I'm on orange uk and have been offered a free upgrade however following the problems they have had with their supply of bold's it leaves me with the nokia e71 which looks amazing any one got any idea if its a move that may leave me missing my curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 05:37 AM
    You'll definitely miss the BB, i went from a BB 8700 to a Nokia e61, then a couple other Nokia e-series devices before going back to curve ...

If its email you're after, there is NOTHING even close to the BB
    10-15-08 06:12 AM
    sam, I beg to differ. I switched to a Nokia E71 from a blackberry curve on AT&T and the curve does not even compare. The form factor is amazing. Browser is as good as the I-Phone. 3G never drops. Battery life is amazing! Natively the email on the BB is superior to anything but I purchased Profimail for the E71 and its a 3rd party email app. The email is instant, just like BB. People buy 3rd party apps for their berries all the time, so i found this for the Nokia. Not to mention a slew of free symbian free apps. Flawless streaming youtube, internet radio, joikuspot and oh yeah, Skyfire mobile browser- all free. The E71 is a great phone. I will still pick up a Bold but I looove this Nokia!

10-16-08 03:10 PM
    I'm using Roadsync on my E71 and love the instant HTML email on it, it's rendered more properly on the E71 than on my Bold, and E71 is FAST!
    11-22-08 06:56 AM
    Well I came from the e71 sim free to a bb bold sim free on orange so feel I can give you a good idea.

I've been nokia mad for years and nothing else has compared to them, the e71 is certaiy one of the best handsets imho they have released in the last couple years. Combined with profimaila beta which incledes imap idle its almost faultless. Battery life is excellent but when your running constantly on wifi, 3gn hsdpa, and bluetooth plus a few dozen calls it does take a hammering and hardly lasts a day. Knock it all off and your into 3 days without a problem but then what's the point in having all the features if you turn them off.

Downside although its full qwerty keyboard it is small and whilst I got on very well it does not compare to the bold keyboard.

I love my bold. First bb and I aint going back to nokia again for a longtime, my advice wait til they have stock, if you can't wait then the e71 will certainly be a good 2nd choice.

Anything else you want just pin me lol

11-22-08 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD