Iv just recently upgraded from my bb 9900 to galaxy s4 and in all honesty i miss the efficiency of the bold but then people On this forum are complaining that the q10 doesnt have features that the bold 9900 had!

I take alot of notes and the notes i do take are very very long, and now with bb10 there is no memopad but bb remember hence Im wondering if theres a word limit in the 'additional notes' section in remember app. The s-memo app on the s4 has a word limit and my notes take forever to load up which is ridculous as the s4 has quad core while my bb 9900 has one!

Since iv been on the s4 iv joined instagram hence im wondering how well the android app works on the q10 and also google maps, another android port as i have read varying reviews about these apps.

Also is it true battery life is drained significantly due to thhese android apps i will be using.

Thank you to anyone who replies to this, i have 13 days to return this s4 so your super fast responses would be much appreciated. Thank you
    07-10-13 01:47 PM
    I just pasted the entire body of this article into "Remember" (additional notes field), TWICE. And it holds it all.

Thorsten Heins at the AGM: The message remains consistent | CrackBerry.com

If you need more than that let me know and I will keep pasting.
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    07-10-13 01:52 PM
    I've got a iPhone 4S and as soon as I get the money ill be getting the Q10! Look I know there is some problems with the phone but I know in time they can be fixed, reading these complaints on here( IMHO is nit picking stuff) I'm still getting the phone and I can't wait!
    07-10-13 01:53 PM
    I upgraded my Galaxy blaze for a S4, than 2 weeks later i repented and exchanged for a Z10. I got tired of playing with toys and decided to get a cell phone made for men.
    If you want to buy a toy for a kid...buy an iphone or S4. If you want to buy a cell phone for a man...buy a blackberry.
    07-10-13 01:59 PM
    If games and video is what you do, stick with S4.

If work is primary.. go Q10 or Z10.

Posted via CB10
    teafordgang and jaffna_guy like this.
    07-10-13 02:03 PM
    Moacirusa, i love the enthusiasm lol, thanks southlander for your efforts and everyone else the note issue was my only quarm.

Has any dealt with android apps on the q10? Addressing the second part of my questions.. Thank you again
    07-10-13 02:08 PM
    oh boy, here we go. toys vs tools. ugh
    07-10-13 02:13 PM
    taking notes: if there is a limit in the remember app, I haven't found it yet, but if there is one, you could always use docs to go-word.

instagram-works on the q10 fine, but when your adding effects to a picture, you can see the top row of icons, and on the bottom you only really see the name of the effect. the icons all work, they're just hidden by the picture (for example, to post a picture, you just tap on the top right of the screen, even though you don't see the post icon) I had never used instagram on another device and this was a non-issue for me, if your familiar with instagram I wouldn't think its an issue at all.
    Thinking of ditching my galaxy s4 for the q10, am i crazy?!-img_00000141.png

google maps: haven't had a need for it since BB Maps has worked flawlessly for me.

battery life: I haven't noticed a change in battery drain with instagram open
    raremage likes this.
    07-10-13 02:13 PM
    Tell you friend to hold onto his S4 till he is sure the Q will do what he needs.
    07-10-13 02:22 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:30 PM
    I recently got the Q10 and it satisfies all of my needs from a smart phone. I owned the Z10 and iphone 4s as well. I liked the Z10 but I found it to be way too big. This is the main reason I never considered the S4. The color sharpness on the Q10 is really good. Keyboard is also really nice. There's zero lag on this phone even with 8 apps open at the same time. Quad core or dual core doesn't matter as long as the OS is efficient. Depending on what you don't like about the S4, it would be safe to say that you won't really go wrong with the Q10 as long as you don't mind a smaller screen which in my case I can care less about!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:38 PM
    As others have mentioned, the things you value most will determine if it is a good,decision or not. If the huge screen and glut of native apps is important, then changing may not be the best decision.

