OK, I am trying to set up my email options. My book say to choose the BIS option or BES option under Setup Wizard. The ONLY options I have under Email Setup are:

I want to use a work email account with a BES
    or
    I want to skip email setup.

WTF??? What am I missing here?

THANKS!!!
    10-14-08 03:40 PM
    Go to your carriers website. Login and look for bb internet email options. You can set it up there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 03:42 PM
    It should prompt you for both, just skip email setup. It will still activate the BIS and you can go back in and enter each email you want linked.
    10-14-08 03:43 PM
    Go to your carriers website. Login and look for bb internet email options. You can set it up there

Probably easier this way.
    10-14-08 03:44 PM
    10-14-08 03:46 PM

OK, I know this should prob. be a no brainer, but from my BB or PC? If from my BB, I cannot figure out how to access the internet. It showed a little symbol in the book, but I don't seem to have that little browser symbol on my BB.
    10-14-08 03:46 PM
    It is easier to setup your Blackberry email from a pc.
    10-14-08 03:50 PM
    OK, I know this should prob. be a no brainer, but from my BB or PC? If from my BB, I cannot figure out how to access the internet. It showed a little symbol in the book, but I don't seem to have that little browser symbol on my BB.

In terms of gaining access to the internet you could try this to get the browser icon. From your BB go to Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table>Menu>Register now.

You have a data plan right?
    10-14-08 03:55 PM
    I can go as far as Host Routing Table, after that, there is nothing.
    10-14-08 03:56 PM
    Oh, and yes, I do have a data plan. I'm sharing with the hubby, and his phone accessed internet just fine before he left for work (we just got them today).
    10-14-08 03:59 PM
    I can go as far as Host Routing Table, after that, there is nothing.

So if you press the Menu key (left of trackball) with Host Routing Table highlighted you get nothing?? With mine there is an option to Register Now.

If that's the case I wonder whether a call to your carrier is in order
    10-14-08 03:59 PM
    OMG...thanks, that helped tremendously. LOL. Didn't know to push that....sorry, my first smartphone.....
    10-14-08 04:03 PM
    OK, I did that, but it's still not doing anything?
    This thing is more of a headache than I thought it would be..........
    10-14-08 04:04 PM
    Hi

It sounds as if your blackberry data plan has not been activated yet. When it is you will receive a browser icon and an email settings icon.

10-14-08 04:08 PM
    Ahh...gotcha. I am on hold with Sprint right now to see wth is going on. When I activated teh phone around noon today, she said it'd be about an hour.
    So....
    THANK YOU, you guys for your help! You are helping my sanity greatly! LOL!
    10-14-08 04:12 PM
    YAY!!! I am complete! It was a problem on Sprint's end - I guess I am not completely crazy. YEt.
    10-14-08 04:26 PM
    Excellent, glad up are up and running

Now you have internet access you can visit the forums from your BB! wap.crackberry.com ( no need for the www )

Good luck

10-14-08 04:46 PM
    In terms of gaining access to the internet you could try this to get the browser icon. From your BB go to Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table>Menu>Register now.

You have a data plan right?
    God Bless You

worked like a charm

and i didnt have to start a new thread about this lol

06-03-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD