Has anyone noticed that the back of the 3 new Droid phones coming out look very similar to the glass weave backing of the Q10? Perhaps a competitor does like something about the BB! Kind of neat they are made of Kevlar. A must have for James Bond.

When It Matters, Droid Does
    07-25-13 01:00 PM
    unfortunately Motorola did it first with the original Droid Razr. So perhaps Blackberry likes something about Motorola.
    07-25-13 01:27 PM
    ^^well i think the bold 9900/9930 back had a carbon fiber weave look to it as well. and that one came out before the droid razr.

but yeah, doesnt really matter
    07-25-13 01:35 PM
    ^^well i think the bold 9900/9930 back had a carbon fiber weave look to it as well. and that one came out before the droid razr.

but yeah, doesnt really matter
    The difference is the Motorola phones actually use Kevlar. I am not sure what the back of the Q10 is, it might be e-glass. But it is not just a pattern.
    07-25-13 01:49 PM
    i think a few previous droids have feature this actually
    07-25-13 01:50 PM
    LG CF750 Secret. December 2008.

Blackberry is a thief .
    07-25-13 02:14 PM
    Ok lol. I thought it was original to Blackberry since everybody made a big deal about the "glass weave" and how BB spent a lot of time engineering it. Hadn't seen that specific similarity in pattern before.
    07-25-13 02:22 PM
    I gotta hand it to Motorola, Droid Maxx looks like a beast of a device.
    07-25-13 02:27 PM
    Ok lol. I thought it was original to Blackberry since everybody made a big deal about the "glass weave" and how BB spent a lot of time engineering it. Hadn't seen that specific similarity in pattern before.
    Didn't bother checking before trying to get a 'one-up' for Blackberry?
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    07-25-13 02:42 PM
    Well had Droid razr and droid razr maxx the 4g only works for us not europe and the phones are never upgraded. So your stuck with 4.2.2 unless you crack your device. So actually BlackBerry is way easier better support So to sum up Motorola never again.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-25-13 02:42 PM
    Well had Droid razr and droid razr maxx the 4g only works for us not europe and the phones are never upgraded. So your stuck with 4.2.2 unless you crack your device. So actually BlackBerry is way easier better support So to sum up Motorola never again.
    C'mon...
    07-25-13 02:56 PM
    Didn't bother checking before trying to get a 'one-up' for Blackberry?
    So I was supposed to look up all the old phones and find out what their backing was?

I will admit the new Droids do look pretty sharp.
    07-25-13 03:01 PM
    So I was supposed to look up all the old phones and find out what their backing was?
    Yes. Yes you were.
    07-25-13 03:10 PM
    It is original. It's a new material, it's glass weave. The Kevlar backing to the Motorola phones is Kevlar, a completely different material. The thing is, they look kinda similar. That's it.
    FCSC and SDTRMG like this.
    07-25-13 03:39 PM
    C'mon...
    Did you even bother to read my 5 line post or did you just quote a sentence you didn't like?
    07-25-13 03:43 PM
    It is original. It's a new material, it's glass weave. The Kevlar backing to the Motorola phones is Kevlar, a completely different material. The thing is, they look kinda similar. That's it.
    As I stated above, I realize that the materials were different. Perhaps I didn't specify and focus on the pattern.

For some reason, this has turned into an unfriendly thread. I just saw it and thought it was interesting that the Kevlar and glass weave looked similar. I have never had an Android phone, so I never realized that older models had something similar.
    07-25-13 03:49 PM
    Did you even bother to read my 5 line post or did you just quote a sentence you didn't like?
    Quoted the one I found the strangest. No sweat, really. It's just that BBRY reputation for support is under the gun a bit of recent.
    07-25-13 04:03 PM
    Motorola was a bit of a standout OEM when it came to pushing the hardware envelope for the Droid RAZRs.. They were the first to introduce phones with circuitry protected from water (as far as I'm aware), similar to what Sony is getting praise for now. The use of Kevlar for the back is also pretty clever just in terms of the marketing, although I'm not sure about the actual practicality of it, unless you plan on using it to block bullets. They've also tried to include in their phones some of the biggest batteries in the industry.
    07-25-13 04:20 PM
    Motorola was a bit of a standout OEM when it came to pushing the hardware envelope for the Droid RAZRs.. They were the first to introduce phones with circuitry protected from water (as far as I'm aware), similar to what Sony is getting praise for now. The use of Kevlar for the back is also pretty clever just in terms of the marketing, although I'm not sure about the actual practicality of it, unless you plan on using it to block bullets. They've also tried to include in their phones some of the biggest batteries in the industry.
    I mostly agree. Great for the firing range and probably folks who enjoy skipping their phones across half-frozen lakes.

The battery tech they're including does intrigue me somewhat though.
    07-25-13 04:29 PM
    Forget the case 48 hour battery life. Why in hell can't BlackBerry get at least half that. New razor max is a beast. In materials and battery and extremely efficient even running on stupid android
    It's a business phone which I like a lot. My fiancee has the current razor max hd. It's going to be a top seller no doubt.

Champ
    07-25-13 04:43 PM
    But yeah case and nanotechnology coating and gorilla glass is awesome

Champ
    07-25-13 04:44 PM
    New razor max is a beast. In materials and battery and extremely efficient even running on stupid android
    I sure hope it's a lot better than the Droid RAZR HD (2530mAh battery)... The battery life on that thing was putrid when I owned it, far worse than my Z10 by a good 20% margin or so.

This might contradict what I mentioned earlier, so I'd like to clarify that Motorola has always tried to include large batteries, but that doesn't always mean good overall battery life.
    07-25-13 04:57 PM
    Quoted the one I found the strangest. No sweat, really. It's just that BBRY reputation for support is under the gun a bit of recent.
    I never understood that reputation. They have always bent over backwards to help me whenever I have a problem and even check back a week after it was resolved to ensure everything is still ok. I never had another phone company do any of that for me.
    07-25-13 05:05 PM
    I never understood that reputation. They have always bent over backwards to help me whenever I have a problem and even check back a week after it was resolved to ensure everything is still ok. I never had another phone company do any of that for me.
    I can't say I was ever treated bad (though I did dislike the carrier merry-go-round when I had issues).

I think the Playbook and update issues might skew attitudes a bit, whether or not BBRY is really at fault.
    07-25-13 05:12 PM
    I sure hope it's a lot better than the Droid RAZR HD (2530mAh battery)... The battery life on that thing was putrid when I owned it, far worse than my Z10 by a good 20% margin or so.

This might contradict what I mentioned earlier, so I'd like to clarify that Motorola has always tried to include large batteries, but that doesn't always mean good overall battery life.
    My girls DROID razor max hd beats my z10 any day of the week in battery. I put my screen on dim have no services running but wifi and deleted almost every app. I'm running latest leak. I'm considering the q10 just for the battery. Other than battery use. I love my z10. 10.2 leak will be out next week. We are on Verizon. Not sureness if that network on 4 g LTE makes difference but I swear I use phone hardly ever and battery just does drain with any activity.

Champ
    07-25-13 05:32 PM
29 12