I cleaned up my contacts using Contact X. I set both my Contact and Calendar Sync Interval to "Manual". This worked for about a month. But now I have 2x contacts again. Plus, Contact X is not helping anymore.

Cause: the jack-booted, heavy hand of VZN, RIM, and Yahoo. They are determined to get dynamic OTA SYNCING of Calendar and Contacts working, regardless of who gets in their way.

Random Reboots my ****, these guys got the stroke and they are gonna do whatever they want to do with our Z10s !! They are gonna get OTA SYNCING rite BEFORE they ever think about releasing 10.1 Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 07-07-13 at 07:32 PM. Reason: more iinfo
    07-07-13 07:26 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile, and the best solution I've come up with is to erase the sim entry for the contact. I imagine I would be screwed if I wanted to transfer all my contacts via sim card, but I'm not worried about that right now, and it keeps me from having double entries.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    07-07-13 07:29 PM
    Do this.
    They're Back: Multiple Contacts, Even with Contact Sync Interval = Manual ??!!-img_00000144.png

Note that I disabled the sim contacts and the Gmail contacts. The reason for this is because both my Gmail and Miners (school email account) account have the same contacts. This makes them duplicate....also I'd you did what I did which was import your contacts to the sim card then you get what happened to me which was, having 4 times the contacts.

So this should solve it disable sim and your next competing contact account.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:36 PM
    **** let me clarify that my miners account has all my contacts with emails and phone numbers and so does my Gmail account. And then when I imported my contacts to my sim so did the card and if you start linking contact so there are no duplicates. You will see a copy titled "local." so looking at the photo I am now only allowing my miners account to link with my phone and the other accounts like Facebook and Twitter just populate my contacts with their updates and ect.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:41 PM