I know there are other threads like this, but I wanted to share my story with everyone for my first post.

Let me begin by saying I haven't owned a blackberry since I briefly had a pearl some years back, from there I owned the original iPhone, iPhone 3G/4, then moved to android with a galaxy nexus before using windows phone exclusively for the last year.

I decided to take the plunge and get a Z10 the other day.

I have to say I have no intention of switching to anything else at the moment. In my opinion it takes much of the best of the other operating systems and puts a different twist on it and adds the best keyboard I have ever used.

The one complaint would be app selection but honestly coming from windows phone, it isn't much different.

That being said I am still learning how to use it and consider myself a blackberry newb so of course tips are welcome!

I'm really excited for the future of blackberry and BB10 and think with some key app additions it can really take off. I also hope I can contribute regularly to this site and forum as it is and has been one of my favorites.

Thanks for letting me rant for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 02:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums, if you are willing to learn how to side load apps there is no app you can't have.
    Native is all ways better but this is a good stop gap until BB10 takes off.

Again welcome.
    07-25-13 02:46 AM
    Is there a good how to on how to sideload?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 02:49 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f279/

I hope this helps good luck, there are some smart people here so I'm sure if you ask you will get all the help you need.
    07-25-13 02:54 AM
    Thanks will be doing some side loading today.

I will also be attempting to get channels.

I wish some of my friends had a blackberry so I could actually use BBM! Haha

Still loving the hub!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:03 PM
    Welcome! You are going to love your Zzzzzzzzzz

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:06 PM
    Welcome to the dark side - Darthvader voice

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    SoloShaBerry and Bowlegz like this.
    07-25-13 05:55 PM
    Welcome! It'll probably frustrate the hell out of you for around 7 days than it will live deep within your soul... Believe me!
    SoloShaBerry and Mic_JP like this.
    07-25-13 05:58 PM
    Welcome to the dark side

07-25-13 06:23 PM
    Thanks will be doing some side loading today.

I will also be attempting to get channels.

I wish some of my friends had a blackberry so I could actually use BBM! Haha

Still loving the hub!

Posted via CB10
    BBM is going cross platform in a couple of months so you can use it on your IOS and Android mates all you like soon.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354
    07-25-13 07:31 PM
    And be patient the app store will definitely bulk up in the near future, as BlackBerry begins to gain popularity again

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    07-25-13 10:15 PM
    Welcome to the dark side - Darthvader voice

This!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:06 PM
    Yeah I can't wait for the store to expand, I really want to see another competitor eat into Android and Apples percentages.

I do like the live tile idea that windows has but I think the BlackBerry Hub is way more functional.

I can't wait to see more apps utilizing it (much like USA today is).

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:36 AM
    Does anyone know if the new 10.2.0.810 leak will enable video taking in instagram?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 06:12 PM
    Welcome to Z 10

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:03 PM
    Does anyone know if the new 10.2.0.810 leak will enable video taking in instagram?

Posted via CB10
    I'm still not quite comfortable with the leaked 10.2 OS yet so I'll let the eager folks try it and hear their feedbacks it seems like the 10.2 might drain the battery a lot since it's the first leak.

As for sideloading apps, if you get stuck during any parts of the tutorial posted by xsacha's, don't hesitate to give us a shout!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:36 PM
    Welcome to Blackberry and specifically the Z10! It is hands down the best smartphone I have owned. I'm spoiled rotten in that mine is a company phone and in a company of 1000+, I was one of the first to get one.

I LOVE MY Z10, I am sure you will too. Ask questions and utilize the search feature. This place is amazing for info. Pay no mind to the jerks that do nothing but complain though!!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:40 PM
    I have similar experience as you.

Lack of apps is not a big deal to me at all since i can sideload all android apps by myself.

PlayBook .apk to .bar converter can offer almost all converted android apps in the form of .bar, which can be used by BB10.

I guess many people here have not used iphone and android before and tended to think they are better than blackberry. The fact is they are not.

Iphone is good? Not at all, my previous two iphones (4 & 4s) can not last more than three hours of heavy usage; i have to keep a charger at home, a charger in the car and a charger at work.

Android is good? Crash everywhere. Another reason i don't like Android is that i don't want to give all my private stuff to google, who seems to know everything of me, very scary.
    07-28-13 08:44 PM
    I'm curious...

I have spent about a week with my Z10 now and I have the opportunity to trade it for a Q10.

At first I really didn't think I could handle that small of a screen but now I'm really considering it.

Have people here used them both? If so which do you prefer and why?

Thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:46 AM
    Side note: I love the Z10 and have no regrets in getting it, but new and different is always exciting.

I haven't used a physical keyboard in years and frankly kind of miss them, although the virtual one on the z10 is easily the best I have used.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 01:48 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-02-13 01:49 AM
    Good choice of phone I have used nearly every other smartphone going but my z10 is my favourite it's just so nice to use.

Welcome to Crackberry

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:58 AM
    Good choice of phone I have used nearly every other smartphone going but my z10 is my favourite it's just so nice to use.

Welcome to Crackberry

Posted via CB10
    Have you used the Q10 at all?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:32 AM
    Home | Blog | Free CB10 App | New Posts | User CP | Today's Posts | Search | Log Out

Forum > BlackBerry 10 Hub > BlackBerry Z10 >
    Thread: Another Z10 How To and Tricks threads post
    Motorhead777 05:42 PM 06-15-2013
    Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps :: Android APP Store � Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps
    How to sync multiple Google Calendars on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Ten tips and tricks to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life | CrackBerry.com
    How to enable Desktop Mode in the BlackBerry 10 browser | CrackBerry.com
    How to do a Security Wipe (factory reset) the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to change the default search engine in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to restart the BlackBerry 10 Hub easily using this awesome five swipe gesture! | CrackBerry.com
    Must Know BlackBerry 10 Tip - Using the "Compact Sidebar" will let you jump around the BlackBerry Hub and within apps FAST! | CrackBerry.com
    How to change the lock screen message on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 Tips for the BlackBerry 10 Hub | CrackBerry.com
    How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system | CrackBerry.com
    How to enable USB Mass Storage (Mass Storage Mode) on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Thinking of switching from BlackBerry 7 to BlackBerry 10? Here's what you need to know | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 tips for BlackBerry 10 e-mail | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 tips for the BlackBerry 10 browser | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 tips for BlackBerry 10 phone calling | CrackBerry.com
    How to request high quality images over BBM on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Using Box on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Using Dropbox on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to backup and restore your BlackBerry 10 device with BlackBerry Link | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 tips for BlackBerry 10 contacts | CrackBerry.com
    How to use the BlackBerry 10 File Manager | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 tips for the BlackBerry 10 calendar | CrackBerry.com
    Get your synced RSS reading on the go with gNewsReader for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to transfer your BlackBerry 7 data to a BlackBerry 10 device using BlackBerry Link | CrackBerry.com
    Making your way around Android apps on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to add a home screen shortcut for any website on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    SayIt for BlackBerry 10 updated - Ask it anything you like | CrackBerry.com
    How to attach files to an email on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to send a text message to a number in your recent call log on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to use custom ringtones and alerts on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Missing those classic ringtones from your old BlackBerry? Here's how you can get them on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to add a speed dial for a contact in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Access every radio station in the palm of your hand with Nobex for the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry 10 Hub Tips & Tricks - N4BB
    An in depth look at SayIt for BlackBerry 10 - Your own personal assistant | CrackBerry.com
    The top 10 news apps for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ng-z10-766594/
    Best BlackBerry 10 Apps and Games | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 productivity and utility apps for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to turn on Reader mode in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    The top 10 music and audio apps for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Add some jazz to your videos with VideoFX for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Hands on with Whatsapp for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BlackBerry 10 - With secret super features! | CrackBerry.com
    AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Accessory Buyers Guide | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry 10 Now Offers More Than 100,000 Applications to Customers | CrackBerry.com
    The first ten things to do with your new BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to add words to your personal dictionary on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Explaining BlackBerry 10 Application Permissions | CrackBerry.com
    Top 10 camera tips for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to turn off message count in the Hub on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts - For new and old users! ENJOY!!
    If you watch 'private' videos on your BlackBerry, make sure you turn off status updates in BBM first | CrackBerry.com
    How to filter what accounts are shown in the BlackBerry Hub | CrackBerry.com
    Tapatalk 2 now ready for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Top ten driving apps for the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    Remember on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    PlayCloud is the best way to manage files on a BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    Store all your favorite webpages in one place with Backpack for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Youtube Video
    Outlook.com Calendar Sync
    How to access your PC files from your BlackBerry 10 device | CrackBerry.com
    How to sideload Android applications to the BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    Two web pages on one screen? Check out Web Splitter for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    This game rocks - Biplanes Blasta for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Never miss your favorite TV show again with What's On? for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to install leaked 10.1 for Z10?

Reply R
    08-02-13 03:43 AM
    No I prefer touch screen phones so never tried a q10

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 04:08 AM