How many LED lights are in the Curve 8330, I took the trackball out and to clean, and I only see one on the left, however my trackball light is very dim, and just wondering how to brighten it????
    10-14-08 09:51 PM
    There is only 1 led like you found to the left. I just got my order from cnn.cn in the mail today for my complete titanium case. Didn't realize how dirty and dim my old trackball was until putting the new one in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 10:01 PM
    I think their is only 2. One for trackball and one for keypad.
    Sorry no way to change the brightness. You might want to clean your trackball. Maybe thats what make it look dim.
    10-14-08 10:04 PM
    The track ball will always be dim bc it is tucked off to the left side. If it was under the trackball it would be much brighter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 02:44 PM
    Hey Guys,

My trackball has been progressively getting dimmer on my 8300. I've had the handset for about a year now.

Yesterday, it went really dim. I took out the track ball, tired cleaning the ball and the rollers and even the led (to some extent) and when I put it back together there was no difference. The ball hardly lights up at all now.

I have switched off the auto dim light function and even on 100 percent brightness I can't get the ball to glow to its former glory.

Do you suggest I get one of those trackball replacement kits or is there something else wrong? The led seems fine.

Thanks!
    11-20-08 12:28 PM
    The trackball is more than likely really dirty. You can replace it or leave it, up to you...
    11-20-08 12:32 PM
    Thanks SD.
    11-20-08 12:34 PM
    I replaced mine and it's SO much brighter. I think I am going to get a new trackball every 6 months or so.
    11-20-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD