Hello all

Long problem short - My Z10 reboots itself every time I try to restore it from a backup.

Details:
    I updated to the Alpha 10.2.0.228 from 10.1.0.273 when it was out in the forums and was even able to restore from the 10.1 backup unlike some of the members on the forums who had issues with it. I absolutely had no issues with that from the moment I installed and restored. I even installed a couple Android ports and everything worked fine until I decided to try the 10.2.0.483.

I followed Kirs' instructions to the dot and got it installed and working fine (and thank you Kirs for all the leaks and updates, really appreciate it). The problems started when I started to restore my Z10 from the backup I created on 10.2.0.228. The phone reboots soon after the restore starts - to be precise the restore gets to 216 KB of what ever size the restore file is and then reboots. BB Link on Mac says that the restore failed because the device was disconnected or something similar. I even tried restoring the on windows without any success.

I tried reinstalling all OS' again and again - 483/228 and even the officially available 273, all the while doing a security wipe after every install :-)

So this is the looonggg story. I was wondering if any of you actually had this issue and managed to resolve it, or if theres anything I might have missed here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers
    07-14-13 10:10 PM
    there are tons of threads on members not being able to restore,(that is the same problem) please search the forum.
    make sure you are running the latest BB link, and understand that the problem does not have a simple fix, everyone in the forums managed to fix the problem through some method, everyone kept trying till they managed to restore,
    07-15-13 03:51 AM
    i never managed to do a restore!

tried like 100000 times to restore and nothing
    07-15-13 04:58 AM
    Try doing security wipe. I've had this problem exactly like yours but after security wipe the restore went well.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:59 AM
    1. flight mode = on..
    2. try restoring..if failed..plugged out usb from pc..reboot device..restart BBLink at pc/mac (* leave it at least 5 minutes whenever restore process stuck at some specific numbers)
    3. after done rebooting..check again..flight mode = on
    4. attempt to restore one more time..still failed??..errrr..
    07-15-13 09:43 PM
    Restore from an os that is different may cause incompatible data conflicts. Safer to just NOT restore but to go ahead and start fresh just like we did when we brought the phone home from the store. Kris doesn't restore. Ever wonder why? Now you know.
    P.S. Me neither. No conflicts that way.
    You're welcome,
    Steve

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:18 AM
    Same problem, I gave up restoring after installing the alpha version never succeeded in restore

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:14 AM
    I had this problem.
    Seemed to be randomly caused by a security wipe. On certain os, if I wiped I couldn't restore. Fixed it more than once by reloading the os, skipping bbid during the setup and skipping the wipe. I login to bbid after the tutorial. I've never had to reinstall link, at most I log out and back into my computer.

Edit: specifically, if you are running 483, you have to launch the autoloader after the wipe and don't wipe while on 483. If you do/did wipe while on 483, just reload the 483 autoloader, skip bbid during setup (login after tutorial) and don't wipe afterwards. Restore should work.

Also, if you have bbm channels, reinstall it before you restore.
    07-16-13 11:58 AM
    Thanks to the last post re installing BBM channels I was able to perform a full restore. That solved one problem, but I'm still getting reboots on. 4651. Could something in the backup file be causing the reboots?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:30 AM
    Adamuvv, if you follow Kris...He NEVER restores...period. Me either. Older data, new code, problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:47 PM
    If you restore other than Settings it doesn't reboot.
    I believe it's the Settings which causes the phone to reset itself (in order to read the Settings into Memory properly).

Hello all

Long problem short - My Z10 reboots itself every time I try to restore it from a backup.

Details:
    I updated to the Alpha 10.2.0.228 from 10.1.0.273 when it was out in the forums and was even able to restore from the 10.1 backup unlike some of the members on the forums who had issues with it. I absolutely had no issues with that from the moment I installed and restored. I even installed a couple Android ports and everything worked fine until I decided to try the 10.2.0.483.

I followed Kirs' instructions to the dot and got it installed and working fine (and thank you Kirs for all the leaks and updates, really appreciate it). The problems started when I started to restore my Z10 from the backup I created on 10.2.0.228. The phone reboots soon after the restore starts - to be precise the restore gets to 216 KB of what ever size the restore file is and then reboots. BB Link on Mac says that the restore failed because the device was disconnected or something similar. I even tried restoring the on windows without any success.

I tried reinstalling all OS' again and again - 483/228 and even the officially available 273, all the while doing a security wipe after every install :-)

So this is the looonggg story. I was wondering if any of you actually had this issue and managed to resolve it, or if theres anything I might have missed here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers
    07-23-13 03:37 PM
    Mine reboot and deletes BlackBerry World apps I've downloaded it is weird. I've given up. Just gonna get a q10 try to reload my data onto it copy them out and leave it at there! Wish password keeper can be restored more easily though!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 12:48 PM