On top of a lot of thinks I love about the Z10 I just realize today that I can type a text message in two language (French and English) with my Z10 still guessing the right word this huge for me.
    I tried doing that before with my 4s and I will always end up with some silly auto correct that doesn't mean anything even in Franglais( Francais-Anglais)

Loving that phone a bit more everyday!!!
    lactose and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
    07-24-13 01:02 PM
    Yes, great feature for bilinguals!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:09 PM
    On top of a lot of thinks I love about the Z10 I just realize today that I can type a text message in two language (French and English) with my Z10 still guessing the right word this huge for me.
    I tried doing that before with my 4s and I will always end up with some silly auto correct that doesn't mean anything even in Franglais( Francais-Anglais)

Loving that phone a bit more everyday!!!
    It is an amazing OS. The more you get into it, the more you discover what it can do!
    07-24-13 02:11 PM
    I text heavily in both Spanish and English. It recognizes both. One slight annoyance I've encountered, although I'm not sure of its related, is that sometimes my BlackBerry World switches to Spanish. Kind of annoying. But again not sure if it's related

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    07-24-13 02:24 PM
    Actually, you can set it up to 3languagues, I have English, French, Spanish, I do speak Italian as well but u can't acomodar a forth...

Golf=passion
    07-24-13 02:28 PM
    Mine never switched to French
    I text heavily in both Spanish and English. It recognizes both. One slight annoyance I've encountered, although I'm not sure of its related, is that sometimes my BlackBerry World switches to Spanish. Kind of annoying. But again not sure if it's related

07-24-13 04:11 PM
    Nice didn't know that. I will add Spanish then
    Actually, you can set it up to 3languagues, I have English, French, Spanish, I do speak Italian as well but u can't acomodar a forth...

Golf=passion
    07-24-13 04:12 PM
    I've said this multiple times before on these forums, but this feature is one of the biggest reasons that I went for a bb10 device.
    On a daily basis I am sending messages in English French and german. Having the phone correctly context switch between them without intervention from me was a life saver!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 04:26 PM
    I've said this multiple times before on these forums, but this feature is one of the biggest reasons that I went for a bb10 device.
    On a daily basis I am sending messages in English French and german. Having the phone correctly context switch between them without intervention from me was a life saver!

Posted via CB10
    Especially when my german spelling is atrocious !

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 04:27 PM
    I know this is great, with my iphone I always have to switch language in order to type in the chosen language and sometime I want to use two or three languages in a same message and that was a pain in the b**

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 05:02 PM

I don't think it's related, another user had the same thing happen (I don't think it was you).
    07-24-13 05:15 PM
    Mine is too. It's wonderful. Except does anyone else have the issue that some letters don't exist like i can't get an s with a slanted line over it :/

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 05:17 PM
    Yeah I love this feature cause my texting are 50/50 English french.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 05:21 PM
    This is a huge feature for me, being in a bilingual part of the country. It's so good that you can switch entre French et English dans the mme sentence comme it's la same langue.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-24-13 06:26 PM
    I love the bilingual features (works for trilingual too, as long as your languages are supported).

I like the seamless switch between English and French, but my biggest complaint is that when the system is unsure what language in typing in, the word "the" often gets replaced by "th".

Come on, BlackBerry. How often do people talk about tea in French, compared to the frequency of a word like "the" in English?

I wish one could have a word blacklist, in the same fashion you can add your own words to the dictionary.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) and dalight13 like this.
    07-24-13 07:39 PM
    I had forgotten the Cracker eye app can't display accented letters

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 07:41 PM
    I love the bilingual features (works for trilingual too, as long as your languages are supported).

I like the seamless switch between English and French, but my biggest complaint is that when the system is unsure what language in typing in, the word "the" often gets replaced by "th�".

Come on, BlackBerry. How often do people talk about tea in French, compared to the frequency of a word like "the" in English?

I wish one could have a word blacklist, in the same fashion you can add your own words to the dictionary.

Posted via CB10
    +1. Overuse of th� in autocorrect!
    dalight13 likes this.
    07-24-13 07:42 PM
    I had forgotten the Cracker eye app can't display accented letters

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with you on this one. The should be the default as it is such a highly used word in English. But it is a very small annoyance for a typing system that works so well for me. I love the ability to use both of my languages without changing keyboards. One thing that would really enhance it is if you could make the voice function recognize more than one language at a time. I don't think it works that way right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 07:47 PM
    Bilingual indeed. Such a great feature for those of us who use it. Makes life that much simpler.
    07-24-13 07:54 PM
    Mine is too. It's wonderful. Except does anyone else have the issue that some letters don't exist like i can't get an s with a slanted line over it :/

Posted via CB10
    Press and HOLD the letter of choice and Voila! Hope that helps. What language uses the s with slant?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:32 PM
    +1. Overuse of th� in autocorrect!
    Hope it helps. Type "the" and hit space. I enabled french and only get th after I hit the "e". Are you typing the full word and then swiping up. If so that is the problem. Just fully type the word, hit space, and repeat a few times to try and train the keyboard back to "the". If you continually pick the word you don't want, the the predictive text finds that you want that spelling to appear. Re train the keyboard selection brain.
    Hope this is a proper interpretation of your problem. Think about how it learns what it Thinks you want it to do. Also, when it gives two words at the space bar and you hit the space bar for a space, it choses the word you didn't want. Flick, as if to erase the word, and it will replace it with the word you typed, quick.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:04 PM
    Hope it helps. Type "the" and hit space. I enabled french and only get th after I hit the "e". Are you typing the full word and then swiping up. If so that is the problem. Just fully type the word, hit space, and repeat a few times to try and train the keyboard back to "the". If you continually pick the word you don't want, the the predictive text finds that you want that spelling to appear. Re train the keyboard selection brain.
    Hope this is a proper interpretation of your problem. Think about how it learns what it Thinks you want it to do. Also, when it gives two words at the space bar and you hit the space bar for a space, it choses the word you didn't want. Flick, as if to erase the word, and it will replace it with the word you typed, quick.

Posted via CB10
    Fixed a typo at the first, the "th" was supposed to be "th "

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:12 PM
    Lol, it won't post the e with the wiggle over it
    Gonna see if it leaves out the funny "" (e). Just in case the quotes are empty

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:16 PM
    awindsr, if I type "the", it often puts "the-with-an-accent" as the green text on the space bar so I have to flick up to choose "the"...which means paying attention rather than just typing super fast. I think it is improving though, so perhaps the keyboard is finally learning that I don't have a tea obsession.

Also, CB app people - fix your accents!!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:02 AM
    My Z10 is trilingual. It understands English, French and Kreyol (my native language).

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:30 AM
30 12