Example: When i compose a new message and choose to write an email, I can quickly find a person (narrow down the hits) by the name of "Frank Johnson" by entering "Fr Jo" only. This is apparently not possible when composing an sms text message. In this case I need to write the full first name, in this case "Frank", and the beginning of his last name "Jo.." to find the right person. Can anyone tell me if this will be fixed in a more recent build? (Z10, STL100-2 is running 10.1.0.2342)

Thanks.
    07-24-13 04:42 AM
    Hello.

I don't have this problem in 10.1.0.4651

As soon as I enter a Single Letter, suggestions are coming up. Don't know if this was a problem under other versions as I very rarely use SMS

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:33 AM
    Same issue here : when you compose an email you can type part of the first name space then part of the last name it will come up suggestions but when you compose an text it won't work

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:23 AM
    ...I don't have this problem in 10.1.0.4651
    ...As soon as I enter a Single Letter, suggestions are coming up...
    That is actually different input behaviour than what the original poster was attempting. Try just typing the first initial of first name, followed by a space, then the first letter of last name.
    ex.
    Not S for Santa Claus
    But S Cl for Santa Claus

The behaviour is different between composing email, and composing SMS text. Not sure why...not sure I'd really care. I would just craft my input differently, and forget about it.
    08-19-13 02:10 PM
    That is actually different input behaviour than what the original poster was attempting. Try just typing the first initial of first name, followed by a space, then the first letter of last name.
    ex.
    Not S for Santa Claus
    But S Cl for Santa Claus

The behaviour is different between composing email, and composing SMS text. Not sure why...not sure I'd really care. I would just craft my input differently, and forget about it.
    Hello. Yes totally my mistake. It was very late in my time zone back then.

So I tested this a minute ago on 10.2.0.1323 - it's still the same. No "special" suggestions for SMS recipients.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 04:07 PM