Hey BlackBerry,

Just in case you were thinking about manufacturing the A10 with no removable battery...uh...don't. You have angered enough of your loyal base in the last few weeks here. We still care about removable batteries, especially with the just OK battery life of the Z10...

You already shot your toe off with the Q5. ALL BlackBerry Legacy devices, low-end included, had removable batteries which is one of the awesome things that set them apart from iPhone and certain Droid phones. That being said, if you are confident in your decision to make this a more premium feature, fine.

But DO NOT eliminate the removable battery feature from medium to high-end devices. If you do, just blow the rest of your foot off with a BFG9000. (Sorry, got DooM on my mind.)

In closing, I can't see why you'd want to remove this simple yet important classic feature. I can't see why ANY manufacturer does this, except for Apple, because...they are Apple.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    keyboard_cat likes this.
    07-08-13 11:03 PM
    Hey BlackBerry,

Just in case you were thinking about manufacturing the A10 with no removable battery...uh...don't. You have angered enough of your loyal base in the last few weeks here. We still care about removable batteries, especially with the just OK battery life of the Z10...

You already shot your toe off with the Q5. ALL BlackBerry Legacy devices, low-end included, had removable batteries which is one of the awesome things that set them apart from iPhone and certain Droid phones. That being said, if you are confident in your decision to make this a more premium feature, fine.

But DO NOT eliminate the removable battery feature from medium to high-end devices. If you do, just blow the rest of your foot off with a BFG9000. (Sorry, got DooM on my mind.)

In closing, I can't see why you'd want to remove this simple yet important classic feature. I can't see why ANY manufacturer does this, except for Apple, because...they are Apple.

I think it will be a feature in high end devices. also I suspect that as the bb10 os improves battery life will get better.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-08-13 11:07 PM
    And before anyone tries to debunk this....

I know that some manufacturers do it for appearance reasons as an embedded battery allows for more leeway on design...

...but this is BlackBerry. Not the "others". We are productive people. We get things done. We hold a device that has an understated, minimalist look, that feels great, is balanced, comfortable, and most of all - puts function over form.

If you want a pretty phone that is sculpted in an artistic way, BlackBerry isn't for you.

dalight13 likes this.
    07-08-13 11:10 PM

We hold a device that has an understated, minimalist look, that feels great, is balanced, comfortable, and most of all - puts function over form.

If you want a pretty phone that is sculpted in an artistic way, BlackBerry isn't for you.
    Lol. Enter the 9720.
    BryGuy86 likes this.
    07-09-13 02:33 AM
    Lol. Enter the 9720.
    Uh...any other enlightening remarks?

And with that are you in agreement with me or not?

I very much dislike when folks respond like that.

07-09-13 02:39 AM
    Fear not, it has a removable battery.

Posted via bb/cb/z10
    07-09-13 03:15 AM
    honestly i dont even think it matters to me anymore. After using a phone without a removable battery im almost rather not have it removable.
    07-09-13 05:14 AM
    As long as there is the ability to use an external battery (like the BlackBerry charging bundle) via a STANDARD charging port (usb) - well it's not that much of an issue, if the battery can be removed or not.

Of course, the manufacturers processes, for swapping out defective batteries; they need to be up to it! It can be a real pain, if the battery dies - I'm looking at you apple! FOUR months and my battery died! Ok, they swapped my ip5 out, no issue, but still: I'd rather just swap the battery!

It is for this reason I prefer my BlackBerry Q10 and Samsung GS4. The HTC One is a beautiful thing to behold but no way am I buying something without a removable battery...

That said, I think the industry is moving in that direction...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-09-13 09:24 AM
    It has been confirmed a multitude of times that the next all-touch BlackBerry (i.e the A10) will have a non removable battery. That's quite honestly fine, it will be probably be significantly bigger than the Z10 battery. Worst case, use the z10 battery dock and plug it into your A10 if you run out of juice.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 03:26 PM
    Doesn't matter to me anymore. That is a HUGE shift for me from just a few years ago.

I don't think it will matter too much to the buying public either.
    07-09-13 03:30 PM
    Those saying it doesn't matter to them...

I wish you god's patience when you need to send your phone in for battery repair and need to wait weeks.

No BlackBerry stores with a 123 fix like there are for Apple.

I'm sorry but this is one area I have an extremely difficult time being open-minded in...

...no matter how powerful they make the battery it isn't going to be better than swappable good batteries, such as the Q10 situation. And since this is supposed to be a super smart phone and BlackBerry implied the Q5 didn't have it only as a means to make it a low-end device, why the heck would they decide to go this route for the A10?

Glad I bought two Z10s. Might be my last smartphone as I refuse to succumb to this embedded battery trend, much like how I refuse to succumb to the Windows 8 "dumb the system down" (and consequently make the system dumb) trend.

07-09-13 05:44 PM
    well the people A10 is aimed at want removable backs and sd just like 90% BB users.The minute I see amoled screen im out/ It wont become my upgrade,Lucky for me the device I have and the next BB device in my sight are lcd.I dont care about the Q5 being non removable its replacing my ipod so same sh!t just freedom from itunes.
    07-09-13 07:55 PM
    Too many great BBRY legacy features continue to be lost as we move backward (pops forward) with os10.

It amazes me how BBRY is just becoming one of the rest and losing so many of the tried and proven great BBRY features that loyal fans love.

As every month passes and every new bb10 device is launched or announced, it seems that BBRY is catering less and less to loyal fans and more to droid / ios fans.

I for one want a removable battery and since the a10 sounds like it won't have it, then no a10 for me.

If the design goals of bb10 os simple to mimic the competition, then I guess it might be time to serious check them out. I am sure I am not the only one that is tired of losing so many of the great BBRY features that I desired.
    07-09-13 08:08 PM
    External changers are far less efficient than swapping the battery.

You only attach the "bundle" via microusb if you can't be interrupted.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:32 PM