Hi,

I am trying to learn how to build apps but I am having some trouble and I was hoping someone here might help?

I am using QNX Moment is IDE 10.1

Problem I have is that every time I try to connect to the stimulator I get an error:

Device disconnected or not in development mode. Unable to connect: unable to connect. Ensure USB cable or Wi-Fi is connected, IP address is correct and development mode is enabled.
    Thing is I can start up the stimulator on its own and it is definitely working. In fact it used to work before and I think I might have accidentally messed about with something when I tried to use the Android installers?

I've tried to on the development mode already inside the stimulator. (though I'm pretty confused as it gives a different IP address from the one shown at the bottom? )

I've tried installing different versions of stimulators as available but they just can't seem to be paired or connected.

Would appreciate if I can get some help on this! Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 12:28 AM
    Sorry, I'm not going to be of much help.... but just to say, I'm pretty sure it's called a SIMULATOR

Si.
    B Pretto likes this.
    07-22-13 04:37 AM
    Lol!!! I'm terrible at spelling. Not sure if in just dyslexic or blind... For years I thought "concentrate" (for juices) were "concrete" (it made sense to me as cement are made by mixing powder and water too). ANd I only realised that in University...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:02 AM
    Hope I can help, I'm using the same setup (QNX Momentics Native SDK with VMWare Simulator).

Yes the address at the bottom of the VMWare window is your IP for the simulator. Should be like 192.168.x.x or something along those lines. Also, make sure in your QNX Momentics that you are building target to "simulator-debug" because you have several options there ("device-debug", "device-release", etc.). The last of the 4 options is simulator.

To connect to simulator, you should look at your targets tab and make sure the IP is listed there. You may have to go into the properties of the target, check that it is connecting. Do an "auto-detect" but if that doesn't work, manually add the IP.

I've got both simulator and device that I test on, so first I play around on simulator and then after I choose to compile to device so it deploys it there. It is a little tricky to figure out but once you do, the QNX Momentics IDE should be able to find and deploy and it even launches your app in there.

I'm almost finished my first Cascades app (having worked primarily in WebWorks in the past and tried Marmalade), and I can tell you that there is a bit of a learning curve.... But once you get through the first app learning process, it gets easier.... And best of all the Cascades apps really are fast and smooth!
    07-22-13 09:44 AM
    Thanks! I changed it to the 4th simulator debug option. The simulators won't work but for some reason it now works on my z10... good enough for me I guess. ..

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 12:03 PM
    You made my day with the title. Thanks!
    08-01-13 03:22 PM