Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the availability of Storyteller Audiobook Player!

Link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/21867598/
    Price: $0.99 US (on sale 50% off)

Trial version now available : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/32171889/

Storyteller Audiobook Player is a feature-rich native BlackBerry� 10 app designed to allow you to effortlessly enjoy your audiobooks!

Features:
    Auto-bookmarking
    It will automatically save off where you left-off. There's no limit to how many books it can auto-bookmark

Auto-resume
    Upon app restart, it will come back to the same book and bookmark that you left off, so you don't have to remember

Auto-sort
    Books with multiple sequential chapters are sorted in the expected order so that they can be played one after another without manually having to pick the right one after each chapter

Easy importing
    There's no importing step. It'll find all the supported files in the "books" folder and display them for you to select.

Formats supported
    Support for mp3, wma, aac

Album art enabled
    mp3 are parsed to extract album art/book images

Easy navigation
    Gesture enabled (swipe left/right) to quickly move from one book to another; tap on screen to toggle play/pause

Global instant search
    Search box conveniently accessible so that when you start typing a letter, it'll start giving you a list of all your books that match that search. In fact, that becomes a dynamic play list that you can then play each book in the result one after another.

Playlists
    There's a built-in favorites list so that you can easily play all your favorite books in a playlist. If there is a set of books that you like to listen to often, you can group that in sub-folder under the books folder, and each of these sub-folders will become a playlist

Delete supported
    Once you are finished with a book and no longer want to keep it on your BlackBerry� 10 smartphone, there's a convenient delete button available.

Sleep timer
    Fall asleep to your favorite books. Set the sleep timer to an interval of your choosing.

Bumbleebee Computing.
    Attached Thumbnails Storyteller Audiobook Player-1_img_00000055.png   Storyteller Audiobook Player-2_img_00000051.png   Storyteller Audiobook Player-4_img_00000054.png   Storyteller Audiobook Player-3_img_00000053.png   Storyteller Audiobook Player-storyteller-feature-icon-01.jpg  

Last edited by Bumble2000; 11-02-14 at 07:39 PM.
    fbloise likes this.
    07-11-13 06:09 PM
    Wow!! This sounds great!!
    Now does this help the audible-less crowd??
    What format are those books when you download them and can they be played in your App?
    07-11-13 06:26 PM
    Sounds great!
    Does your app support iTunes .m4b-files?

Greets!
    Chris
    07-12-13 08:46 AM
    Wow!! This sounds great!!
    Now does this help the audible-less crowd??
    What format are those books when you download them and can they be played in your App?
    @jaydee5799: audible books are in the .aa format and have DRM protection. Unfortunately we are not able to play these files (I don't think any players besides Audible themselves would be able to play it :-(

@FredLaBosch: I believe .m4b files are also DRM protected, so it's a similar type of issue.

Having said that here is a trail version that you can test drive Storyteller: BlackBerry World - Trial: Storyteller Audiobook Player

Bumblebee Computing.
    07-15-13 09:27 PM
    My m4b-files are manually encoded via iTunes so I think they are not DRM-protected. I will try this after work.

Greets!
    Chris

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:41 AM
    So, I finally tested your app with my self-converted .m4b-files.
    1) .m4b-files are not recognized by your app
    2) after renaming them to .mp3 or .aac, they are played by your app
    3) your app doesn't recognize the chapters which are set in the .m4b-files

It would be amazing if you could inegrate .m4b-Support.

Greets!
    Chris
    07-17-13 11:23 AM
    Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the availability of Storyteller Audiobook Player!

Link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/21867598/
    Price: $0.99 US

Trial version now available : Trial: Storyteller Audiobook Player - BlackBerry World

Storyteller Audiobook Player is a feature-rich native BlackBerry� 10 app designed to allow you to effortlessly enjoy your audiobooks!