Personally I love my q10 and can't imagine switching to,another non-qwerty phone, but if you put screen size at a premium, that would be the only consideration in my mind.
    07-10-13 02:45 PM
    The Q10 is possibly one of the best phones on the market for communication as well as efficiency, in my opinion. I have experienced both iPhones and Androids, and currently use an iPhone as my "toy" so to speak. The BB is a tool of the trade, but sometimes it's not a tool for everyone.

Your personal preference. My $0.02, don't listen to most negative reviews (and if you do see how bad the complaint is and how that function that isn't available will affect performance). In the end, the best way to tell if a phone is for you or not is to try it yourself personally. All carriers have a 14-30 day return policy, so if it ends up not being for you, then you can always switch back to your S4 or a different device.
    07-10-13 03:08 PM
    There is also notepad applications in BlackBerry World as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:10 PM
    I have a Z10, my wife uses a S3. She loves hers, and I love mine. It will simply come down to the features you want (like) most.
    07-10-13 03:24 PM
    I have a Z10, my wife uses a S3. She loves hers, and I love mine. It will simply come down to the features you want (like) most.
    Of course, personal preference is key. Which is why I told OP to try it out for himself and see how well it suits him.

For example, many will have GREAT things to say about the new BB10 phones, many will have BAD things to say. What you should trust most in is your own personal feeling on how you feel when you use the phone. Try it out for 1-2 weeks, if it's not for you, it isn't for you
    07-10-13 03:28 PM
    Keep your S4.
    07-10-13 03:30 PM
    I upgraded my Galaxy blaze for a S4, than 2 weeks later i repented and exchanged for a Z10. I got tired of playing with toys and decided to get a cell phone made for men.
    If you want to buy a toy for a kid...buy an iphone or S4. If you want to buy a cell phone for a man...buy a blackberry.
    Really dude? You and those that "liked" your comment, this is how you measure your manliness?
    21stNow likes this.
    07-10-13 03:32 PM
    If games and video is what you do, stick with S4.

If work is primary.. go Q10 or Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Oh good...the toys vs. tools thing again.

Played. Out.
    07-10-13 03:34 PM
    I've got a iPhone 4S and as soon as I get the money ill be getting the Q10! Look I know there is some problems with the phone but I know in time they can be fixed, reading these complaints on here( IMHO is nit picking stuff) I'm still getting the phone and I can't wait!
    You indeed need a Blackberry if you have such thinking..you will fit right in, buy a buggy phones and maybe it will get fixed sometimes in the future.
    07-10-13 04:30 PM
    I would

Skickat fr�n min ST27i via Tapatalk 2
    07-10-13 04:32 PM
    You indeed need a Blackberry if you have such thinking..you will fit right in, buy a buggy phones and maybe it will get fixed sometimes in the future.
    The phone is nowhere near buggy, scribacco. The phone lacks some features that past BBOS's had, but it works fast and fluid. I don't know why you chose buggy as the word of choice in your post. The OS is NOT buggy. Maybe lacking to some, but NOT buggy. Buggy means that it operates as a beta operates.

I had iOS 7 beta on my iPhone. THAT was buggy. Apps wouldn't work (apps that are supported on iOS, and even native apps that were made by Apple didn't work), apps would crash randomly, etc.
    raremage likes this.
    07-10-13 04:48 PM
    I gotta agree with Rudyalexc.. Q10 is definitely NOT BUGGY. In fact it's the smoothest OS given all the multitasking it's capable of doing.

Posted via CB10
    holly joslin likes this.
    07-10-13 04:56 PM
    Moacirusa 's comments were amazing lol. Thanks guys for your assistance i think it would bug me like hell if i didnt try out the q10, im goimg to call my network up n the morning. Also any users tried google maps on the device?
    07-10-13 09:07 PM
    Moacirusa 's comments were amazing lol. Thanks guys for your assistance i think it would bug me like hell if i didnt try out the q10, im goimg to call my network up n the morning. Also any users tried google maps on the device?
    I know there are some naysayers against BBMaps, but I use them just fine and it works really well for me. Google Maps might have to be sideloaded on to it.

Give the Q10 a try, and if it doesn't work out, you can always go back to whatever device you were on
    07-10-13 09:22 PM
49 12