This is an FYI, if you people aren't aware of a new current issue. I'm on TMO so I am not sure if this issue affects other carriers or the Q10.

If you have your web browser set to 'desktop mode' within setting->developer tools-> in the browser app, you will have a potential issue while on 3/4G.

A change was made on either TMO or BB. Basically, if your browser is on desktop mode, TMO will think your are surfing the web from a computer/tablet via the Mobile Hotspot option and eventually any web surfing/downloading from the Z10 browser will start to eat away at your 500mb hotspot plan. After that, all web browsing requests will go to the tmo upsale webpage asking you to upgrade to a higher tier hotspot account and all surfing will stop while on 3G/4G. The fix is to turn off the browser desktop mode. I called TMO and opened a case. I complained and they upgraded me to the 2.5G hotspot plan for the month and will credit me $10. This is something new because my billing cycle just restarted today and before my plan recycled I did 35 gigs of downloading from my Z10 browser on desktop mode on 4G.

The reason I complained was that I am going on vacation tomorrow and I was planning on working from the truck while we drive 5 hrs to our destination. And since their screw up, I won't be able to use the Mobile Hotspot since my 500 megs are gone and I wasn't going to pay to upgrade on their screw up.

You can check your stats on the TMO My account app. Start surfing the web on 4G with desktop mode on and see if you start to see the MB's increase under the Hotspot account section.
    lactose likes this.
    07-11-13 01:41 PM
    This is an FYI, if you people aren't aware of a new current issue. I'm on TMO so I am not sure if this issue affects other carriers or the Q10.

If you have your web browser set to 'desktop mode' within setting->developer tools-> in the browser app, you will have a potential issue while on 3/4G.

A change was made on either TMO or BB. Basically, if your browser is on desktop mode, TMO will think your are surfing the web from a computer/tablet via the Mobile Hotspot option and eventually any web surfing/downloading from the Z10 browser will start to eat away at your 500mb hotspot plan. After that, all web browsing requests will go to the tmo upsale webpage asking you to upgrade to a higher tier hotspot account and all surfing will stop while on 3G/4G. The fix is to turn off the browser desktop mode. I called TMO and opened a case. I complained and they upgraded me to the 2.5G hotspot plan for the month and will credit me $10. This is something new because my billing cycle just restarted today and before my plan recycled I did 35 gigs of downloading from my Z10 browser on desktop mode on 4G.

The reason I complained was that I am going on vacation tomorrow and I was planning on working from the truck while we drive 5 hrs to our destination. And since their screw up, I won't be able to use the Mobile Hotspot since my 500 megs are gone and I wasn't going to pay to upgrade on their screw up.

You can check your stats on the TMO My account app. Start surfing the web on 4G with desktop mode on and see if you start to see the MB's increase under the Hotspot account section.
    Sounds like a glitch on TMO part
    07-11-13 02:04 PM
    That is really odd. First time i hear this. Um I will have to look into my account for this. Whats your OS?
    07-11-13 02:16 PM
    That is really odd. First time i hear this. Um I will have to look into my account for this. Whats your OS?
    The BB tmo support guy said they are starting to get a lot of calls since I called this am for the same issue. The guy blamed BB on the glitch on how they report back to TMO on the web surfing activity and they must of made a change on their side. I'm sure both sides are going to blame one another.

I have version stl100-3 10.1.0.2006
    07-11-13 02:27 PM
    35gb of downloading jesus mary joseph allah what the heck are you doing.
    07-11-13 03:35 PM
    The BB tmo support guy said they are starting to get a lot of calls since I called this am for the same issue. The guy blamed BB on the glitch on how they report back to TMO on the web surfing activity and they must of made a change on their side. I'm sure both sides are going to blame one another.

I have version stl100-3 10.1.0.2006
    I could see how both side of the matter is possible.

But then wouldn't it also happen to android phones with the same feature enabled?

There are really limited amount of things I can look into but I'll check some other people
    07-11-13 03:42 PM
    35gb of downloading jesus mary joseph allah what the heck are you doing.
    Haha, i download tons of movies and t.v. shows and watch them at home streamed via wifi to my Xbox 360 or my Dish Network receiver or hooked up via HDMI. Go to Release BB - Daily Source Of Awesome Stuff
    You will easily see how one can download 35 gigs of stuff in one month. All I pay for is $10 a month for a rapidgator account, so I can download multiple files at once at full speed. I download dvd rips, blue ray rips(mkv's) etc... Movies are anywhere from 700mb to 2 gigs per movie depending on what the source is (dvd, blueray rip, etc..)
    07-11-13 04:31 PM