I got my new BlackBerry Z10 yesterday and have been tinkering with it ever since.
    The phone itself is good. But, IMHO, what is missing is a back button. At least a back button is needed.
    A ported Google maps application made me realize that.

Also what is missing is the awesome capability of BlackBerry phones to handle emails flawlessly.

What I noticed is that the BlackBerry 10 OS lacks and lags very very badly at what BlackBerry legacy OS have been amazing at, that is handling push emails through POP and IMAP.

The interface is so bad that it makes me want to shift back to my 3 years old BlackBerry Torch, OS 6 device.

I don't think this is what I expected from BlackBerry 10, at least not on the email handling front.

Please fix this, else you'll lose your email crazy loyal customers too.
    We have stuck on to BlackBerry only for the email handling.
    07-04-13 01:24 PM
    For the back button issue, swipe diagonally from the BlackBerry logo. For example, start from the berry icon on the logo and swipe at a like an 80 degree angle. I don't know if that makes sense, but it works all the time for me when there's the absence of a back button.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    07-04-13 01:27 PM
    I only found the need of the back button on side loaded or ported apps.
    The native apps work flawlessly.
    And ported apps are slow as hell.
    07-04-13 01:30 PM
    Also I'm not sure if the OS 10.1 update would fix the buggy email app (or HUB, as it is supposed to be called).
    Managing the hub is also a but tricky, requires a day or two's learning curve.
    07-04-13 01:33 PM
    Also, is it true that the BlackBerry 10 OS emails are no longer routed through the BIS?
    If that's the case; I am going back to my old BB Torch.

Mahn, the email handling on my Z10 is really really a nightmare.
    Please BBRY, fix this; else I'll go back to my old BB and chuck the Z10 for good.
    07-04-13 01:39 PM
    No. Nothing goes through bis.

Bis is slow for browsing and email content is restricted in format and size.

Change your pop or I map setting to manually check every 15 minutes like bis did for u.

Posted via CB10
    raremage likes this.
    07-04-13 01:50 PM
    Yes but I prefer immediately pushed mails.
    That's why I loved BlackBerry.

15mins delay is a killer, except when I am asleep or my phone is running low on battery.
    07-04-13 01:54 PM
    Without bis, there's nothing unique BlackBerry offers on the email front. Literally.
    07-04-13 01:57 PM

15mins delay is a killer, except when I am asleep or my phone is running low on battery.
    Don't know what you're talking about. I get IMAP and Exchange mail with no delay whatsoever.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    07-04-13 01:59 PM

Then set it to five, the lowest possible.

You're lamenting the fact that BlackBerry has now embraced standard protocols. There are fifty posts out there from people who miss BIS, and a greater number that are happy it's out of the loop (like me, to be honest).

If you're married to the old functionality, right now the choice is going back I guess. To me it's no big deal.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:59 PM
    Could you please elaborate how you set it up Sir?
    07-04-13 02:00 PM
    Thunderbuck, please walk me through how you managed to get no delay in getting emails.
    07-04-13 02:03 PM
    Raremage, is it possible to get it to 5mins?

And I have a windows phone 7, which even though sucks at emails, pushes emails immediately.
    Not in imap though.
    07-04-13 02:05 PM
    I just did standard setup for Gmail, Outlook.com, and my own Exchange server. I've tested all 3 and get email simultaneously on my device and on a desktop.

DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-04-13 02:23 PM
    I tried the standard and the advanced setup, don't seem to get the messages right away. There's always a lag or I need to manually press refresh.
    07-04-13 02:24 PM
    really? i get my emails before they are on my laptop

pull down from the top and you get the back button. you can pin the bottom bar so it is always visible or swipe diagonally from left to right at the bottom, when you�re in android apps.
    07-04-13 02:38 PM
    Raremage, is it possible to get it to 5mins?

And I have a windows phone 7, which even though sucks at emails, pushes emails immediately.
    Not in imap though.
    Go to the home screen, swipe down and go into settings

Choose accounts

Find the account in question and tap on it. Tap again on the email settings

Scroll down a little. I have 'use push if supported' set to ON. Below that you can use the drop down to set the sync interval. Shortest is five minutes.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:40 PM
    I had the same problem, but have since resolved it by doing this: Have your incoming POP or IMAP email forwarded to an exchange account (i.e. outlook). Then just set the default "send mail" as your POP or IMAP account in outlook settings. Add this account on your phone, et voila. You will have push email on your BBRY 10 device.
    07-04-13 02:41 PM
    I just did standard setup for Gmail, Outlook.com, and my own Exchange server. I've tested all 3 and get email simultaneously on my device and on a desktop.

Same here, but some accounts / providers / delivery systems may not support push IMAP. I think I've read Yahoo's implementation is different than Google for example.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:41 PM
    My email is instant or arrives before it gets to my laptop. The above posters advice on the android app back button is spot on and should solve that issue for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:43 PM
    About the back button in ported apps, I found the way. Thanks for your responses.

About the email sync issue, I performed a security wipe on my device and then setup the accounts again - still not working. :-(

I could post screen shots from my phone if you could guide me accordingly.
    07-04-13 05:39 PM
    And I am a complete Gmail user for all my needs.
    Plus, also couldn't get the android app for Gmail to work on my z10.
    There's some error in the bar file conversion.

Rest of the things except the email are working flawlessly.
    And I dearly need the emails to work again. Can't be sitting with my laptop all day.
    07-04-13 05:41 PM
    I am attaching the screen shots taken of my BlackBerry z10 on the email account settings screens.

Also, I tried, but unable to lower the sync time below 15 mins.
    Please help guide me to get my emails back on track.

Thanking you in advance.

BlackBerry 10 is lacking at what the legacy BlackBerry OS have been awesome at - Handling emails :-(-img_00000011.png
    BlackBerry 10 is lacking at what the legacy BlackBerry OS have been awesome at - Handling emails :-(-img_00000010.png
    BlackBerry 10 is lacking at what the legacy BlackBerry OS have been awesome at - Handling emails :-(-img_00000009.png
    BlackBerry 10 is lacking at what the legacy BlackBerry OS have been awesome at - Handling emails :-(-img_00000008.png
    BlackBerry 10 is lacking at what the legacy BlackBerry OS have been awesome at - Handling emails :-(-img_00000007.png
    BlackBerry 10 is lacking at what the legacy BlackBerry OS have been awesome at - Handling emails :-(-img_00000006.png
    pbeasley likes this.
    07-04-13 06:12 PM
    Is it a OS 10 vs OS 10.1 issue?
    07-04-13 06:14 PM
    I tried the standard and the advanced setup, don't seem to get the messages right away. There's always a lag or I need to manually press refresh.
    Seriously. If you're having this issue, it's not BlackBerry. Email is ubiquitous... between ActiveSync, BES, IMAP, etc...

There's no reason for a fifteen minute delay on receiving your emails. It's not BlackBerry, God knows we'd have read about already if that was the case.

Odds are it's your service provider or your setup at home.
    07-04-13 06:35 PM
58 123