Has anyone here ever heard of Elon Musk?
    Google him if u need to. He's an inventor of many knowledge projects. Using them electric cars, energy efficient elective generation and of course space x space exploration.
    We should get him interested in reviving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 10:41 AM
    wow misleading title lol....let me fix that
    07-06-13 11:03 AM
    How would Mr. Musk benefit from this transaction?
    07-06-13 11:33 AM
    How would Mr. Musk benefit from this transaction?
    I'll be the to answer!

QNX!! QNX!!

QNX! could run Tesla cars and Space X..

QNX!!!

Disclaimer: these views are not necessarily the opinion of this station.
    07-06-13 11:44 AM
    Tesla cars and Space X are running fine on whatever they are running on right now.
    07-06-13 12:07 PM
    I was actually wishing the same thing. As a matter of wishful thinking, it's not about how it could benefit him. It's entirely a matter of desiring a CEO who bucks trends, thinks outside of the box, takes educated risks, and thinks forward.

Elon Musk is a "Jobs " type. He took over @ Tesla, and the results are beyond phenomenal. I won't quote facts here, because it's entirely too easy to find them for one's self. Just this one deeply embedded opinion: Musk/ Tesla has, almost singlehandedly, successfully breathed new life into a largely abandoned concept that even the big, established automotive manufacturers could not seem to do.

Maybe BlackBerry wouldn't do anything for him. But he might very well have the talent to do something for BlackBerry. Something like...oh, I dunno...make it the successful, competitive, innovative animal that it used to be?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 01:34 PM
    Tesla cars and Space X are running fine on whatever they are running on right now.
    Which... for all anyone knows might even be QNX in some systems. they don't have to buy it to use it. Just license it.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-07-13 08:28 PM
    I think BlackBerry is a little too small potatoes for Mr Musk

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    07-07-13 08:42 PM
    Almost ten years later, I agree with you. Elon Musk should buy BlackBerry!!
    01-01-23 10:26 AM
    if he was going to do his Elon phone concept he floated a while back, there's worse options to bring back than BB10. with QNX being Unix based, getting drivers working for modern hardware wouldn't be that difficult. And as BB showed, he wouldn't need google services to make it work.
    01-04-23 11:27 AM
    if he was going to do his Elon phone concept he floated a while back, there's worse options to bring back than BB10. with QNX being Unix based, getting drivers working for modern hardware wouldn't be that difficult. And as BB showed, he wouldn't need google services to make it work.
    You'd still be starting from absolute scratch, with no one currently trained to code for BB10 beyond a few in their auto sector.

All that for the privilege of being able to run exactly zero apps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-23 12:25 PM
    You'd still be starting from absolute scratch, with no one currently trained to code for BB10 beyond a few in their auto sector.

All that for the privilege of being able to run exactly zero apps.
    Yeah and 100% he would need at least another Android Runtime... so in the end why not just use a modified Android ROM?

BlackBerry didn't because Android would have been to hard to secure back in 2009/2010 when they were considering all this. That and they believed it wasn't too late for another platform. Today Android is secure, and several players have proven there is no room for another platfrom.

By all account even Huawei has really just made a version of Android...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-23 01:11 PM
    Rather than buying BB there's probably more chance of poaching John Chen to sort out Twitter for him.
    Paul Reichert and Tsepz_GP like this.
    01-04-23 06:59 PM
    Rather than buying BB there's probably more chance of poaching John Chen to sort out Twitter for him.
    Is this serious? If Musk wanted Twitter to enter a witness protection program, Chen might be an ideal choice. (Or take zero risks so his notes get paid off(?).)
    01-15-23 03:55 PM