Hey

I'm a new blackberry user, switched from HTC One to a Q10 two weeks ago. So far I am loving my Q10,it is my blackberry dreams come true device, with a bit of knowledge on mobile phones, I have quickly adopted the new phone and its much discussed OS, learned sideloading and got most of the 'must have' apps on board, but, there are few things I would like you kind people to help me out.

I've found few bugs of the OS, nothing major and I do believe they are going to be fixed over time, but this one thing is really bugs me to hell.

After OS and whatsapp update, whatsapp notification count number on my lock screen is now locked to the number 1, no matter how many messages I have got, from whatsoever contacts, it will always display 1 unread message on my lock screen, after I read all the messages, the whatsapp icon does disappear from the lock screen, but when multiple messages came in, it would just show 1! This is driving me crazy!

I have done the device resboot, reinstall, battery pull, nothing hleps, is the security wipe the only option?

Does anyone else have the same problem I am having? Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Much appreciated and thanks! God bless all BB users

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:05 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Can you please advise your current OS version and your version of WhatsApp too?
    07-17-13 01:58 PM
    Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to leave the info here, was too busy using Q10 typing the message
    (found few typos and grammar mistakes on original post too! Still adopting

Current OS is 10.1.0.273
    Wahtsapp version is the latest 2.10.9689.1

I live in HongKong, Carrier is CMHK on 2 years contract.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 08:05 PM
    I got the same on Q 10 with 10.1.0.4633 whatsapp 2.10.9689.1
    07-23-13 06:58 AM
    I think I finally figured it out, well hopefully.

The notification number 1 means you have one or more messages from 1 contact, no matter how many messages you have got from that contact, if they are from only one person, it will only show 1 on the lock screen. But, if there are multiple messages from more than 1 contact, say 3 person had sent you messages, then the notification number will show 3 on the lock screen.

Very unusual setup, very annoying too.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:08 PM