Steve Jobs had a Prediction when the iPhone came out, competitors "will" catch up to iOS

sadly it REALLY took 5 to 6 years for Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 to "catch up"

I'm not trolling here but, since both OS has "Catch up" with iOS, I think they have to make something out of the box for it to be revolutionary. or else it's just the same old OS clone and I kept asking myself "Why should I replace my iPhone since they're the same"

I think Kevin did the right question what "factor" will change your mind to shift to Blackberry 10, I don't have the answer, but I think Blackberry should work hard to find that thing.

those days when Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone it was "Revolutionary"

• it's a Phone
    • an iPod
    • and an Internet Communicator
    • Touch Screen without the Yeeeuk Stylus
    • it was nothing in the market

Unless my Blackberry can Pilot a Jaeger then I'm sold! ( yes I have a Jaeger LOL)
    no I mean something revolutionary that my Blackberry can be a Remote control for my modern home such as it can open a garage or something, open my door, dim my lights something so unique that's integrated with my home
    now I think that's revolutionary right? but that's too far away and impossible hahahaha
    07-16-13 12:06 PM
    They've caught up and surpassed iOS6, however iOS7 will put BlackBerry behind the ball again, until 10.2 drops
    07-16-13 12:09 PM
    To be honest it's fairly recently that Android caught up and surpass IOS too. When the Iphone was released, Steve Jobs said it was 5 Years ahead of it's competition and he wasn't lying. We are now starting to see other platforms that are better than IOS and to be honest, it was damn time.
    07-16-13 12:12 PM
    To be honest it's fairly recently that Android caught up and surpass IOS too. When the Iphone was released, Steve Jobs said it was 5 Years ahead of it's competition and he wasn't lying. We are now starting to see other platforms that are better than IOS and to be honest, it was damn time.
    I would have to agree with you at Android surpassed iOS in terms of Customization. but nowhere near the quality of security of iOS, I have to say the competition are getting wild and the road is getting narrow. Smartphones killed a lot of industry especially the iPhone, who lugs around a DSLR or digital camera anyway I think that's revolutionary.

Apple really needs to catch up especially with iOS7 not some rehash graphics or layout
    07-16-13 12:30 PM
    I would have to agree with you at Android surpassed iOS in terms of Customization. but nowhere near the quality of security of iOS, I have to say the competition are getting wild and the road is getting narrow. Smartphones killed a lot of industry especially the iPhone, who lugs around a DSLR or digital camera anyway I think that's revolutionary.

Apple really needs to catch up especially with iOS7 not some rehash graphics or layout
    The problem is iOS is just EASY to use... there are a LOT of people that can't handle all the customization and setting in Android. And sorry but BB10 is even more complicated, especially when it's almost a requirement to download a "leaked" OS to fix some pretty major problems with the OS. And when you try to explain sideloading to get an app that is missing... their eyes just glaze over.

Is iOS capable of doing all the BB10 can... no. But it can do what most people need it to do, yes - and that is more importation!

Anyone that believes that Apple couldn't release a more complex OS, with more customization and that allowed for multiply apps to run at one time... they are fooling themselves. I bet they have a version up and running that could do all of that - but they have figured out that those features come at a cost to battery life, memory usage, and user frustration.
    helio9965 likes this.
    07-16-13 12:54 PM
    All I know is if the A10 does not 95 megapixel camera capable of recording 4320p video and an OS that works off my thoughts (hand waving is for the unwashed) BlackBerry is dead to me

I shouldn't have to say it but this is obviously sarcasm
    07-16-13 01:44 PM

I shouldn't have to say it but this is obviously sarcasm
    Love the double disclaimer.
    07-16-13 01:50 PM
    The problem is iOS is just EASY to use... there are a LOT of people that can't handle all the customization and setting in Android. And sorry but BB10 is even more complicated, especially when it's almost a requirement to download a "leaked" OS to fix some pretty major problems with the OS. And when you try to explain sideloading to get an app that is missing... their eyes just glaze over.

Is iOS capable of doing all the BB10 can... no. But it can do what most people need it to do, yes - and that is more importation!

That's what makes Apple products so unique, imagine I saw a Grandmother in her mid 80's breezing through an iPhone and she said it's not that complicated. honestly I only tested Blackberry 10 in stores but whooosh.... I was confused at that moment, it took a lot of time for me to adopt to the OS.

I would agree, most of my OS are leaks on the blackberry, what gives?

Anyone that believes that Apple couldn't release a more complex OS, with more customization and that allowed for multiply apps to run at one time... they are fooling themselves. I bet they have a version up and running that could do all of that - but they have figured out that those features come at a cost to battery life, memory usage, and user frustration.
    07-16-13 09:53 PM