Lately there's been a some new images of Sony's next flagship, the 'Honami'. Check out these rumoured specs:

• 5-inch 1080p AH-IPS with “Triluminous”
    • 1/2.3-inch 20.6MP Exmor RS BSI sensor
    • 28mm equivalent Sony G lens
    • LED flash
    • 16GB internal storage with microSD
    • Snapdragon 800 at 2.25GHz
    • 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
    • 3030mAh battery
    • ~9mm thickness

If BlackBerry came out with those specs for the A10 they'd be blazing a trail!

Honami pictures leak again – looks like the real deal | Xperia Blog
    07-23-13 07:24 PM
    I would have loved to see similar, but with higher Device Memory (internal storage) as well, like 32GB. Too many biiiig games... and more coming!
    Last edited by elite1; 07-23-13 at 09:13 PM. Reason: meant 32GB storage, not 32MB!
    07-23-13 07:32 PM
    I would have loved to see similar, but with higher Device Memory (internal storage) as well, like 32GB. Too many biiiig games... and more coming!
    True dat, as well as 3 GB of RAM to enhance the BB10 OS experience.
    Last edited by elite1; 07-23-13 at 09:13 PM.
    07-23-13 07:37 PM
    True dat, as well as 3 GB of RAM to enhance the BB10 OS experience.
    Ha! Was thinking that too... well actually was thinking 4GB... but didn't feel like hearing from people how it wasn't needed.
    07-23-13 07:38 PM
    Ha! Was thinking that too... well actually was thinking 4GB... but didn't feel like hearing from people how it wasn't needed.
    It will be even more necessary with headless apps in 10.2 I'm sure. But the bigger battery will be an absolute must with so much RAM.
    07-23-13 07:43 PM
    Sounds like the display will be most advanced.
    Sony's New Triluminous TVs Will Be Powered by Quantum Physics
    07-23-13 08:16 PM
    That phone looks very dull and boring. The Z10 looks a lot better. With those specs Sony will be asking a good amount of cash.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    07-23-13 08:24 PM
    I would have loved to see similar, but with higher Device Memory (internal storage) as well, like 32MB. Too many biiiig games... and more coming!
    I bet. Games must be tiny since when you want a 32MB internal memory....

I would rather have 32GB
    07-23-13 09:05 PM
    I bet. Games must seem Small when you want a 32MB internal memory....

I would rather have 32GB
    Hahaha! You caught me!

*runs off to edit original post*
    07-23-13 09:12 PM
    For some specs I do agree that the A10 needs to 'go big or go home'. For example, a top notch camera is essential. And it needs lots of memory (both RAM and on-board storage).

However, I am coming around to the view that the user experience is the most important thing. Perhaps the reason that the Android phones are coming out with big specs is because Android requires them in order to function properly? Even if QNX cannot cure cancer it is still provides a powerful and efficient OS that works well with lower specs.

So at the end of the year I'd like to see lots of side-by-side comparisons between the A10 and other new phones. As long as the A10 is smooth, works well, and has a long battery life, then I shouldn't obsess about the technical numbers too much.
    07-23-13 09:16 PM
    For some specs I do agree that the A10 needs to 'go big or go home'. For example, a top notch camera is essential. And it needs lots of memory (both RAM and on-board storage).

However, I am coming around to the view that the user experience is the most important thing. Perhaps the reason that the Android phones are coming out with big specs is because Android requires them in order to function properly? Even if QNX cannot cure cancer it is still provides a powerful and efficient OS that works well with lower specs.

So at the end of the year I'd like to see lots of side-by-side comparisons between the A10 and other new phones. As long as the A10 is smooth, works well, and has a long battery life, then I shouldn't obsess about the technical numbers too much.
    I agree it should be about the user experience first and foremost. But keep in mind that BB10 can't run well on less than 2 GB of RAM. BlackBerry needs to overspec this phone to provide a more satisfying user experience compared to their current models.
    07-23-13 09:24 PM
    And yet, I'm willing to bet it won't sell as well as they'd like, go figure.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:28 PM
    I am fairly happy with the specs on the A10. Like others, my only wish would have been at least another gig of memory. The dedicated GPU ram is a bonus that helps pick up the slack. However, I must say that BB 10 does a much better job of utilizing memory than either IPhone or Android. For instance, I had 2gb of memory with my Galaxy III and it ran like crap and I had to spend more time using Appkiller than I actually used my phone. BB 10 runs very efficiently with 2gb, more so than I can imagine that the new 'Honami' will do with the same amout of memory. The only reason that I say that the A10 specs seem unimpressive is because it's not "flashy", and doesn't appeal to the average consumer who can go buy a Sony. Once BB can bridge some of the technology and user-base gap, I think that it won't matter as much what the specs are, and more so the BB experience. For instance, nobody I know that has an IPhone ever talks about anything but storage space, apps, and the fact that it's an IPhone. I equate it to asking a 16-year-old girl how much horsepower her 2013 Mustang GT has. She just knows that it's cool. We just need to figure out how to put a disco ball and a hot chick inside a volkswagon, to make them wish that they didn't have a Mustang GT.
    07-23-13 09:35 PM
    I have to admit that Sony makes really great phones and other products. However their launcher for Android and the design of their phones are too ugly. Great hardware but ugly design, and design is one if the biggest factors for a consumer. Just ask Apple.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:31 AM
    That phone looks very dull and boring. The Z10 looks a lot better. With those specs Sony will be asking a good amount of cash.

