Hi guys im pretty new to this forum just started so here goes.

I got my Q10 back in june as it came out here, i am in South Africa.

At first i was very impressed but then the battery life was terrible. I could barely get a day out of it (6am-6pm) by 3pm i was on red less than 10%!. I got a battery swap, same thing, before i charge it the battery takes ages to go down. Plug it in overnight and im back to square one struggling. i'm at school so i dont do much on my phone besides a few emails, lots of bbms and a bit of twitter.

I know play no games, barely go on twitter, i just bbm a lot. The other thing which came up recently is lag in my bbm chats. I have chat history enabled and a lot of chats with many people. If i didnt close my bbm active frame, after a few hours if i scrolled in the chat it would lag and glitch about. Even the typing lagged! I switched to replying from the hub and that was back to normal, super quick. After a few days i now lagged in the hub! the only way i can get lag free chats and scrolling in bbm is rebooting everyday. I cant reload ive tried that, link and the manual way on bb's site doesnt work. I am currently downloading a leak hoping for some light from that.

Can anyone give me advice with the lag or battery issue. also i'm on wifi all the time, barely do any browsing on the mobile network. Lte is always on but bluetooth and nfc all off.
    07-25-13 08:00 AM
    I am having this same issue! And we aren't the only ones. For some reason something seems to degrade in bb 10 that kills battery, causes lag, lock ups, random reboots. My mobile hotspot doesn't work 80% of the time, etc etc. bb needs to get 10.2 fast before I have to go back to my iPhone. I want to support bb and did buy buying their product, but if its unreliable and the iPhone isn't, it's a pretty easy choice. I just hope they're hearing all of these complaints.
    07-25-13 08:36 AM
    How strong is the LTE signal in your area? I've heard others say it'll drain battery in a weak area.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-13 08:38 AM
    Disable lock screen gestures and sending diagnostics to RIM
    07-25-13 08:39 AM
    My LTE is very weak, well there's actually none where I live. Only if I go into town which is rare so I'll try turn that off. I'm just very annoyed I can't reload os or downgrade. I've had less lag on a curve. It builds up then goes away after reboot

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:02 AM
    Turned off LTE, diagnostics and screen gestures. Will see how this goes

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:05 AM
    I had the same problem as well until I turned off diagnostics. Now I get >24h to a charge.. amazing battery life! I left screen gesture unlock on and still great battery life. Also check your apps to make sure that they aren't accessing the internet (under permissions) and use the app 'Taskmanager' to make sure nothing is running in the background that may be draining your battery.
    07-25-13 09:27 AM
    Make sure your phone is not trying to connect to bbry link through cellular data. This did the trick for me.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    07-25-13 09:45 AM
    Should you have to turn off functions the Q10 is known for like gestures? I'd return the phone for a replacement.
    07-25-13 09:49 AM
    You don't need to turn off gestures - the other tricks worked for me and I still have full functionality!
    07-25-13 10:00 AM
    Should you have to turn off functions the Q10 is known for like gestures? I'd return the phone for a replacement.
    you'd only be turning them off while the screen is locked, so to unlock you would press the top button. So you really aren't losing a feature.. many people turn off gestures while the phone is locked so it doesn't unlock by itself while in a pocket.
    07-25-13 10:53 AM
    ill see how diagnostics works but the main thing is this lag? and i cant reload os thats what is really concerning me
    07-25-13 10:57 AM
    I have downloaded the task manager app and found few apps (mainly the ones I sideloaded) still hanging around despite the fact that they are closed. However, the app doesn't seem to be able to kill skype; com.skype.raider

Anybody knows why?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:42 AM
    you'd only be turning them off while the screen is locked, so to unlock you would press the top button. So you really aren't losing a feature.. many people turn off gestures while the phone is locked so it doesn't unlock by itself while in a pocket.
    Oh! Ok I get it, I haven't actually had a problem with my phone in my pocket but yeah I can understand that. I have started using a psw lock on my Q10 now too so it locks up pretty quick and takes care of that.
    FCSC likes this.
    07-25-13 12:01 PM
    I have downloaded the task manager app and found few apps (mainly the ones I sideloaded) still hanging around despite the fact that they are closed. However, the app doesn't seem to be able to kill skype; com.skype.raider

Anybody knows why?

Posted via CB10
    I've noticed that skype doesn't die and sucks major battery and cpu, unless you sign out of skype in the app before closing it. Skype is so hard on battery, I never have it running unless I actually need to use it.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:13 PM
    I've posted about this before but a problem with email sync (buggy server)would cause my q10 to endlessly sync one of my email accounts. It would be fine for a week or two, then start getting hot with battery drain etc. As a work around till I can upgrade the buggy activesync server, when it happens, I just change the email retention time. It syncs completely then I change the retention time back to whatever I'm using, and its good for a while.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:20 PM
    Reload/reinstall your OS fixes most of the problems like this I've found. Easier than issue-by-issue troubleshooting

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    07-25-13 12:39 PM
    ill see how diagnostics works but the main thing is this lag? and i cant reload os thats what is really concerning me
    Reload/reinstall your OS fixes most of the problems like this I've found. Easier than issue-by-issue troubleshooting

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    Agreed, IF he was able to, which he says he can't.
    Last edited by PJD642; 07-25-13 at 10:10 PM.
    07-25-13 09:56 PM
    Changing my email syncing from 30 mind to 4 hours seems to have saved me a few hours battery life, I have 7 accounts.

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    07-25-13 09:57 PM
    07-25-13 10:00 PM
    So after all this lag rashing me for endless hour's I decided to install a leaked os. I'm runing 10.1.0.4543 now, only been going for an hour, setting up accounts and whatnot so ill see how this handles the day and tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 04:15 AM
    Please let us know what happens. I'm so sorry that your Q10 is making you unhappy. Take care!
    07-26-13 10:26 PM

Anybody knows why?

Posted via CB10
    I've noticed that skype doesn't die and sucks major battery and cpu, unless you sign out of skype in the app before closing it. Skype is so hard on battery, I never have it running unless I actually need to use it.

Posted via CB10
    I use Ghost Commander to manage Android ports. Skype will remain running and has even signed me in (tell-tale sound and notification that I'm signed in) without the app being open. Ghost Commander can be used to force close it. The same goes for the Kobo app for me. Good luck.
    07-27-13 12:05 AM
    Thanks for the tips. Where can the "send diagnostics to RIM" be turned off?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:58 AM
    Ignore my previous past. I found how to turn off diagnostics to RIM.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:03 AM
28 12