Last night I was showing my z10 to my brother in law who had not seen BB10 yet.

He loved it and had no idea how good the new OS was.

His wife (my wife's sister) was tired of her andriod phone and wants a q10 like I got for my wife. She is now using a torch again until until she can get a q10.

The fact is, BlackBerry's image is so low rught now it will take time to recover.

I went through the same thing with Apple and it took several years.

Mac OS X came out and they had slow growth for 4 or 5 years until they really started taking off in the late 2000s.

BlackBerry has a loyal following, just as Apple had. If the products is good enough, and it is, the reputation will follow.

The key for BlackBerry is continued progress and continued refinement of their products.
    They need to first keep their loyal customers and then word of mouth will spread.

They do need more TV marketing as well, but no matter what they do, it will be a long uphill struggle but they should make it.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387, SDTRMG, hazarder and 1 others like this.
    07-20-13 12:49 PM
    i sure hope so because my Z10 is the best smart phone I have ever used. I can't imagine going back to Android, and I am just uncomfortable with the iphone .
    07-20-13 01:30 PM
    They just shouldn't die out hopefully. I don't see myself using any other device if BlackBerry fails to exist down the line.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    07-20-13 01:42 PM
    The fact is, BlackBerry's image is so low rught now it will take time to recover.
    They don't have the luxury of time. Blackberry management has another botched product release. Hate to say it but don't think they couldn't manage a lemonade stand properly.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-20-13 01:45 PM
    I also hope they recover: Z10 is a good phone but the negative perception out there against anything BlackBerry is very real. It will take time and I hope the company has the luxury of that: time.
    07-20-13 01:48 PM
    I agree, feel like they will miss a lot of people in the current upgrade cycle (have seen a lot of my friends switch from old BB's recently and move to iphones because they didn't know enough about the BB10 phones and also made their mind up 5-6months ago). Over time, hopefully, one by one people's minds will be changed.

Said friends above all were taken aback when they saw what the z10 can do. Awareness like that, particularly in the US, will take time-especially as they were bashed for 2-3years.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-20-13 01:48 PM
    They don't have the luxury of time. Blackberry management has another botched product release. Hate to say it but don't think they couldn't manage a lemonade stand properly.
    Right. I'm sure you, some guy on his basement can do better to save a multi billion dollar company.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 01:53 PM
    And I agree with the op, they may not have as much time as apple did to remain unprofitable but I believe if they could survive this long, they will another 5 years.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 01:55 PM
    Last night I was showing my z10 to my brother in law who had not seen BB10 yet.

He loved it and had no idea how good the new OS was.

His wife (my wife's sister) was tired of her andriod phone and wants a q10 like I got for my wife. She is now using a torch again until until she can get a q10.

I went through the same thing with Apple and it took several years.

Mac OS X came out and they had slow growth for 4 or 5 years until they really started taking off in the late 2000s.

BlackBerry has a loyal following, just as Apple had. If the products is good enough, and it is, the reputation will follow.

The key for BlackBerry is continued progress and continued refinement of their products.
    They need to first keep their loyal customers and then word of mouth will spread.

They do need more TV marketing as well, but no matter what they do, it will be a long uphill struggle but they should make it.

Posted via CB10
    This, great optimism that needs to circulate our community more often.

Posted via that z10!
    07-20-13 02:00 PM
    I agree with the OP. I have been a loyal BlackBerry user for 9 yrs now and everyone that knows me, knows that I'm the BlackBerry guy. I have mentioned this before in other threads but the problem isn't bb10 OS. In fact bb10 OS is a really great OS. The problem is most people don't even know about BlackBerry 10 and for some that do, they think it probably isn't very good because of the reputation of bbOS on legacy devices and all the issues it had/has. The most important thing for BlackBerry right now is to make sure that bb10 runs great and they continue to make it better. Also marketing is also very very important. But as the op said, as long as the product is good and continues to be good, people will eventually hear about it and word will get out and BlackBerry market share should grow. The best advertising is word of mouth. Always has been and always will be. The one thing about bb10 that I would try to fix is the tutorial. I find it to be very limited and just shows you how to get around the OS. They need additional tutorials to show the many other things the OS can do (eg: select a word to copy ect). Many new bb10 users get very frustrated because they don't know how to do some simple things. I find it takes longer for people to get used to and start to like a bb10 device then it does an iPhone or Android device ( because they all work the same way. Touch an icon, do what you need to do, hit the home button and repeat).

