So here is my personal story.

Feb 5th, the launch date of the Z10, I lined up with everyone else in the morning and purchased Z10a. I call it Z10a because i've received multiple handsets since.

So I take the phone home and all seems well, in April I realized the front camera was not being recognized, it just showed a bunch of horizontal lines. I called Rogers and they offered to ship me what would be Z10b. I advised them that I would be travelling and would be out of the country for a while so I couldn't guarantee returning Z10a before I returned, and the rep assured me "No problem sir, the 649.99 will be billed but when you get back if you return the phone it will be reversed." I recieved the phone and left for Texas where I unfortunately had Z10b stolen from me. When I came back sure enough Z10a was still there, so I figured I might as well keep it as I was going to repurchase the same phone anyway.

Only problem being that Z10a is still defective. I called rogers a week ago and told them I still need a replacement as I will be travelling soon, and they shipped out Z10c, which arrived promptly on Friday Jul. 19th.

Z10c does not have a functioning microphone. The Mic works if the device is on Speakerphone but otherwise nada.

I called Rogers friday at night, after having 2 broken handsets mailed to me, and being in a hurry for a new one before my next trip.

The rep informed me there is a return procedure where I get a replacement in store which sounded appealing, but no stores HAVE the z10 for replacement reasons.

I suggested one of two options to Rogers, first one was you compensate me for the first phone and I send you back this broken z10 which doesnt work, they said no.

My second suggestion was fair IMO. I suggested I cancel my 6 month old line (AT ROGERS EXPENSE) and sign up for a new one over the phone, and I could walk into a store and buy a new z10, and then when they recieve Z10a and Z10c they can credit me the balance.

They told me they couldnt do that because part of the cost of cancelling the line is the subsidization for a working handset which I get to keep. I reminded them I did NOT get a working handset and I didnt want to keep it, to which they replied that its BlackBerry I need to confront and theyre the only ones who can help me.

I am sitting here wondering what to do, I have been lied to. I signed up for a 3 year contract under the assumption Rogers would give me a working phone out of the box, and that if in the first year I had any issues they would fix them.

They are offering me the same service as Z10b which because of THEIR mistakes costed me 649+tax the first time.Then they proceed to tell me I can get a loaner nokia for 4-6 weeks while the problem is looked over.

I am leaving for work very soon, I do not know how the two companies can exist like this playing the blame game, but BLACKBERRY OR ROGERS, ONE OF YOU NEEDS TO ABSORB MY CANCELLATION COSTS ASAP SO I CAN BUY ANOTHER Z10, STOP GIVING PEOPLE REASONS TO JUMP SHIP.

If I signed up for 3 years with the intent of using a z10, I dont want a nokia loaner, and im certainly not settling on another mail swap after the first mix up that costed me big.

Its been about six months and I have NOT ONCE had a fully working z10. Whats going on?
    07-20-13 05:17 PM
    Call loyalty and retention at rogers, it will be a 2 hour phone call but should fix your problem

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    07-20-13 05:23 PM
    4.5 hours on the phone today and they basically said F U.

I have no options but to cancel, and I dont want to pay for the phone subsidization nor do I want to keep the defective phone.

I just want to cancel and I just want to pay the rogers service portion not the hardware fee because I was NEVER provided a working z10
    07-20-13 05:31 PM
    I'm confused - can they not send you another warranty replacement for Z10c and have you send Z10c back, as you were supposed to do with Z10b/a?

It really isn't either BlackBerry's or Rogers's fault that Z10b was stolen - if you'd had insurance, you would've been able to get a replacement that would have allowed you to still send Z10a back and have your non-return fee refunded...

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME VZW STL100-4 Z10!
    07-20-13 05:32 PM
    The first time they sent me a replacement, I took more then the 15 days they asked me to return the phone in.

I asked them first, it will be more then 15 days cause ill be out of town, is that ok? and the agent assured me yes, so I paid 649.99 for the phone even though I didnt need it.

I still have the non working phone, and so I asked for a repair of it last week because i leave next week. They said ok, and shipped me a WORSE dud

MIND YOU BLACKBERRY THEY DID NOT FACTORY WIPE THE PHONE I RECIEVED, SOMEONES PERSONAL INFO WAS ALL OVER THE PHONE, BUT I WIPED IT
    07-20-13 05:34 PM
    Furthermore, it really isn't MY fault that they gave me a dud to begin with.

