07-18-13 07:20 PM
    Well ain't that a kick in the balls.
    07-18-13 07:27 PM
    Is this even new news?
    07-18-13 07:31 PM
    False reporting if you ask me!!
    07-18-13 07:38 PM
    Knox or not, it's still Android. Huge waste of taxpayers' money if these deals go through.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-18-13 07:49 PM
    So what it will take a while to roll out and the big thing for BB would be to get them to stay with BES10 as I am sure they would still be using some BB devices.
    07-18-13 07:55 PM
    Knox or not, it's still Android. Huge waste of taxpayers' money if these deals go through.
    Is that fact or emotion?

Knox raises the bar big time (good enough to secure the president's device IIRC), and specific Androids have FIPS certs like BB.

These ain't your grandma's Androids...
    07-18-13 07:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    But it's much easier for the NSA to "tap into"an android device! (lol). They can keep track of the people who are keeping track on citizens.

From Zed to U via CB10
    yellowhammer likes this.
    07-18-13 08:23 PM
    Where is Blackberry's sales team?
    07-18-13 08:47 PM
    07-18-13 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Especially since these agencies can get a Z10 for a dollar at Bestbuy.
    07-18-13 09:37 PM
    Where is Blackberry's sales team?
    Trying to climb out of the whole they dug. Reports are the ladder is not long enough.
    07-18-13 09:39 PM
    Not gonna lie, that was nucking funny
    07-18-13 09:43 PM
    According to that article,.. "There's an App for that. It's not built in like Blackberry's security. It "will be equiped with the software" Sounds like if the app or software fails,.. UH OH!!
    07-18-13 09:44 PM
    h20work likes this.
    07-18-13 09:46 PM
    I thought KNOX wasn't even released yet by Samsung. They put a hold on it the last time I heard. DoD only approved the S4 as Knox is integrated in that phone from factory, but the service is not up yet is my understanding.
    07-19-13 07:11 AM
    I wonder how many galaxy phones they're gonna flood up.
    07-19-13 07:15 AM
    This is not news, DoD especially has approved iOS and Android devices in addition to BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry can make money off of licensing for the BES10 servers.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-19-13 07:54 AM
    This is not news, DoD especially has approved iOS and Android devices in addition to BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry can make money off of licensing for the BES10 servers.
    Only if BES is what they choose to use for MDM. BES10 isn't an upgrade to their existing BES servers - it has to be a separate installation. This makes it easier to consider what the other options are out there. Is there anything better... no. Are there options that are "good" enough and cheaper... maybe.

Think it was a GIANT, HUGE, CATASTROPHIC mistake not to design BES10 and BB10 to be able to install on existing devices. BES10 should have been a simple update to existing BES installations, and capable of managing existing legacy devise directly! All BB7 Device at least should have been upgradeable to BB10 - there is no reason that QNX had to turn into a dual core, 2GB of ram power hunger monster. Just think that what they "produced" has encouraged customers to do some shopping around.
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    07-19-13 08:45 AM
    Only if BES is what they choose to use for MDM. BES10 isn't an upgrade to their existing BES servers - it has to be a separate installation. This makes it easier to consider what the other options are out there. Is there anything better... no. Are there options that are "good" enough and cheaper... maybe.

Think it was a GIANT, HUGE, CATASTROPHIC mistake not to design BES10 and BB10 to be able to install on existing devices. BES10 should have been a simple update to existing BES installations, and capable of managing existing legacy devise directly! All BB7 Device at least should have been upgradeable to BB10 - there is no reason that QNX had to turn into a dual core, 2GB of ram power hunger monster. Just think that what they "produced" has encouraged customers to do some shopping around.
    BES10.1 can be installed on the SAME server, it costs nothing, and you get FREE BlackBerry CAL transfer from existing BES5 installations to BES 10. There is NO cost to moving to BES10.1 for the agencies (outside of device cost)
    VeGiTo and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-19-13 08:47 AM
    Sounds like if the app or software fails,.. UH OH!!
    Well, yeah. But even knowing that risk, they're still making this decision.
    07-19-13 08:57 AM
    Well, yeah. But even knowing that risk, they're still making this decision.
    Knox is a huge step in the right direction, and FIPS validation is of course as well. The back end MDM securing the content in the secure container must also be approved.
    phoenix55 likes this.
    07-19-13 09:00 AM
    The NSA must loving it.....
    Microsoft, Apple, Samsung are the spy tools for them.

BB Z10 rocks.
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-20-13 12:27 AM
    Well I think this is bad bad BAD news. Android and iPhone are literally eating BlackBerry's lunch. BlackBerry 10 came a year and a half too late and the legacy devices couldn't hold a candle to android and iPhone.
    So BlackBerry should be giving z10's and q10's away to the decision makers in these big companies and government departments. Let them try bit out. I think the sales force and marketing department are an unmitigated disaster. And thorsten heins is not far behind. How these people where allowed to be kept at their jobs after the last share holders meeting is beyond me.
    This is a rudderless ship riding on the coat tails of a few hard working engineers who designed a new and great product in spite of pitiful management.
    Breaks my heart ot watch this.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:48 AM
    Well I think this is bad bad BAD news. Android and iPhone are literally eating BlackBerry's lunch. BlackBerry 10 came a year and a half too late and the legacy devices couldn't hold a candle to android and iPhone.
    So BlackBerry should be giving z10's and q10's away to the decision makers in these big companies and government departments. Let them try bit out. I think the sales force and marketing department are an unmitigated disaster. And thorsten heins is not far behind. How these people where allowed to be kept at their jobs after the last share holders meeting is beyond me.
    This is a rudderless ship riding on the coat tails of a few hard working engineers who designed a new and great product in spite of pitiful management.
    Breaks my heart ot watch this.

Posted via CB10
    Sad but true.
    The next two quarters won't be gentle to blackberry.
    07-20-13 03:16 AM
34 12