Features:
    Auto-bookmarking
    It will automatically save off where you left-off. There's no limit to how many books it can auto-bookmark

Auto-resume
    Upon app restart, it will come back to the same book and bookmark that you left off, so you don't have to remember

Auto-sort
    Books with multiple sequential chapters are sorted in the expected order so that they can be played one after another without manually having to pick the right one after each chapter

Easy importing
    There's no importing step. It'll find all the supported files in the "books" folder and display them for you to select.

Formats supported
    Support for mp3, wma, aac

Album art enabled
    mp3 are parsed to extract album art/book images

Easy navigation
    Gesture enabled (swipe left/right) to quickly move from one book to another; tap on screen to toggle play/pause

Global instant search
    Search box conveniently accessible so that when you start typing a letter, it'll start giving you a list of all your books that match that search. In fact, that becomes a dynamic play list that you can then play each book in the result one after another.

Playlists
    There's a built-in favorites list so that you can easily play all your favorite books in a playlist. If there is a set of books that you like to listen to often, you can group that in sub-folder under the books folder, and each of these sub-folders will become a playlist

Delete supported
    Once you are finished with a book and no longer want to keep it on your BlackBerry� 10 smartphone, there's a convenient delete button available.

Sleep timer
    Fall asleep to your favorite books. Set the sleep timer to an interval of your choosing.

Bumbleebee Computing.
    Hi everyone,

An update is available that adds the ability to skip ahead/back in 15 second intervals. Just press and hold the forward/back buttons. This is great for listening to longer audio books that you want to scan ahead to the next section of the audiobook.

The trial version doesn't yet have this, but we're working to update that as well.

Bumblebee Computing.
    12-18-13 09:52 AM
    Additionally, a smart auto-rewind function has just been added in the upcoming release. Depending on the amount of time the audio book has been paused, it will auto-rewind (between 3 - 15 s) so that you can more easily remember the context upon resuming.
    12-18-13 02:17 PM
    Additionally, a smart auto-rewind function has just been added in the upcoming release. Depending on the amount of time the audio book has been paused, it will auto-rewind (between 3 - 15 s) so that you can more easily remember the context upon resuming.
    Hi everyone,

We've updated Storyteller to improve the BB10 experience. The following are screenshots. Additionally, a trial version is available

Sincerely
    Bumblebee Computing.
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_n0.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_n0-1.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_n2.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_n3.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_n1.png
    04-01-14 09:39 PM
    Hi everyone,

For this release, we focused on the ability to download high quality audio books and make that process incredibly easy to do. We've included in this release integration into librivox.org, which is an incredible source of books that have stood the test of time.

We have hand-selected 42 books in this first installment, curated for entertainment, educational, and inspirational value.

Here's the list of books :
    Huckleberry Finn, Alexander The Great, Alice In Wonderland,
    Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie, Art of Money Getting by PT Barnum,
    The Art of Public Speaking, As a man thinketh, Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin,
    Charles Dickens, Cleopatra, Confessions,
    Count of Monte Cristo, Emma, Crime and Punishment,
    Famous Men Of the Middle Ages, Famous men of Rome,
    Frankenstein, Hannibal, He who thinks he can,
    How to live on 24 hours a day, The human machine,
    Iliad of Homer,Iimitation of Christ, Kepler,
    Jane Eyre, History of Julius Caesar, Little Women,
    Mastery of Destiny, Meditations by Marcus Aurelis, Persuasion, Peter The Great,
    Picture of Dorian Gray, Pride and Prejudice, The Prince by Machiavelli, Romulus,
    The Republic by Plato, Sense and Sensibility, The Story of Lincoln,
    The Story of my life by Helen Keller, Ulysses Grant, William_the_conqueror,
    Wuthering Heights

We are hopeful that what we have added to the BB10 is of value and hope you will be willing to try it. And if agree with us the value please help us help spread the word :-)

Here are some screenshots:

Sincerely,
    Bumblebee Computing
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_v2_0.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_v2_1.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_v2_3.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_v2_4.png
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-st_v2_5.png
    04-14-14 08:38 PM
    Sounds (no pun intended) interesting.
    04-15-14 12:40 AM
    I can't for the life of me find a way to delete an entire Audiobook, just individual chapters.

