When I first got my Z10 I did the device switch on blackberry link. Everything went great, contacts, apps, etc, were transferred to my Z10, however when I went to import my contacts from my Z10 to my new SIM card, only half of my contacts were saved to the SIM. I tried this step again and same thing, only half would go on the SIM. I also tried to add the contacts to the SIM individually and it would not add them to the SIM. My wife was able to add all of her contacts on her new Z10 to her SIM. Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone have any advice to correct this so I can put all my contacts on my SIM?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 09:49 PM
    Hi tmt73,

How many contacts are you trying to save? and how many are saving? The sim card does have a limit, and it's not huge.. does you wife have considerably less contacts then you?
    07-19-13 09:52 PM
    It's probably around 200 and my wife has about the same amount. I had them all saved on my 9930 SIM. It saves them up to the letter M.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:10 PM
    It's probably around 200 and my wife has about the same amount. I had them all saved on my 9930 SIM. It saves them up to the letter M.

Posted via CB10
    Hrmm, standard sim cards had a 252 contact limit, I suppose it's possible that the new Lte micro Sims have have less available space for contacts, but I haven't heard anything to that affect. Saving contacts to a sim card isn't a very widely used practice anymore, so I don't know if it's come up.

I also know that the sim will only store one telephone number per contact, it skips any additional numbers or email addresses, and contacts with only email address will not be saved. So if your contacts are anything like mine, that could account for more then half, but I can't explain why it stops at the letter M, unless you are off on your count, and M is where you hit 252, or if the Lte Sims have a lower limit then that would explain it, but I don't know that to be the case.

Might I ask why you want to store your contacts to the sim? SIM contacts were designed for dumb phones 10 years ago.. it's never evolved to meet the PIM databases of modern smartphones. Cloud sync is the way to go!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:16 PM
    I understand what your saying, but I was just curious why it wouldn't store them all. I'm fine without storing them all on the SIM since I have them backed up already. Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:38 PM