I've noticed in the last couple of days, that I'm experiencing sudden battery drain and a hot to the touch battery. I haven't changed anything on my phone or browsing habits. I'm on the Bell network and I hardly use Wifi.

Anyone else experiencing this issue ?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:44 PM
    Any new apps installed?

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    07-10-13 11:12 PM
    I'm the same, except my phone doesn't over heat or get overly hot.
    Nor haven't loaded any new apps on my phone for a while.

But soooo happy that I bought the spare battery pack!
    Boo ya!

Proudly posted via my Z10
    Attachment 181373
    07-10-13 11:19 PM
    What I do is I restart the phone and boom, problem gone

Marketing is everything
    07-10-13 11:35 PM
    Probably just the NSA bots tapping into your video camera in HD. Nothing to worry about. :-|

-aBBuser
    ATMJOE likes this.
    07-11-13 12:06 AM
    Probably just the NSA bots tapping into your video camera in HD. Nothing to worry about. :-|

-aBBuser
    Unless you're naked with your mistress

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    07-11-13 12:07 AM
    Hi there.

Interesting to read this, as I have had _exactly_ the same problem (and still do..) - with my previously fine Z10 too.

My battery life has declined *significantly* over the past week or so - and drains especially quickly from 50% down to 0%. The device is also "hot" (warm) to touch whereas previously it seldom was (if ever).

The only difference in my case is that I already have the spare battery pack - and regardless of which battery I use, I get the same problem.

= Concerning

Anyone else experiencing this? I use the phone a lot.. but not for many calls. Also, I have (always) has NFC and Bluetooth disabled as I never need/use them. Also keep Apps etc. closed too..

John.
    07-22-13 05:48 AM
    I've been experiencing this over the last month. Battery drain, and lots of heat (40+). The first time it happened after I allowed my battery to drain to empty and my device shut off. I tried a whole bunch of stuff to fix it. I deleted apps, recalibrated my battery, switched batteries,rebooted, reset, battery pulls and nothing helped. Finally, I performed a security wipe and started from fresh. Thank god it worked! But exactly one week later, my phone was hot agian. This started immediately after I pulled my battery to switch to my spare. I did another wipe and it was fine. Now 9 days later I'm getting 38c. Again, I pulled my battery to switch to my spare and when it started back up it was warm and draining faster than normal. It doesn't happen every time I do this though. It's very strange and getting kind of annoying that I have to keep wiping my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:06 PM
    I've been experiencing this over the last month. Battery drain, and lots of heat (40+). The first time it happened after I allowed my battery to drain to empty and my device shut off. I tried a whole bunch of stuff to fix it. I deleted apps, recalibrated my battery, switched batteries,rebooted, reset, battery pulls and nothing helped. Finally, I performed a security wipe and started from fresh. Thank god it worked! But exactly one week later, my phone was hot agian. This started immediately after I pulled my battery to switch to my spare. I did another wipe and it was fine. Now 9 days later I'm getting 38c. Again, I pulled my battery to switch to my spare and when it started back up it was warm and draining faster than normal. It doesn't happen every time I do this though. It's very strange and getting kind of annoying that I have to keep wiping my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 12:49 AM
    BlackBerry top tier recommended to do a complete OS reinstall which is superior. All the blogs I read who did wipes were fruitless. This can be done by going to BlackBerry :

BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - Canada

My problem is my computers are too old for BlackBerry Link or even this proc�dure so I have to ask Verizon to do it. If that doesn't do it then it's a hardware issue.

Good luck and let me know.
    08-13-13 12:56 AM
    http://ca.blackberry.com/software/sm...erry10-os.html

This is the link which did not show. On the previous post.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:02 AM
    A couple of times over the last 2 weeks my wife told me her Bell z10 had this problem... sure as spit my Bell Q10 had the same problem at the same time. I usually last all day (and then some) on a single battery but whatever is happening will kill an almost full battery in only a couple of hours.

I suspect it's something Bell and/or BlackBerry is doing but I have no proof or understanding.
    08-13-13 01:06 AM
    Try deleting your email accounts and then add them back again. It worked for me when I had a severe battery drain on my Z10 a couple of months ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:31 AM
    Same problems here on 4G with EE in UK, started after last operating system update (10.1.0.4181). Battery pull seems to solve it for about a day, then the battery drops from 50% to zero in a couple of hours and Z10 gets very hot. Yesterday was OK charged all night, just a few short phone calls, no browsing, at 18:00 OK ( +50% ) at 21:00 - very hot, flashing, zero battery. What have they done to this update ? I run minimal apps and do not keep them running.
    Time for another BB update as it seems to be the same with the Q10
    Tried to check for updates - just hangs !! very reassuring.
    Last edited by keithhunter; 08-13-13 at 02:12 AM.
    08-13-13 01:50 AM
    Try to install a leak featured on Crackberry, the 10.2. Backup your SMS as you could have this issue. I did this, battery and the whole OS is so much better

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 04:59 AM

-aBBuser
    +1

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 05:02 AM
    I'm finding that my battery has been terrible since installing the Facebook update. Facebook chat uses a lot of power.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 07:18 AM
    My battery just drained in one hour was never used it just was in my side Pocket of my cargo pants got real hot.... this is the first time it happened....... any new updates on this

From my Z10
    08-17-13 07:00 PM
    I wonder if the swipe to unlock feature has anything to do with it
    08-18-13 06:51 AM
    I had a similar problem and narrowed it down to textnow and fongo. Killed them and after a reboot my CPU usage dropped from >50% to <4%. Both android ports (1 from app world and the other sideloaded) that would use notifications even without me starting the apps.

I don't know what your problem is but that was mine and perhaps this info help4m I'm running 10.2 btw.
    08-18-13 10:08 AM
    How did you find out what was draining your battery? Is there an app that tells you?

All I know is that if I don't get the battery to stop heating up and dying soon I'm selling the phone or taking it back.
    08-18-13 10:59 AM
    I still can't figure it out my z10 was running very well and then this no extra apps.. i wonder if it is my service provider... bell Canada...

From my Z10
    08-18-13 11:18 AM
    I turned off Facebook see if it's that I updated to new version.....last week

From my Z10
    08-18-13 11:23 AM
    Nope not it... battery is now less then 40% no calls no text nothing

From my Z10
    08-18-13 01:28 PM
    It's some app that you've given permissions too which is coded poorly and is constantly connected to location identification or Internet for example and thus draining your battery.

Delete any recent apps, especially any ports or side load and the issue should be gone.

Ps. Under location services, turn system services to both off.
    08-18-13 01:39 PM
59 123