I attempted to upgrade my ATT phone to Rogers 8310 OS 4.5 upgrade the other night, and it failed at the very end of the installation. I have since used jl_cmder to wipe the device and have attempted to reload the device to ATT OS 4.2 to no avail using both DM 4.3 and 4.6. It gets to the final stage and starts loading applications back on the device and i get a J:0x00000005 error and its really beginning to anger me at this point. I'm now attempting to load Vodafone's OS 4.5 for maybe a random stroke of good luck. Will someone please lend me a helping hand? It gets to random areas on the final step and is never consistent.
    10-15-08 08:42 PM
    Try following these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    10-15-08 08:45 PM
    Done and Done, still broken. Will Not Get Past the Loading Applications stage of the Restore.
    10-15-08 08:52 PM
    I have read crackmem does a pretty good job:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 09:00 PM
    Tried CrackMem. Did not work. Does anyone think I should go through the trouble of uninstalling Desktop Manager 4.3 "Completely" registry and all? Does anyone think this could be a cause of this?
    10-15-08 10:49 PM
    J:0x00000005
    This is a memory address fault, firmware or hardware related. Could be a botched memory module.....
    10-15-08 10:59 PM
    That would explain the random stopping locations during the "Loading Applications". :\ I'm really not happy at the moment.
    10-15-08 11:11 PM
    Anyone Else?
    10-16-08 09:26 AM
    Hey, sorry you're having so much trouble. I"ve done 2 upgrades, so I know how frustrating it can be (jeez..i sound like customer service).LOL

Ok, I would try to wipe away and start over the entire process...I would delete and re install the DM. Then sync your device to it. See what happens. Did you perform a backup prior to this? Good luck!
    10-16-08 10:15 AM
    I had the exact same issue. I thought I had bricked my BB for good and ATT sent me anouther one.

I tried to upgrade that one, bricked. What finally worked was wipe the BB, uninstall 4.2 and reload 4.5. Works now. Let me know if I can be any help.
    10-16-08 11:42 AM
    Ok Guess what guys/gals. Want to hear the most ridiculous thing in the world? How the **** can a battery cause this issue? I have two batteries for my Curve so I just swapped it out thinking possibly it could be an issue, and probably the last variable part of the device I could mess with.... I GOT 4.2 RELOADED ON THE DEVICE FTW! So i decided to push my luck after this, and I just got 4.5 Loaded from Rogers. I'm so beyond happy ATM that I can barely breathe, I thought I was going to have to buy a new Blackberry (this one was out of warranty and I don't have insurance anymore)
    10-16-08 11:45 AM
    Awesome, I'm glad you were able to work it out.
    10-16-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD