BlackBerry should take a loss and drop the price of the Z10 to 300 and sell it like hell.

This would get it into tons of hands. If it works more people adopt BB10 and when new devices come around they see them as more than the crap the media told them they were.
    07-15-13 11:09 PM
    Yes, and then BlackBerry can not cover its costs and when its cash cushion runs out file for bankruptcy...
    BlackBerry isn't Google. They can't sell hardware at a loss to rape your personal information.
    07-15-13 11:13 PM
    I just checked best buy after seeing a story on Fox Business about the Z10 being slashed in price so soon. AT&T has the Z10 for free and while Verizon has 49.99. That is not a good sign at all for the company and Thorsten Heins is in complete denial about the sales and state of his company. I think that there needs to be some major changes in Blackberry upper management!!

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.
    07-15-13 11:25 PM
    And car manufacturers should give cars away at steep 50% discounts to get people to drive them. Not a sound business plan...

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-15-13 11:25 PM
    The rational explanation for not dropping the price, is that consumers would perceive a price drop to signify that the devices aren't worth their money. It's a confidence in consumer sentiment, this is why they should have been priced better in the first place, did you know their are jobs that revolve around pricing.

At this point discounting of a product should be to make consumers feel as though they're getting it for a bargain, not that they're getting it for cheaper. Think of the people who bought the devices new, they're upset, this will only compound the issue. The cut should have been strategically set to incentivize sales staff to sell more, offer $50 to the sales person and a price cut of $50, that would serve as a better sales promoter.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:08 AM
    Are you asking for the upgrade price to drop or the MSRP of phone?
    Upgrades are about $50-200. How much cheaper do you want?

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    07-16-13 12:42 AM
    And car manufacturers should give cars away at steep 50% discounts to get people to drive them. Not a sound business plan...

From Zed to U via CB10
    I'd love a $14,000 Camaro.
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    07-16-13 12:48 AM
    AT&T store wanted my Torch in trade and $99.99 and my wife looked on Amazon Prime and found my new Z10 for one round PENNY!
    07-18-13 03:15 PM
    Just a matter of time before they are selling Z10's at fire sale prices, just like they did with the Playbooks. I've said it before and I will say it again, If the A10 flops, this company is in serious serious trouble.
    07-18-13 03:31 PM
    I guess the assumption is that price is keeping people from the Z10. Not sure that's the case. Around this time people can get an iPhone 4, 4S or Nexus 4 or Galaxy S3 for the price the OP is talking about. Not really sure the Z10 is really better than those when comparing OS to OS.
    07-18-13 03:53 PM
    I guess the assumption is that price is keeping people from the Z10. Not sure that's the case. Around this time people can get an iPhone 4, 4S or Nexus 4 or Galaxy S3 for the price the OP is talking about. Not really sure the Z10 is really better than those when comparing OS to OS.
    What's keeping most people from the Z10 is not the price, it's the stigma. Young impressionable youth want to associate themselves with what's trendy and cool. They are for the most part sheep. Right now, Blackberry is simply not cool. It had it's day, but that day has come and gone. It's about perception, not about cost. Androids and iPhones are perceived to be 'cooler' to own, and thus, people will buy them over Blackberry, regardless of price drops.
    07-18-13 04:06 PM
    Dunno why I am even bothering to answer this, is so obvious.

When a carrier gives you a free Z10 they get their money back in the contract. The charges will be higher,Probably for 3 years. When you pay something upfront for the Z10 your contract is more favourable.
    The carrier always gets their money back. Don't be so ignorant to think you're getting a free phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 04:14 PM
    FYI ... I'm not paying one penny more per month in my contract than I have for the past two years and my new contract is for two years. I paid $149 for my Torch the day they showed up at AT&T...so you decide if my Z10 is really only a penny. Seems pretty clear to me.
    07-18-13 09:24 PM