Posted via CB10
    And Blackberry will be asking a similar amount of cash for lesser specs. Go figure!
    07-24-13 03:37 AM
    I like the dust/water resistant feature on the Sony. Hope the A10 has something similar.
    07-25-13 11:12 AM
    I think better memory management to do more with less RAM will do more to help BlackBerry out. It doesn't make sense to me that a "Curve replacement" has the RAM of the iPhone 4, 4S and iPhone 5 combined.

As for the specs:

5-inch 1080p AH-IPS with “Triluminous”

A 5" screen with a resolution so high that most people won't be able to tell the difference, no matter what they claim. ;-)

placebo effect - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

1/2.3-inch 20.6MP Exmor RS BSI sensor
    28mm equivalent Sony G lens
    Sounds great if you're a photographer, but won't matter much for most who take snapshots and post on Facebook. Kinda like the Lumia 1020. For most people, it's pounding a tack into a wall with a sledgehammer.

16GB internal storage with microSD
    Limited storage if you're a gamer. And less than the A10, isn't it?

Snapdragon 800 at 2.25GHz
    Will be quick, but again - can someone point out an app that will push this fast processor to its max? Something that can't be done on another device that's slower? A cool game would be an example, but see above for the storage problem.

3030mAh battery
    Huge battery. Probably to help it last a day with that giant high res screen (that most people won't be able to tell the difference on)
    Cesare21 likes this.
    07-25-13 11:15 AM
    Lately there's been a some new images of Sony's next flagship, the 'Honami'. Check out these rumoured specs:

• LED flash
    • 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
    • 3030mAh battery
    • ~9mm thickness

If BlackBerry came out with those specs for the A10 they'd be blazing a trail!

Honami pictures leak again – looks like the real deal | Xperia Blog
    I wish I still had the link but, i have heard of some rumored specs to be this (except the camera, and 4gb of ram). We can only wait and see.
    07-25-13 11:21 AM
    If A10 had the specs of the Sony phone, I'd camp overnight to grab one. While I agree that it isn't a spec race and the BlackBerry 10 OS is far more efficient than any mobile OS, the point is that BlackBerry's future does not hinge on Crack nation buying this device. In order to stop the bleeding of US market share, it must win back people on Android and iOS. BlackBerry always had the most efficient communication device and it mattered not for the market as it has repeatedly loudly spoken for the past several years that what iOS and Android offer is more appealing. For me personally, the CPU and Ram aren't cause for concern; but the fact that at the end of 2013 a 5" phone will release with 720p is very underwhelming. If BlackBerry continues to only stand on the pillar of communication and efficiency, it'll continue to lose market share as this has been its paradigm for the past several years.
    07-25-13 03:15 PM
    And how much would that cost me?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 04:18 PM
    Love to see it With Bb10
    07-25-13 04:22 PM

• LED flash
    • 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
    • 3030mAh battery
    • ~9mm thickness
    And TWO hours of Battery Life!!
    07-26-13 12:16 AM
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 to dominate the market “in the coming months”

We already know the super impressive 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 mobile processor is coming extremely soon, but we weren’t sure who all would be on board. The flagship LG G2 coming in August has been confirmed to run the Snapdragon 800, as did Sony with their new Xperia Z Ultra. With Quick Charge 2.0, extremely fast speeds, battery efficiency, and of course global 4G LTE (and 4G LTE-Advanced) support, we can see why so many are on board.

If you had any doubt that the next wave of flagship smartphone wouldn’t be powered by Qualcomm, let this quote we have below ease your mind. While speaking to Murthy Renduchintala, EVP of Qualcomm Technologies, he had this to say about the coming months and what to expect.

"Virtually every global OEM with a premium-tier smartphone is designing it with a Snapdragon 800, which we’ll see in the coming months.”

He then went on to mention that while we can expect to see flagship smartphone running the 800 from virtually everyone, there’s a few who make their own processor architectures that won’t be on board. One that comes to mind is Samsung, as they have their Exynos chipset, but clearly they’ve already been using the Snapdragon 600 on their flagship GS4, and we’re assuming the 800 will be in their Note III or other upcoming devices.

It’s pretty exciting to know that over the next few months we’ll be seeing a huge influx of impressive smartphones all running one of the most powerful smartphone processors on the planet. We already knew it was a fast processor from our hands-on with the Snapdragon 800, so now it will be up to OEMs to offer a differentiated experience from the competition to get the consumers dollar.
    I think that IF BlackBerry wants the A10 to be seen as a true "Flagship" device, it had better have this processor.
    07-26-13 08:08 AM
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 to dominate the market �in the coming months�

I think that IF BlackBerry wants the A10 to be seen as a true "Flagship" device, it had better have this processor.
    That read like an infomercial. Did qualcomm write it?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:22 AM
    Qualcomm has 2 on board, and they call that "many"? Sounds like a BlackBerry attempt at PR! Lol
    07-27-13 12:17 AM