Just like you all, I also see the issues with BBRY and am as concerned as you are.

The reason for all this could be any or a combination of BBRY's inability to aggressive marketing / inability to meet deadlines / Issues with leadership / PR /employees/ Platform...........etc. etc. etc. which I consider is secondary and useless - in boosting US sales and service

The BB sales (in the USA) will not pick up and the problems will not go away >>>>>>

UNLESS the carriers have a real zeal and a sustained interest in supporting a particular brand. which is clearly missing in case of BBRY and this is only in the USA carriers and it is no secret now.

No one can ignore the US market, and this will have severe impacts on the markets elsewhere outside of US as well.

So the US market needs to be fixed/looked into

So what can BBRY do now?

Just my Thoughts ......

How about BBRY starting its own Voice / Data / Mobile communications services just like any other mobile service carrier? Specially for BBRY devices and support other devices/platforms at the same time. which would then a separate line of business for BBRY.

What would it take to get it done? How big of a deal would be that?
    Or acquire such a company for now and make it exclusive for BB phones/devices? get all BB customers back and move forward from there.

So what's your take on this ? jump right in and put in your thoughts.......
    madman0141 likes this.
    07-20-13 10:04 PM
    Good God...do you know how much money it would cost to buy spectrum, or get an MVNO agreement? And would a carrier even be willing to sign an MVNO agreement?
    07-20-13 10:07 PM
    While they're at it, why not just go ahead and start building cars since they provide the OS for a lot of infotainment systems. Hey, go whole hog and start building nuclear power plants too.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    07-21-13 03:53 AM
    Might as well purchase a small third world nation and make blackberries mandatory and use the existing communications infrastructure to develop legalized brainwashing.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    07-21-13 03:59 AM
    how bout no....
    rallen562 likes this.
    07-21-13 05:12 AM
    Just like you all, I also see the issues with BBRY and am as concerned as you are.

The reason for all this could be any or a combination of BBRY's inability to aggressive marketing / inability to meet deadlines / Issues with leadership / PR /employees/ Platform...........etc. etc. etc. which I consider is secondary and useless - in boosting US sales and service

The BB sales (in the USA) will not pick up and the problems will not go away >>>>>>

UNLESS the carriers have a real zeal and a sustained interest in supporting a particular brand. which is clearly missing in case of BBRY and this is only in the USA carriers and it is no secret now.

No one can ignore the US market, and this will have severe impacts on the markets elsewhere outside of US as well.

So what can BBRY do now?

Just my Thoughts ......

How about BBRY starting its own Voice / Data / Mobile communications services just like any other mobile service carrier? Specially for BBRY devices and support other devices/platforms at the same time. which would then a separate line of business for BBRY.

Or acquire such a company for now and make it exclusive for BB phones/devices? get all BB customers back and move forward from there.

carrier in US right now worth much more than BB in term market value

and start up mobile carrier will be demolish by the competition.
    Last edited by garnok; 07-21-13 at 05:59 AM.
    07-21-13 05:46 AM
    You have a good point in that BIS send data like BBM across data networks, so why not send voice too? If BlackBerry can manage to sell phones without a voice plan and all your calls and texts will be through BBM and BBM is cross platform you can practically call anyone. Basically a mobile VOIP device.

But of course the carriers will never agree to this. They know we don't need a voice plan. Voice plan will go away like texting plans. But they're going to charge you as much as they can for anything for as long as they can.
    07-21-13 10:29 AM
    That three billion in cash wouldn't even begin to get you to the table as a mobile carrier. Between spectrum, agreements, it's just a terrible idea.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:14 AM
    If this was possible I'm pretty sure Apple and Google would have already done it given the cash they have.

Posted via Z10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-21-13 11:17 AM
    If this was possible I'm pretty sure Apple and Google would have already done it given the cash they have.
    Check out Google's balloon project, a daring and innovative approach to the same problem.
    Loon for All ? Project Loon ? Google
    07-21-13 11:37 AM
    Check out Google's balloon project, a daring and innovative approach to the same problem.
    Loon for All ? Project Loon ? Google
    Definitely an interesting project but I don't think that's what the OP was talking about.

Posted via Z10
    07-21-13 11:59 AM

Posted via Z10
    What about anti-trust issues?

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-21-13 01:02 PM
    What about anti-trust issues?

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Well as much as I would like to think apple and Google abide by those laws, I'm sure they would find a work around and some loophole they would lobby for. Big corps are in charge in America....thats the reality.

Posted via Z10
    07-21-13 01:35 PM

So what can BBRY do now?

Just my Thoughts ......

Nice idea but a more basic approach of building a good device and properly advertising the device would be the first step before your plan. Your plan is somewhat expensive.
    07-21-13 02:42 PM
    We need a thread where people can discuss ways for BlackBerry to blow their limited money on hair brain schemes.
    Sorry but with all the talk of buying apps to paying devs and now this its getting to be a bit much.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:49 PM
    Man just bad bad negative BB talk. Trolls....

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-21-13 04:00 PM
    07-21-13 04:47 PM