Uk review of the Q5, enjoy.

BlackBerry Q5 review | Phone Reviews | TechRadar

Added another UK review of the Q5, enjoy.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/blackb...e-value_Page-3
    Last edited by keypad; 07-05-13 at 01:00 PM.
    07-04-13 02:27 PM
    Before I legitimize their article with a click, thus giving them ad revenue and a reason for existence, what's the overall tone and perhaps a brief summary of what the article says?
    gokulesh and trsbbs like this.
    07-04-13 02:53 PM
    Before I legitimize their article with a click, thus giving them ad revenue and a reason for existence, what's the overall tone and perhaps a brief summary of what the article says?
    Without looking, im gonna say couldn't be worse than the CNET UK review.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry_Pwner likes this.
    07-04-13 02:56 PM

Good performance, to expensive.
    07-04-13 03:00 PM
    The picture from the reviews seem to be that this is an OK phone... if it was �150 cheaper...
    07-04-13 03:02 PM
    It is 14 pages. This is the last somewhat uncharitable page. The bulk of the article is pretty much "Q5...Meh"

PAGE 14 OF 14
    Verdict

Once again BlackBerry has created a functional handset that offers up everything you'd expect from a smartphone. But the BlackBerry Q5 isn't overly desirable, doesn't sport the specs to make it stand out in its �330 (around US$500 / AU$550) price bracket and ultimately we fear the younger generation it's aimed at isn't going to be overly receptive.

We liked

Once again where BlackBerry 10 seems to excel is in the web surfing department, and while the BlackBerry Q5 may not be quite as fast as the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10, it still puts in a decent performance that it can be proud of.
    The inclusion of 4G and NFC in the Q5 are positive steps forward in both technologies as they begin to appear on more and more devices, and it's good to see another, non-flagship smartphone sporting LTE.
    We're still big fans of the BlackBerry Hub, and while its minor niggles are slightly annoying they can be ironed out in future software updates, and it's a great way to handle all your various messages and notifications.

We disliked

Sadly we're not sold on the chunky, overly plastic design that feels like it's been pulled directly from a BlackBerry handset from a few years back - and the extra girth makes it a little tricky to type one-handed on the Q5.
    The QWERTY keyboard itself is also a little bit of a letdown, especially after the excellent offering found on the BlackBerry Q10.
    BlackBerry prides itself on offering the best physical keyboards on the market, but the Q5 falls a little short of this mark, with small keys and fiddly operation hindering our progress.
    We have to mention the display on the BlackBery Q5 as well. We understand that you can't have a lovely big screen with a keyboard bolted below it, but in this day and age of big screened smartphones the 3.1-inch display on the Q5 just feels outdated, and it doesn't make for a great gaming or video-watching surface.

Final verdict

The BlackBerry Q5 is difficult to love. Sure it's got all the core smartphone features, but it doesn't really excel at anything, apart from perhaps web browsing, but even that's hampered somewhat by the pokey 3.1-inch display.
    If you want a great QWERTY keyboard device then spend the extra cash and pick yourself up a BlackBerry Q10, but if you're nonplussed on the whole physical keys debate then you're going to be better off with the Sony Xperia SP or Motorola Razr HD, which offer better specs, bigger screens and more applications.
    We can't help but feel the only people likely to seriously consider a BlackBerry Q5 are those yearning for a Q10, but whose pockets are not deep enough to afford one.
    The BlackBerry Q5 feels like it should be dropped down the pricing scale, towards the bottom of the mid-tier of smartphones - and at that price we could very well be recommending it, but as it stands it's hard to make a convincing argument for this BlackBerry 10 handset.

First reviewed: July 2013
    07-04-13 03:03 PM
    Good performance, to expensive.
    The only performance issue praised was web browsing.
    07-04-13 03:07 PM
    Quite critical but not unfair.
    07-04-13 03:09 PM
    Also these are the rating highlights:
    Attached Thumbnails An interesting Q5 Review-screenshot-2013-07-04-16-09-29.png  
    07-04-13 03:10 PM
    Other reviews are similar, the real problem is not the device, it is the price and that is reflected in the reviews:

If you’re determined to buy a BlackBerry, with a keyboard, but don’t want to break the bank for a Q10, buy a Q5. But if you’re simply after a phone for a reasonable price, hunt around and you can easily find a Samsung Galaxy S3 or an iPhone 4S for prices that aren’t too dissimilar.
    BlackBerry Q5 review - Telegraph

The BlackBerry Q5 has a bright, sharp screen and its physical keyboard will certainly appeal to dedicated BlackBerry fans. Its software still leaves much to be desired though, the app store is miserable, and at �320, it's not the budget BlackBerry we were hoping for.
    BlackBerry Q5 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

The Q5 is positioned as a mid-level device to replace the Curve and to attract those for whom thousands of rand more for a Z10 or Q10 is simply too much. The problem is, at R4 999, the Q5 is still twice the price of an entry-level Curve or any number of Nokia S40 or Android devices.

