I know this will only appeal to some readers, but I am offering as a reward an Official unopened 2013 MLB All Star game program and an un-ripped sheet of tickets to Futures game, HR Derby, and All Star Game. Great collectors items.

There are a lot of smarties out there with great deal more knowledge than I have and I know one of you can figure out the issue here.

I know others would appreciate it as well.

I am currently on 4285. When I try any OS after that, the SMS database does not transfer. Trust me I have tried everyone! I have even tried going back to the factory OS of 283 and then going up to 4537, etc...still a blank database. I can restore to 283 and to 4285 with no problem.

Please help? Every day I find another reason why I need to get off 4285, yet my SMS data is very important to me. Using SMS backup program or 3rd party backup solution is not really the answer I was looking for.

thanks.
    07-22-13 05:29 PM
    hey I sorta had the same problem. What worked for me was 1) back up your phone using BlackBerry Link 2)I installed 10.0.xx using the leaked download (don't use BlackBerry Link) after you your restored. 3) then go back and install the 10.1 version you like. 4) restore your information using the BlackBerry Link see if that works

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:22 PM
    Should I do a restore and backup while in 10.0.xx? I don't understand what going to 10.0.xx does if you don't touch the data?

Anyone else want to contribute?
    07-22-13 10:27 PM
    I know this will only appeal to some readers, but I am offering as a reward an Official unopened 2013 MLB All Star game program and an un-ripped sheet of tickets to Futures game, HR Derby, and All Star Game. Great collectors items. There are a lot of smarties out there with great deal more knowledge than I have and I know one of you can figure out the issue here. I know others would appreciate it as well. I am currently on 4285. When I try any OS after that, the SMS database does not transfer. Trust me I have tried everyone! I have even tried going back to the factory OS of 283 and then going up to 4537, etc...still a blank database. I can restore to 283 and to 4285 with no problem. Please help? Every day I find another reason why I need to get off 4285, yet my SMS data is very important to me. Using SMS backup program or 3rd party backup solution is not really the answer I was looking for. thanks.
    Some suggestions if you haven't tried them already: 1. The SMS database you tried to restore in OS versions greater than 4285, was it backed up in 4285? If not you could try. 2. Have you tried OS 4651 3. Have you tried Darcy's Blackberry Tools "...Backup Manager - for changing the version numbers stored in backup files. If Link sends the backup to your device this tool worked, it doesn't guarantee that the device will restore all your data successfully." I can't locate the specific thread re changing version numbers of backup files, it's not the Darcy's Blackberry Tools sticky thread. 4. You could also to try the "Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer" restore function.
    07-22-13 11:44 PM
    I know this will only appeal to some readers, but I am offering as a reward an Official unopened 2013 MLB All Star game program and an un-ripped sheet of tickets to Futures game, HR Derby, and All Star Game. Great collectors items.

There are a lot of smarties out there with great deal more knowledge than I have and I know one of you can figure out the issue here.

I know others would appreciate it as well.

I am currently on 4285. When I try any OS after that, the SMS database does not transfer. Trust me I have tried everyone! I have even tried going back to the factory OS of 283 and then going up to 4537, etc...still a blank database. I can restore to 283 and to 4285 with no problem.

Please help? Every day I find another reason why I need to get off 4285, yet my SMS data is very important to me. Using SMS backup program or 3rd party backup solution is not really the answer I was looking for.

thanks.
    Try this: Check out SMS Backup in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27686935

Comments made using my mind on a hybrid Z10 LE running on VZW.
    07-23-13 01:08 AM
    Try this: Check out SMS Backup in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27686935

Comments made using my mind on a hybrid Z10 LE running on VZW.
    Was about to suggest that too. There are a few apps that will take good care of backing up your messages if they are so important to you. At the moment, BlackBerry Link is pretty unreliable, so get one of the sms backup apps and your problem is totally solved. .

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-23-13 01:21 AM
    Just a word of advice for future: when making a backup, turn your radio connection off.
    When left on, and SMS would be received during the backup process, your SMS messages would not get restored after system reinstall.
    07-23-13 04:49 AM
    OS10.1.0.4828 plus updated version of Link solves the issue with restoring SMS.
    08-26-13 03:44 AM
    What version of link are you using

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:05 AM
    Good thing BlackBerry didn't wait too long to fix it.

Sheesh.
    08-26-13 12:00 PM
    Whatever the latest is that was released a week or so ago. just get the newest one from blackberry.
    08-28-13 01:21 PM
    Just in case there's problem with restore, you can try sachesi to update your device without wiping data.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 01:26 PM