Windows is better in every category. I like my Z10, but if BlackBerry can't get up to speed with even Windows, I'll be better off on another platform. Maybe a Lumia 1020, Galaxy S4? I don't know. The app quality on BlackBerry World better get better soon, I really don't want to leave.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Joshua Ward; 07-12-13 at 05:38 PM.
    devin266 likes this.
    07-12-13 01:48 PM
    Windows is better in every category. I like my Z10, but if BlackBerry can't get up to speed with even Windows, I'll be better off on another platform. Maybe a Lumina 1020, Galaxy S4? I don't know. The app quality on BlackBerry World better get better soon, I really don't want to leave.

Posted via CB10
    Windows Phone has also had about 3-4 years on BB10 to grow their platform.
    07-12-13 02:01 PM
    Windows is better in every category. I like my Z10, but if BlackBerry can't get up to speed with even Windows, I'll be better off on another platform. Maybe a Lumina 1020, Galaxy S4? I don't know. The app quality on BlackBerry World better get better soon, I really don't want to leave.

Posted via CB10

What do you mean by even Windows.... probable has more devices running their software then everyone else combined. While Microsoft has fumbled the mobile market just as bad as RIM did, they have a lot more talent, a lot more experience, a lot more partners and a lot more money. And right now they are even selling a lot more devices. They are doing a very smart thing, moving to have one OS (or at least experience) for both desktops and mobile - this way they can try to leverage their desktop supremacy into getting a bigger portion of the mobile pie.

All of this means that without a doubt the Windows marketplace is going to most likely be better than the BlackBerry World.
    07-12-13 02:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    First of all, its Lumia not Lumina. And you can always leave. There is no obligation to stay. Get on board a platform that suits you. That's the main thing. Have fun
    raremage likes this.
    07-12-13 02:49 PM
    This again? This just never ends does it?
    Comparing a 3 year old platform to a 6 month old one...

Plus let's be honest.. what app are you really missing.. I think the biggest one that's left is Viber and that's coming native after 10.2 is released..and if it doesn't we have BBM going cross platform so I seriously don't know what people want or expect anymore.. give it time!!! when Windows started they didn't have HALF of what we have right now so be realistic.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    07-12-13 03:12 PM
    This again? This just never ends does it?
    Comparing a 3 year old platform to a 6 month old one...

Plus let's be honest.. what app are you really missing.. I think the biggest one that's left is Viber and that's coming native after 10.2 is released..and if it doesn't we have BBM going cross platform so I seriously don't know what people want or expect anymore.. give it time!!! when Windows started they didn't have HALF of what we have right now so be realistic.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    Maybe your right. I didn't look at it that way...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 04:13 PM
    There is no question that Microsoft has been pretty successful in landing big and medium apps. On the low end, though, there's probably even more garbage...
    raremage likes this.
    07-12-13 04:18 PM
    I am of the opinion that there is no point comparing the app stores. It all comes down to the apps which a particular individual wants and if they are so important and whether they exist on the platform or not can determine which platform is suitable for the person. Then there are other aspects of the OS especially related to communication, which can play very important role as at the end of day those are the ones you will be using the phone mostly.

Additionally, if you take into account the new sideload method, Blackberry 10 is much much ahead and more complete than Windows store. On my Z10, I have every app/game I need including all the current hits. On windows phone, there is no way to run those apps

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    07-12-13 04:22 PM
    Side loading is just a bandaid. I want native Netflix, a workable eBay app, native IMDB, Fidelity, American Airlines, native Garmin maps, ePocrates, Amtrak and Zillow. Before you tell me to leave, understand I carry an iPhone 5 as well and use it for everything but phone calls.

Say No to cyber bullying.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 04:50 PM
    Windows Phone has also had about 3-4 years on BB10 to grow their platform.
    You say that but that's not really a fair assessment either, they've only recently started getting big name apps. So their push has come over the last few months. Not to mention, not all WP7 apps necc. work on WP8 so developers are intentionally and specifically building for WP8. The first WP8 device didn't arrive until November 2012.

One legit argument to be made though, is that MS/Nokia are building a lot of the big names apps themselves.
    07-12-13 04:55 PM
    The Nokia developed apps are, for the most part, superb. I had two Windows 8 phones to compare and the Nokia apps certainly was part of the decision process.
    07-12-13 05:10 PM