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-20-13 02:05 PM
    I agree with your statement 'continued refinement '! As good as the OS is, there are MANY glitches they need to correct. As another poster mentioned in this thread, I can't see myself using another platform & I hope they survive. Time is a luxury they don't have but also need for the masses to overcome the negative sentiment towards BlackBerry at the moment. Keep Moving...FAST!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 02:14 PM
    I agree that time is all that is required but time definitely is not on their side.
    07-20-13 03:11 PM
    In retrospect, it was probably to BBRY's advantage that the product release wasn't with a lot of fanfare and excellent marketing that would have led to greater adoption, because the OS took a few months to mature to a stable point especially with lack of carrier support often discussed in the forums. Imagine a wider adoption and greater sales of BB10 with all the major setbacks of reboots and various issues that plagued the OS before the long overdue updates came out, this would have been a major disaster. At least with the little sales done, it was manageable. Its left for BBRY to pick up the pieces now and forge ahead, no doubt BB10 excellent!
    Skyforever and app_Developer like this.
    07-20-13 03:13 PM
    All BlackBerry needs to do is break even for a couple of years like Apple did.

Were any of you Mac users 10 years ago?

Things were pretty bleak for them for a while too.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:01 PM
    In retrospect, it was probably to BBRY's advantage that the product release wasn't with a lot of fanfare and excellent marketing that would have led to greater adoption, because the OS took a few months to mature to a stable point especially with lack of carrier support often discussed in the forums. Imagine a wider adoption and greater sales of BB10 with all the major setbacks of reboots and various issues that plagued the OS before the long overdue updates came out, this would have been a major disaster. At least with the little sales done, it was manageable. Its left for BBRY to pick up the pieces now and forge ahead, no doubt BB10 excellent!
    Totally agree. As stated earlier in a different post, 10.2 should in actual fact have been the release OS.
    07-20-13 04:02 PM
    10.2 was good but then, ironically Mac OS X v10.2 was the OS that many first upgraded to. 10.0 had too many issues and there were still missing features in 10.1. It wad 10.2, Jaguar that really toom off among the existing Mac user base.

If BB10.2 has a significant upgrade rate among existing BBOS users, I think that will be huge.

The user base topped out at 80 million so in two years, if that userbase has dropped to 50 million but with 40 million in BB10, I think that will be good progress.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:09 PM
    I agree with your statement 'continued refinement '! As good as the OS is, there are MANY glitches they need to correct. As another poster mentioned in this thread, I can't see myself using another platform & I hope they survive. Time is a luxury they don't have but also need for the masses to overcome the negative sentiment towards BlackBerry at the moment. Keep Moving...FAST!

Posted via CB10
    What is the negative sentiment everyone keeps mentioning? It is more indifference than negative sentiment, it is a perception that it has nothing to offer that people, outside these forums, want. I love my Z10, but it is not connected to the people in my living like the other platforms are, those who go with Bb10 have to be okay that and with a promise that those apps will come (it might be this track record that accounts for the negative sentiment) .

I tried side loading those missing apps, it didn't work for me and is too complicated for the majority, I'll try again but will give up quickly as I have only a small amount of time to give to that.

Taking BBM cross platform holds the potential to bring BlackBerry into the fold again.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:21 PM
    Agreed even the numbers are low! The new and improved BlackBerry is now out of the gate and it's gonna get better from here!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:30 PM
    As dedicated fans of BlackBerry we will be the the hardest on them. We will want the sun, moon and stars from them. But they will take time to rebound as did apple. We need to be patient and help educate others on the OS and continue to beat on the door of developers about when they will create native apps for BlackBerry 10.

With much love for the Z10,

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 06:09 PM
    Off course it's need time to come back, I think they have to sell the bb 10 with nice discounts price to come more popular do more app, and they have to focus to teenager to sucssed, same as apple was do, they give for very low price and same time free to teenagers

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:39 PM
    The user base topped out at 80 million so in two years, if that userbase has dropped to 50 million but with 40 million in BB10, I think that will be good progress.
    40 million BB10 users would be fantastic progress. Most of us would have no trouble justifying budgets for BB10 app development with that number.
    07-20-13 08:43 PM
    The comeback will take time but hopefully it will come sooner rather then later. This new OS is so different from anything BB has done before which is great. Once the marketing plan for BB10 gets going full force as proposed (Phase 2) and people start seeing the amazing new features the phone has, BB will slowly start making it's comeback. Not to mention BBM going cross platform. All formers BB users miss one thing about the BB which was BBM - the to date best messaging app. Once they start experiencing it on there, iPhone, Android etc.., they may reconsider jumping back to BB and enjoying all the great things they once had.
    07-20-13 08:50 PM
    I actually think low initial prices would have killed BlackBerry. They needed fair market prices because those that were going to be early adoptors were going to pat full price and bargain hunters will always have plenty of low end crappy abdriods to choose from.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-20-13 09:12 PM
    BlackBerry advertise extensively in the UK on sky Atlantic pushing the z10 and camera.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:47 AM
    Just give us app like for example bank apps

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 08:00 PM
28 12