For roughly the same price as a Q5, you could buy the Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One X, Motorola Razr HD or Google Nexus 4 — all top-end devices, all offering better cameras and other hardware.
    The Q5: not good enough, BlackBerry | TechCentral

While we’re impressed that BlackBerry has brought out a mid-range phone, because the Q10 is so expensive, we still think it’s too pricey. The small display is crisp and nice to use, and there are still some neat features such as 4G and NFC support and a reasonable snapper. But the design is not thrilling and there are cheaper, more desirable handsets on offer.
    BlackBerry Q5 Review
    amazinglygraceless and keypad like this.
    07-04-13 03:18 PM
    Another blackberry phone too expensive for its looks and specs

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:22 PM
    every review has one thing in common for sure....price is too high and I fully agree. For as little as 25-50 more you can get yourself a Z or Q device if buying outright. and the difference is even less if you are going on monthly payments that some carriers offer.
    07-04-13 03:31 PM
    Another blackberry phone too expensive for its looks and specs

Posted via CB10
    Yea similar to how Macs are too expensive for what you get right?? Lol

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    sparkaction likes this.
    07-04-13 03:31 PM
    The only performance issue praised was web browsing.

Well they said for a "? Mid tier ?" phone, it handled BB10 without major issue, in other words, It's not a **** performer like many low cost android phones running ICS or JB.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-04-13 03:45 PM

Well except people actually buy macs because they perceive the added value is there, little chance here in such a crowded market.
    07-04-13 03:48 PM
    Also these are the rating highlights:

That score will be revised to 3.5 or 4, when the price drops to level that the average parent of a teenager this phone is market to, is prepared to pay.
    07-04-13 03:48 PM
    every review has one thing in common for sure....price is too high and I fully agree. For as little as 25-50 more you can get yourself a Z or Q device if buying outright. and the difference is even less if you are going on monthly payments that some carriers offer.
    Because of poor sales and where it in its lifecycle, the Z10 might actually be cheaper shortly...
    07-04-13 03:53 PM
    That score will be revised to 3.5 or 4, when the price drops to level that the average parent of a teenager this phone is market to, is prepared to pay.
    but that defeats the purpose of the phone. its should be at the cost the day it goes on sale
    07-04-13 03:53 PM
    but that defeats the purpose of the phone. its should be at the cost the day it goes on sale

It is.

It got a rating of 3 out of a possible 5 stars.

Good in my book, but a review is a total package thing to me, therefore if the price had hit that sweet point, the it would have reiceved a higher rating.

�249 is the sweet point for me.
    07-04-13 03:59 PM

Idk. You tell me. I own one and looking at another mac pro. I also own about 10 win laptops, 6 win desktops, 5 tablets, a bunch of smart phones. All for development reasons. So I can say they aren't too expensive for what you get. I personally prefer mac over pc when running QNX ide.

I don't see how this has anything to do with the q5 as most reports are saying the same old thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:04 PM
    Idk. You tell me.
    mac`s are too expensive, if you built a hackintosh yourself youd probably save 30% easy even if you went real top end specs. but then that's because you only really save if you spend top end on a self build I guess
    07-04-13 06:57 PM
    mac`s are too expensive
    So are BlackBerrys. The difference is Macs actually sell well. Blackberrys don't. So what was your point again?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:35 PM
    So are BlackBerrys. The difference is Macs actually sell well. Blackberrys don't. So what was your point again?

Posted via CB10
    you said to tell you if macs were too expensive for what they were, so I did relax lol,

just to add I never mentioned BB or their price or how they sell compared to macs, that was all you. although yes I agree the Q5 is way overpriced.
    07-04-13 10:09 PM
    I think they do need to bring the price of the Q5 down. It's still a bit expensive for a phone that is supposed to be sold in great volumes.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:47 PM
    Is it possible the prices for Q5 are based on location demand and if released in US they will price it $100 cheaper?

07-04-13 11:30 PM
32 12