The recent UI change to the Google Play Store does not seem to allow to download apk anymore with the apk downloader extension in Chrome....anyone else noticed that? Found a workaround?
    07-16-13 12:12 PM
    just noticed that as well. might need to use a different method to get APKs.

--fixed after logging off the downloader and then logging back in Cheers!
    Last edited by Charlie Thammavongsa; 07-16-13 at 12:33 PM.
    07-16-13 12:16 PM
    The recent UI change to the Google Play Store does not seem to allow to download apk anymore with the apk downloader extension in Chrome....anyone else noticed that? Found a workaround?
    Well considering it's technically stealing, than um yea I don't blame Google for blocking it. Just search for apk's online.
    07-16-13 12:16 PM
    Like anything else that gets updated, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the Chrome downloader gets updated as well. If it's that crucial to you, just buy a dirt cheap android device and use that, nuff of those out there.
    07-16-13 12:17 PM
    It still works for me. I have two plugins installed, one has disappeared, the other still works..

APK Downloader [Latest] v1.4.0 Chrome Extension (Evozi Official)
    07-16-13 12:22 PM
    Like anything else that gets updated, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the Chrome downloader gets updated as well. If it's that crucial to you, just buy a dirt cheap android device and use that, nuff of those out there.
    Don't even have to do that. Though I've never used the Chrome extension before to do it, the Bluestacks + Android apk downloaded app (forgot what it's called and my laptop died on me) should still do the trick. There's a thread with instructions in the Android Sideloading forum somewhere (sorry I'm being more helpful)..

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-16-13 12:25 PM
    Stealing is such an ugly word if Google really considered it stealing why would they put their runtime out there in the first place. I much prefer to think of it as borrowing what I need. In theory you could just root your Android device if you got any and extract / send the apk file to an email I guess. So it's only a hindrence for less knowlegeable people like me
    otothez and LP_Rigg like this.
    07-16-13 12:25 PM
    Hey folks, just log in and log out and it will work again
    07-16-13 12:30 PM
    Don't even have to do that. Though I've never used the Chrome extension before to do it, the Bluestacks + Android apk downloaded app (forgot what it's called and my laptop died on me) should still do the trick. There's a thread with instructions in the Android Sideloading forum somewhere (sorry I'm being more helpful)..

Yup, that certainly works as well.
    07-16-13 12:34 PM
    It is working for me but you might want to get the updated extension that was released today
    00stryder likes this.
    07-16-13 12:42 PM
    Well considering it's technically stealing, than um yea I don't blame Google for blocking it. Just search for apk's online.
    Lol... says the guy who offers up 'stolen' OS'
    Saint Kris.
    00stryder and Kyle27 like this.
    07-16-13 12:43 PM
    Lol... says the guy who offers up 'stolen' OS'
    Saint Kris.
    Hey now, I'm just saying, I don't blame google for closing a loophole. The android runtime was meant for devs who do a simple apk to bar port of their apps. Not for us to do it ourselves.

I'm sure once BlackBerry closes the "stolen" OS loophole, it'll be done with as well lol

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-16-13 02:13 PM

I'm sure once BlackBerry closes the "stolen" OS loophole, it'll be done with as well lol

Posted via CB10
    Unless, they don't want to... Dun dun duuuuuunn!

07-16-13 02:34 PM
    just noticed that as well. might need to use a different method to get APKs.

--fixed after logging off the downloader and then logging back in Cheers!
    Strange, that does not work for me logged out, logged in, uninstall and reinstall...
    07-17-13 02:41 AM
    I'am getting ERROR: Cannot download this app! 400 Bad Request .. Hm.. ?

Is there any other method to download apk's ?
    07-20-13 09:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why would BlackBerry consider closing off 5000 or more free beta testers. I realize we are not under nda and could possibly be hereto get our newest creation ideas but ho.eastly, BlackBerry gets a lot of benefits from us beta testers.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483, pin:2AC9A2F5
    07-20-13 10:12 AM
    Why would BlackBerry consider closing off 5000 or more free beta testers. I realize we are not under nda and could possibly be hereto get our newest creation ideas but ho.eastly, BlackBerry gets a lot of benefits from us beta testers.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483, pin:2AC9A2F5
    Several reasons, the two most obvious being that it gives away what they have cooking up in later OS updates before their ready for prime time, and (some) people who decide to install leaks do so without fully understanding the process and then complain to their carriers (or BBRY themselves) when they have issues.

It's not authorized software we're dealing with here, and as beneficial as the leak community has become, it does come with its disadvantages (I don't know how Kris has kept sane for so long...)

07-20-13 11:34 AM
    Speaking of, @Bla1ze, what's BB's position on sideloading Android apps anyway? Has anyone at BB ever "officially" addressed it one way or the other? Frowned upon? Look the other way...? Encouraged?

Just wondering...
    07-20-13 01:21 PM
    Speaking of, @Bla1ze, what's BB's position on sideloading Android apps anyway? Has anyone at BB ever "officially" addressed it one way or the other? Frowned upon? Look the other way...? Encouraged?

Just wondering...
    http://m.crackberry.com/alec-saunder...e-side-loading
    07-20-13 01:48 PM
    Interesting, although a 17-month old statement, still in the heyday of the PlayBook. I wonder if they still concur...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 01:52 PM
    Strange, that does not work for me logged out, logged in, uninstall and reinstall...
    Now I tried to uninstall and reinstall the apkappdownload but it will not let me install the plugin.

How to download APK from GOOGLE PLAY??

Help please.....
    08-08-13 04:11 PM
    use Real APK Leecher
    08-08-13 04:17 PM
    I'am getting ERROR: Cannot download this app! 400 Bad Request .. Hm.. ?

Is there any other method to download apk's ?
    Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm running into the same error.

With Real APK Leecher, I can login but as soon as I try to search an app, I get a connection error.
    09-13-13 04:12 AM
    It's been a few weeks since I used it, but I think that I remember if you "ok" that connection error you can still search and download using apk leecher.
    09-13-13 05:25 AM
    Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm running into the same error.

With Real APK Leecher, I can login but as soon as I try to search an app, I get a connection error.
    Make sure to use a proper GSF ID and not a device ID.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    09-13-13 10:08 AM
33 12