Have I missed something?
    05-09-14 03:02 PM
    I can't for the life of me find a way to delete an entire Audiobook, just individual chapters.

Have I missed something?
    Hi Applabarry,

No, you haven't missed anything. We haven't added the ability to delete an entire audiobook yet. It's a very good suggestion.
    Just curious: have you tried the download books feature? Are there books you would like to see added?

Bumblebee Computing.
    05-10-14 06:54 PM
    Wow. That's a pretty fundamental thing to miss.

I will almost never use a download feature unless the app allows me to specify that it should use WIFI only. I download on my desktop PC, then manually transfer the files to the phone.

Cel packages in Canada usually include a very small data cap, and very expensive rates if you go over it. A previous audiobook app (Overdrive Media Player) consumed an ENTIRE month's data in one day when I accidentally set it to downloading an audiobook.

They had actually removed the "WIFI only" option from the app. And the app was immediately removed from my phone.
    05-10-14 07:39 PM
    hi,

I had some audio books that I got from iTunes, it has art work embedded which bb 10 audio player picks up as well as other numerous players. I'm having trouble getting this app to pick it up, any idea if I can place it somewhere so that the artwork shows up? Edit: not Audiobooks purchased from iTunes, just comfugued to play in iTunes

thx
    Last edited by san4berry; 06-25-14 at 04:08 PM.
    06-25-14 03:52 PM
    Hi,

I've given this a quick trial on a Q10, but a couple of things are dealbreakers so far:

1) the pause / play button doesn't pause or play. Is this related to it being a trial version?

2) the sleep timer is a one-shot timer. If I set a 15 minute timer, it matures and the book is paused, I want to be able to hit play and have another bite of the cherry, without navigating through the menus to kick off another 15 minute period

Am I missing a setting or hitting a limitation of the trial version in either of these two cases?

EDIT TO ADD: easy to complain, but I should mention that I like how clean the interface is and appreciate being able to access a trial version - thanks to the authors for that.

Ta

S
    08-17-14 07:28 AM
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let the good folks here at Crackberry, that we have an update version of Storyteller:
    - UI updated to use Cascades.
    - Added support for m4b (non-DRM)
    - Added integrated ability to download 1200+ free audio books. The download will check for cellular connection before downloading and prompt to confirm.
    - Curated listed of 30+ all time great books.
    - Updated delete function with ability to delete one chapter or whole book

And it's Built-for-Blackberry certified :-)

BumbleBee Computing
    Storyteller Audiobook Player-img_20141021_202109.pngStoryteller Audiobook Player-img_20141021_202121.pngStoryteller Audiobook Player-img_20141021_202134.pngStoryteller Audiobook Player-img_20141021_202158.pngStoryteller Audiobook Player-img_20141021_202307.pngStoryteller Audiobook Player-img_20141021_203043.png
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-14 07:37 PM
    Can you please add the ability to change the playback speed?
    Depends on the contents (ie. Language studying materials) people would want to either slow down or speed up the playback
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    01-01-15 07:47 PM
    This is one of the worst apps ever. So many issues with it.

Here the most annoying of them:
    1. apps start playing every time I connect my headphones audio jack
    2. when I want to play music, the Storyteller app starts again playing. I have to completely shut it down if I want to listen music
    3. it jumps from one audio file to another - for so many time I have to go manually and try a couple of audio files until I get to the one I played last. It's a real pain because for so many time I don't know where I was so I have to loose a lot of time
    4. the app renames the audio files for whatever reason so there is always a chance it's gonna play in wrong order
    5. the player should stop when I take off the headphones jack but it doesn't - makes me feel uncomfortable when I'm in public and my phone plays suddenly out loud an audio book. Happened in the elevator at work for a couple of times. Make me stop using Storyteller when I go to the office...

I have a Q10 running 10.2. I always update Storyteller hoping for bug fixes but it never gets better :|

This is the most messed up I ever had. Top of that is not free.
    02-11-15 07:54 AM