If you gave me a working phone the first time, I wouldn't have needed a replacement which got stolen which lead me to having an unnecessary extra phone, and having a soured experience of three faulty z10s and one horrible experience with rogers.
    07-20-13 05:36 PM
    What blonde said. You said you never had a working phone....wasnt The stolen one working?

Posted via Z10
    millerliteboy and WWBlondieDo like this.
    07-20-13 05:37 PM
    No, to clarify all handsets received have been defective.

EDIT: and I am aware what constitutes a defect versus me just being a perfectionist, cameras that would show rainbow lines, and a phone that doesnt have a working MIC unless on speakerphone etc.

I've tried multiple os's, leaks, official pushed ones, nothing will remedy the mic.
    07-20-13 05:41 PM
    Call loyalty and retention at rogers, it will be a 2 hour phone call but should fix your problem

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    This.

Don't talk to the average rep, they can't do much and some take their job too seriously as if they owned the company. Loyalty are trained for specific customers requests.

Or what you could do is buy an off contract phone wherever you want so you have a phone for your trip while the other one is being repaired, and take it back within the refund period (30 days?).

About insurances, is their any in Canada offered by carriers? Never heard about it.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:58 PM
    This.

Don't talk to the average rep, they can't do much and some take their job too seriously as if they owned the company. Loyalty are trained for specific customers requests.

Or what you could do is buy an off contract phone wherever you want so you have a phone for your trip while the other one is being repaired, and take it back within the refund period (30 days?).

About insurances, is their any in Canada offered by carriers? Never heard about it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes there is insurance. Mine is $7 a month and covers everything even water damage.

Posted via Z10
    07-20-13 05:59 PM
    No, to clarify all handsets received have been defective.

EDIT: and I am aware what constitutes a defect versus me just being a perfectionist, cameras that would show rainbow lines, and a phone that doesnt have a working MIC unless on speakerphone etc.

I've tried multiple os's, leaks, official pushed ones, nothing will remedy the mic.
    The mic has nothing to do with whether you're on speakerphone or not - are you talking about the internal vs external speaker?

It's very unlikely that you've received 3 defective phones. The fact that you received one that still contained someone else's information suggests a Rogers error, for sure, since they should have tested the phone before shipping it out - BlackBerry would have nothing to do with that - and furthermore, if they left a person's info on the phone, that also means they never fixed that phone for whatever issue it was having (which may have been the result of a defect OR something the previous user did to the phone itself).

The $649.99 charge that stands because you didn't have a phone to return, however, is no one's fault but your own. You have to take some responsibility here...

ray689, habs_fan and millerliteboy like this.
    07-20-13 06:11 PM
    What blonde said. You said you never had a working phone....wasnt The stolen one working?

Posted via Z10
    This
    07-20-13 06:28 PM
    The mic has nothing to do with whether you're on speakerphone or not - are you talking about the internal vs external speaker?

It's very unlikely that you've received 3 defective phones. The fact that you received one that still contained someone else's information suggests a Rogers error, for sure, since they should have tested the phone before shipping it out - BlackBerry would have nothing to do with that - and furthermore, if they left a person's info on the phone, that also means they never fixed that phone for whatever issue it was having (which may have been the result of a defect OR something the previous user did to the phone itself).

The $649.99 charge that stands because you didn't have a phone to return, however, is no one's fault but your own. You have to take some responsibility here...

And also this..
    07-20-13 06:29 PM
    To the OP,

I'm sorry you had such bad dealing with Rogers Retention. They're the only reason I have a Z10. They offered my first one to me, and when I broke it they replaced it. They mailed one to me and I mailed the busted one back. Just that simple. I even got to keep the battery so I have a spare now. . Are you sure you called Retention? They've always been great to me. I actually got a call from them recently about upgrading my wife's 9900 to a Q10, but I'm gonna hold off since she doesn't want it.
    07-20-13 06:42 PM
    If I was Rogers I would think I was being scamed by you... besides your original handset you have 1299.98 in handsets that they sent to you... You have three Z10s (I know you don't have Z10b any longer buy that is not Rogers fault) on your account, and you want them to send you a 4th for another 649.99?
    07-20-13 07:15 PM
    I've worked customer service roles before. If you start with a bad attitude playing the blame game, no one is going to bend over backwards to try to help you out - it's simply going to be the official policy repeated to you over and over.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    07-20-13 07:23 PM
    I can show you two of the defective units right this moment, and no, I mean the microphone. Why would I fabricate a story if I was using my real name and information to contact BB/Rogers about the same said issue? That makes no sense, you're just nitpicking for the sake of it but whatever :S

It registers under voice commands, but not in phone calls, not on any os, leaked or original. I have no reason to create a story where I receive 3 bad units, I am not putting BB down, I am saying between BB telling me Rogers is whose responsible for some of these problems, and Rogers telling me BB is, the companies need some kind of uniform take on whats happening.

I assumed responsibility, i think its hard to pretend anyone else is at fault for losing phone, I am upset because they're flipflopping on their own policies and theyre telling me cancellation fee is mine to absorb even though since feb 5th I have not had a fully functional phone. Whether its because of BB or Rogers, I just want to cancel, I'll send them back all their duds, and i'll be happy to restart my contract with ROGERS again, but im sick of receiving defective units,

I am happy to answer any more questions. I have received assistance from BB already anyhow.
    07-20-13 07:37 PM
    No, I want to go to a store, give them a sack full of defective phones all which THEY provided ME, and in exchange get the ONE functioning phone I want. And yeah, great scam I pulled, except they have my credit card information on file.
    07-20-13 07:39 PM
    You can't cancel a contract without penalty, that's the whole point of a contract. You should be able to get a warranty repair on your current phone, Z10c.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    07-20-13 07:42 PM
    I know you can't, which is why I am asking Rogers or BB to explain to me why not

I started a 3 year contract, which means for 1, I am paying monthly towards subsidization of a phone which has NOT worked as intended out of the box, 2, I will gladly pay for my months of service used, I will even pay the cancellation costs for my service portion of the fee, but the hardware subsidy I want BB/Rogers to cover in return for their broken phones.

(Not intended at you) but I don't see what about this is so difficult to believe for so many of you?

And I AM a fanboy for the record, and this IS important to me.
    07-20-13 07:45 PM
    I know you can't, which is why I am asking Rogers or BB to explain to me why not

I started a 3 year contract, which means for 1, I am paying monthly towards subsidization of a phone which has NOT worked as intended out of the box, 2, I will gladly pay for my months of service used, I will even pay the cancellation costs for my service portion of the fee, but the hardware subsidy I want BB/Rogers to cover in return for their broken phones.

(Not intended at you) but I don't see what about this is so difficult to believe for so many of you?

They are offering to fix your problem by sending a free warranty replacement - THAT is why they're not going to pay for you to get out of your contract. If all you want is a working phone, and you would stay with Rogers, anyways, I don't understand why you won't just let them send the replacement... The odds of receiving another defective phone (or one that Rogers didn't repair/wipe/test) are astronomical.

07-20-13 08:20 PM
    Honestly, this whole situation has NOTHING to do with BlackBerry. I have friends who have gone through multiple iPhone 5s, Motorolas, Samsungs, etc, and they faced the same sort of pushback from their carriers. It's just carrier policy that they troubleshoot and offer warranty replacements NOT let customers out of their contracts once they're past the initial return policy period.

TL;DR - manufacturer defects happen and carriers NEVER let you out of your contract because of them. This is not a BlackBerry-specific issue.

kevin2b likes this.
    07-20-13 08:25 PM

Fanboy or not, it sounds to me like you have no case to stand on here. You should do the exchange they are offering. That seems perfectly reasonable to me, per the terms of the contract you signed in exchange for Rogers paying for a large part of the cost of your original phone. (the theft is completely unrelated)

What you are asking seems absurd, IMO. If BBRY chooses to help you out for good will reasons, good for them, but I don't see an obligation here.
    serbanescu and WWBlondieDo like this.
    07-20-13 08:26 PM
    Man, it's your fault because you purchased a BB phone. Thre are so many good alternatives outside and you chose BB? I am sorry for you.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD
    Tell that to my co-worker who's had to vist an Apple store three times for the same repair.
    07-20-13 08:53 PM
    Your situation sounds like a miserable experience. I feel fortunate that I have not had the issues of many folks. My Z10 has worked flawlessly (knock on some wood, wait, knock, knock.) I haven't even noticed but 3 random reboots in about 4 months of ownership. Hopefully your experience improves. I agree call loyalty and retention. It will take some time but they owe you a brand new working phone at this point of release of your contract.
    07-20-13 09:03 PM
32 12