I cant live without the brilliant Blackberry traffic app that used to be amazing on my 9900. I obviously cant get it on BB 10, along with the rest of those who have complained about this in all of the threads here. IS there any possible way we can smuggle legacy bb apps like blackberry traffic on to our BB10 devices??!!

Maybe there are developers out there that want ideas for apps... Here is a great one. Just take the legacy apps blackberry is too stupid or too slow to reload and just update them to BB10. For apps like Blackbbery traffic, there is nothing even close to providing the same route/traffic avoidance, and people pay from $12-27 for mireo's app that isnt even close, so Im sure people would pay for bb traffic on bb10. I know I would.
    BanditK6 likes this.
    07-19-13 04:44 PM
    Traffic works on my BB maps app on the Z10? What was different?
    07-19-13 04:55 PM
    Couple things I miss: having two route options shown, being able to view future departure options (showing various travel times / arrival times / color coded for rush hour). Sure there would be more if I thought about it more.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    07-19-13 05:56 PM
    Couple things I miss: having two route options shown, being able to view future departure options (showing various travel times / arrival times / color coded for rush hour). Sure there would be more if I thought about it more.
    Amen
    07-19-13 06:07 PM
    Traffic works on my BB maps app on the Z10? What was different?
    Traffic on bb maps is pathetic compared to bb traffic in too many ways to list. maps is a maps app. bb traffic is an app that tells you exactly how long it will take to get from point a to b, and the quickest way to get there. It even tells you how much time it will take you at every time of day, so you can plan out the best times to travel in order to avoid traffic. It also gives you sideroad routes that bb maps doesnt even know about (or consider), so its really superior on all fronts over bb maps. there are a couple of threads on this with even more examples too.
    DocDRM and nah.uhh like this.
    07-19-13 06:51 PM
    I tried to smuggle it in. Got caught. Sent back to Mexico. Will try again.
    trwrt, EchoesFX and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-21-13 08:28 AM
    I suspect the answer is no to smuggling BlackBerry Traffic. I wish they would just create a BB10 version.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 12:00 PM
    I doubt very much you can smuggle any apps from os 7 or later to BB10. I used BlackBerry Traffic a lot, but only because the maps app was so bad. I find the new maps app to be a lot better and has everything I need. The only thing it doesn't have is the option to text someone to tell them how long you'll be arriving. Have you actually played around with it?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:15 PM
    I used BlackBerry Traffic a lot, but only because the maps app was so bad. I find the new maps app to be a lot better ... Have you actually played around with it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Ive tried and tried to get the current bb maps to do what legacy bb traffic did for me and everyone else on here that misses it, but bb maps is grossly inadequate for avoiding traffic, rerouting for traffic, and giving accurate estimates for sections of trips/routes at specific times of day. I dont need help finding out how to get from A to B. I need help getting there in the best/quickest route possible. In Los Angeles, that changes every single day, and bb traffic was amazing at finding the best ways and even adjusting real time, and rerouting on its own.

bb maps is pathetic at the things that made bb traffic an all time great blackberry app. I am still shocked at how blackberry is continuing with this incompetence. blackberry: wake up. Whatever happened to "keep moving" ? Either that, or tell us how to smuggle/update legacy apps like bb traffic to bb10 on our own.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    07-22-13 01:07 PM
    Interesting idea.

However, if there is already a free app that does at least half of what you need, there isn't a lot of importance for me to build for it. The problem is, it will be substantially less work for them to simply add the missing features, and once they do, I lose the potential income to a free service.

Thanks but no thank you Instead, I'd just recommend encouraging BlackBerry to expand the features.
    07-22-13 01:47 PM
    Yes, Ive tried and tried to get the current bb maps to do what legacy bb traffic did for me and everyone else on here that misses it, but bb maps is grossly inadequate for avoiding traffic, rerouting for traffic, and giving accurate estimates for sections of trips/routes at specific times of day. I dont need help finding out how to get from A to B. I need help getting there in the best/quickest route possible. In Los Angeles, that changes every single day, and bb traffic was amazing at finding the best ways and even adjusting real time, and rerouting on its own.

bb maps is pathetic at the things that made bb traffic an all time great blackberry app. I am still shocked at how blackberry is continuing with this incompetence. blackberry: wake up. Whatever happened to "keep moving" ? Either that, or tell us how to smuggle/update legacy apps like bb traffic to bb10 on our own.
    I see, I live in a smaller town where traffic isn't really an issue. I just saw they have an option to show traffic so I assumed it worked the same. It's too bad it doesn't work for you, but I do find the maps app is a lot better then it was on the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:48 PM
    KermEd - yeah, this is on BlackBerry. Did I miss something above? I was basically me-too-ing the missing features, but not suggesting as OP did that a dev should fill in the gaps. I didn?t list this entry on your thread where you were asking for app ideas, did I ? I need to wander back to that thread and add some other things. When I have good ideas (well, to me any way) I forget to search out that thread! I have one to add for sure - cross platform or HTML5, pitch me your link and I'll post it tomorrow, or PM if you'd rather I share it that way.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:38 AM
    Add Social Feeds to the list!

Posted via CB10
    bgregory902 likes this.
    07-23-13 02:19 AM
    KermEd - yeah, this is on BlackBerry. Did I miss something above? I was basically me-too-ing the missing features, but not suggesting as OP did that a dev should fill in the gaps. I didn?t list this entry on your thread where you were asking for app ideas, did I ? I need to wander back to that thread and add some other things. When I have good ideas (well, to me any way) I forget to search out that thread! I have one to add for sure - cross platform or HTML5, pitch me your link and I'll post it tomorrow, or PM if you'd rather I share it that way.

Posted via CB10
    Not at all rereading I think I misunderstood what the apps are. It's a cool idea.

I've thought about back porting some of the old rim apps. I'd have to decompile them though and it's a bit of gray area.

But reading above - a good traffic flow app would be sweet. I'd love it if they also fit traffic views in there for major cities.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-23-13 08:11 AM
    It was such a superb app. I couldn't agree more.
    I used to have the Blackberry Curve before joining Apple Land, but there is nothing, NOTHING that compares to what Blackberry Traffic did. It was my FAVORITE thing about Blackberry. I only happened upon this post because I was thinking about leaving Apple Land and rejoining BBverse but wanted to make sure they'd kept Traffic as good as it always had been, and now there is no point. I'll stay here in Apple Land until someone, somewhere makes a traffic app that rivals what BB traffic did effortlessly. Deeply saddened.
    02-11-15 06:26 AM
    It was such a superb app. I couldn't agree more.
    I used to have the Blackberry Curve before joining Apple Land, but there is nothing, NOTHING that compares to what Blackberry Traffic did. It was my FAVORITE thing about Blackberry. I only happened upon this post because I was thinking about leaving Apple Land and rejoining BBverse but wanted to make sure they'd kept Traffic as good as it always had been, and now there is no point. I'll stay here in Apple Land until someone, somewhere makes a traffic app that rivals what BB traffic did effortlessly. Deeply saddened.
    Worthy of ressurection.
    Amen

Traffic was IMHO bb's best app. Nothing compared.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-12-15 01:02 PM
    I was in love with BlackBerry Traffic too. I don't need a map of my city, just traffic optimized routes.

Since I have been using Waze I have not missed Traffic. It uses a very similar feature that shows 3 different route options based on live traffic conditions and I have found it to be very accurate with estimated drive times, just like Traffic. It also reroutes based on live traffic changes. Also differentiates between express and collectors based on traffic.

Plus it has the added benefit of notifying for cops and red light cameras.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-12-15 10:21 PM