am very happy with it.
    07-27-13 11:24 AM
    I would argue that iOS wasn't that great until 4.0. Android didn't come into its own until Jelly Bean. For a first gen. BB10 is pretty impressive. It is far from perfect so I can understand peoples frustration. Why customers who were patient with older BB operating systems or other 1st gen. OS choose not to be when it comes to BB10 I just don't understand. I guess expectations were just too high. BB waited to long to innovate, so for that, they are to blame. But when they did finally make the jump they made up a lot of ground with BB10. BB7? _ No thanks!
    07-27-13 11:53 AM
    @zeteo suddenly criticism of Blackberry isn't allowed? Please don't be like the android and ios fanboys out there, every OS has its problems and if I detested my Q10 I would have given it back by now. I pointed out some features missing that were present on my BlackBerry 9900 and word wrap is a feature that BlackBerry seem to only have and it was a feature I heavily relied upon. I understand there is need for patience as it is a new OS however, I, like others do expect features present in the old OS to be in the new one.
    yyzberry, FF22 and zeteo like this.
    07-27-13 02:56 PM
    Guys, there used to be a feature on the BlackBerry 9900 where by holding down the volume down rocker you could go to the previous track, and holding down the volume up rocker you could skip the track forward, without unlocking the screen. Is this a feature missing from the BlackBerry Q10 or am I doing something wrong?
    07-28-13 10:54 AM
    There are definitely some shortcuts that are missing from the Q10; however, there is absolutely no way someone could validate the opinion that it is a downgrade fro the 9900... I'm hoping these things will be fixed in 10.2, although BB10 should have come to market with them.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:36 AM
    The 9900/9930 was truly the high watermark for BlackBerry in terms of device design and capabilities IMHO. The BB10 operating system is nowhere near as mature as BB7, but it's still a work in progress. The build quality of the Q10 is the best I've ever seen from Waterloo, and the Q10's screen is awesome. It's significantly larger than the 9900's screen and makes things like maps/nav much easier to use. What's tough to get used to is no more BIS, and the resultant loss of some features. But I trust updates will bring many of those features back. At least that's what I hope.
    07-28-13 12:32 PM
    Guys I found it, go into settings then main volume for music shortcuts I do agree that BlackBerry 10 is a work in progress but I do wish it would have the features of bb7 ie. word wrap in emails and the net. That was a feature I used a lot and the reader mode defiantly isn't good enough!
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    07-28-13 04:00 PM
    Bold 9900 is very good. For text wrap in browser, I just use Opera Mini and set the font to Large. It's very readable. Then, for html emails, it just wraps the words automatically.
    07-28-13 09:37 PM

4) App support is better for the 9900 on BBOS than the Q10 with BB10?
    Really, have you actually looked at BlackBerry World? The app support for BB10 is MUCH better for BB10 than BBOS. So many apps that would have never came to BBOS due to OS limitations are now supporting BB10. The BB10 ecosystem will continue to grow and already has more than 120K apps.
    I would kill for a decent call blocker/manager of which there were plenty for bb5,6,7 yet with the exception of a 1.5 star offering there is nothing for BB10.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    07-28-13 09:44 PM
35 12