About 3 years ago, I bought by first BB (Curve 8330). I loved it, but it was about the time that the iPhone was taking off and was offering so much more. I hopped on the bandwagon and bought an iPhone 4. I have been happy with that unit for the last two-three years. However, it was time to update my phone again and I made the decision to return to BB. I bought a Q10 on Sunday. So far, it has been fantastic. The swipe gestures and keyboard make the phone super easy and convenient to use. There are some things I miss from my iPhone and some things I don't. The apps aren't a huge thing for me. All of the apps I use for my law practice are available. I also have an iPad mini with 3G coverage in case I need it.

One issue that I am having is with texts. The issue is caused by my iPad. Most of my friends have iPhones. When my iPad is connected to a network, and a friend sends me a text, it comes to my iPad as an iMessage and does not go to my phone. Or, I text from my phone and their response goes to my iPad. I have tried turning off the send and receive # on the iPad, but that doesn't seem to be doing to trick as long as my iPad is connected to a network. Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone figured out a good work around? Do I need to completely turn off iMessage on my iPad?

Thanks. Feels good to be back.
    07-09-13 07:22 AM
    Hi,

I had the same issue when I switched from an iPhone 5 to the Q10. You need to disable iMessage on the iPhone and what I did was also to ensure that the iPhone is not logged into Cloud etc.

I also needed to dial *133# (Vodafone) to make sure the Q10 has been defined to receive SMS (because I had two cards). I am sure other providers support a similar function.

Once you disabled iMessage, it might take a while before your iPhone has been removed from the iMessage service.

Some people said you have to wipe your iPhone (Factory Reset) but I cannot confirm this.

Hope this helps.

Stefan
    theclipart likes this.
    07-09-13 07:30 AM
    Thanks Stefan. My old phone is not causing me any issues. It is my iPad mini. I still use my iPad mini. But, it sounds like we are on the same page and that I need to disable iMessage and not use it on my iPad. I will see if anyone else has experience with this.
    07-09-13 07:54 AM
    About 3 years ago, I bought by first BB (Curve 8330). I loved it, but it was about the time that the iPhone was taking off and was offering so much more. I hopped on the bandwagon and bought an iPhone 4. I have been happy with that unit for the last two-three years. However, it was time to update my phone again and I made the decision to return to BB. I bought a Q10 on Sunday. So far, it has been fantastic. The swipe gestures and keyboard make the phone super easy and convenient to use. There are some things I miss from my iPhone and some things I don't. The apps aren't a huge thing for me. All of the apps I use for my law practice are available. I also have an iPad mini with 3G coverage in case I need it.

One issue that I am having is with texts. The issue is caused by my iPad. Most of my friends have iPhones. When my iPad is connected to a network, and a friend sends me a text, it comes to my iPad as an iMessage and does not go to my phone. Or, I text from my phone and their response goes to my iPad. I have tried turning off the send and receive # on the iPad, but that doesn't seem to be doing to trick as long as my iPad is connected to a network. Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone figured out a good work around? Do I need to completely turn off iMessage on my iPad?

Thanks. Feels good to be back.
    Hi, you guys are probably affected by this:
    Apple doesn't want to let customers return to BlackBerry easily | CrackBerry.com

Just disassociate the appropriate devices from iMessage and you'll still be able to use iMessage on your iPad.
    07-09-13 08:16 AM
    Yes. What the previous person said. You basically have to log into apple site and unregister.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:36 AM
    Thanks again everyone. I will look into this. I am wondering if I have to dissociate my ipad as well. Seems to me that all I need to do is remove my old phone number. Hopefully that Article that jr4841 posted will answer my question. I don't have time right now to follow the steps.
    07-09-13 08:42 AM