Origami Browser is available from the app store! And its bl**dy good!
    07-19-13 04:59 PM
    Just downloaded...thanks for sharing...What is the grey box about 1/4" square in the lower right part of the screen though? Do you have this too? I set my permissions to Deny access to my personal info as I feel it is not needed to surf the web.
    Origami Browser is available from the app store! And its bl**dy good!
    07-19-13 05:08 PM
    Just downloaded...thanks for sharing...What is the grey box about 1/4" square in the lower right part of the screen though? Do you have this too? I set my permissions to Deny access to my personal info as I feel it is not needed to surf the web.
    It is a trackpad aka retro BB phones...go to settings and turn it off if you don't like it. Also, I would fully grant permissions to this app. There is a lengthy thread in the apps section in our PB forums that the author goes through the development of the app. He also talks about permissions...nothing fishy is going on here. Post in the official thread and he'll reply to you. He's very responsive and is an all around good guy (super talented too).

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...elease-809048/

There may be an official release thread since that one is listed as experimental so keep your eyes peeled.

Also, donate to this guy. This app just saved the PlayBook's bacon...
    yellowhammer and dmlis like this.
    07-19-13 05:54 PM
    If you do mean the scroll pad, then if you always scroll from that point you get two brilliant functions. 1. Never again tap on an unwanted link. 2. High speed scroll.
    Superb.
    07-20-13 06:47 AM
    Ooh, that is cool about the scrolling. That solves one of my big tablet browsing beefs.
    07-20-13 11:46 AM
    I am very happy to see this in the app store. I used it when the original thread was first put up and was shocked at how good it was.

well done!!!!! will rate and review for you
    07-20-13 03:26 PM
    thanks.

i will try; downloading now.
    07-20-13 10:00 PM
    Just downloaded and wow. Puts BB devs to shame. Totally ditched stock browser. This one is immense. Love the scroll pad very smooth and responsive. Just goes to show what a good devs can still do with a PB. Such a shame it started out life so under developed. Still a fantastic piece of kit just wish we had the developers making superb natives apps like Origami.

Get this dev to sit down and just keep populating app world with quality native apps. We will gladly pay for his redbull and caffeine hits lol.

Oh what could have been. Still this has given new life to my pb. One of the best browsers I have used on a mobile platform if not THE best.
    07-20-13 10:29 PM
    just downloaded the app yesterday. its pretty good. I really liked the addition of the scroll pad
    07-20-13 10:59 PM
    I don't see it on bb world.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-20-13 11:42 PM
    I've been preaching all that is good in Origami since I downloaded it.

Makes you wonder how a guy at his desk with a PC kicked all of BlackBerry's @sses and their millions in making a proper browser ...they need to hire him and maybe we stand a chance to get bridge back!
    07-20-13 11:56 PM
    Very impressed so far. I wonder what would happen or if he could develop a browser for the Z10. Would it be better?
    07-21-13 12:49 AM
    Spoke too soon. Origami wouldn't work with mytelus webmail.
    07-21-13 01:25 AM
    it doesn't work with the o2 website login page.

I don't care thoigh, I have been singing the devs praises since op about this and I will continue too, swipe gestures are incredibly well done!
    07-21-13 05:51 AM
    I'm going to check this out. Thanks for sharing!
    07-21-13 09:08 AM
    Been using it for a few days now and it is very good IMO
    07-21-13 06:31 PM
    Spoke too soon. Origami wouldn't work with mytelus webmail.
    Try playing with the settings and changing it to something besides the Nexus 7 as default
    07-22-13 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation, this is an excellent browser for the playbook!!! Much faster than the native browser.
    07-22-13 07:57 PM
    I think the Fast Browser is just a little bit quicker in rendering web pages.
    07-22-13 08:01 PM
    it's a great browser, at least something makes me slow down to sell my PB
    07-23-13 04:31 PM
    Merp23 Try it with booster mode on. Lightning fast. It does disable flash and javascript when on but if you are on a Site that needs flash and js just toggle it off again and it will reload the Page. Flying through pages at the moment.
    07-23-13 07:04 PM
    it doesn't work with the o2 website login page.

I don't care thoigh, I have been singing the devs praises since op about this and I will continue too, swipe gestures are incredibly well done!
    Agree, it's the only site so far to have a problem for me but even in native browser it eventually freezes, just origami can't get into sign-in at all, just "loading......" Tried other agents.
    O2 site is a cow at the moment anyway.
    07-24-13 11:59 AM